best AAA nimh batteries?

TakeTheActive

Enlightened
In the break-in mode if you set the cell to 1000mAh, you basically get the same effect for many hours after the cell is fully charged...
I disagree.

In BREAK-IN (800mAh AAA), you're supplying (80mA) 0.1C for 16 hours TIMED. In CHARGE, you're supplying 500mA (actually 450mA if we want to get 'too technical' ;) ) UNTIMED / UNTIL TERMINATION (-DeltaV, MaxV, MaxTemp), then you're supplying an additional 100mA for 2 hours TIMED. If the cells were warm or hot at termination, then you're going to continue heating them, albeit slower, for another 2 hours.

One example of a CPF Archived discussion on this: Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One Charger - Post #42

If YOUR AAA cells don't heat up at 500mA in the C9000 or 640mA in the Sony, that's all well-and-good for YOU. I'm just providing additional information for the reader to make his own 'informed' decision from. :)

WAY BACK in Post #38 you stated your OPINION:
For those that aren't doing this, I think you'll have the best luck with AAA's in the C-9000 if you charge them at 500ma, instead of the default 1 amp setting...
and in Post #41 I posted mine.
:dedhorse:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disagree.

In BREAK-IN (800mAh AAA), you're supplying (80mA) 0.1C for 16 hours TIMED. In CHARGE, you're supplying 500mA (actually 450mA if we want to get 'too technical' ;) ) UNTIMED / UNTIL TERMINATION (-DeltaV, MaxV, MaxTemp), then you're supplying an additional 100mA for 2 hours TIMED. If the cells were warm or hot at termination, then you're going to continue heating them, albeit slower, for another 2 hours.

One example of a CPF Archived discussion on this: Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One Charger - Post #42

If YOUR AAA cells don't heat up at 500mA in the C9000 or 640mA in the Sony, that's all well-and-good for YOU. I'm just providing additional information for the reader to make his own 'informed' decision from. :)

WAY BACK in Post #38 you stated your OPINION:

and in Post #41 I posted mine.
:dedhorse:

Hmm, okay the reason I mentioned that was because I thought you said that there is a 2 hour 100mA charge to the cells regardless from the C9000 as a topping off charge. So I thought, why would it hurt the cells if they are being topped off at the same current as the topping off charge for awhile longer. The C9000 manual states that this low current charge should not hurt the cell.