Best penlight?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Gerber Foreman looks interesting. I don't have one, but have been tempted. Kind of old tech these days, but you do get separate red, green, and blue heads, besides the white.

Geoff

mckee338

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the regular Stylus from Streamlight for the past 3 years. Not nearly as bright as the pro model, but so much smaller - same diameter as a pen. 3 AAAA batteries.

Plus a Surefire E2D Defender in my pocket.

Paytonium

Newly Enlightened
If I want an actual stylus pen, then the Preon 2 is the only way to go. Wicked bright light. Forget the Streamlight Stylus, it holds nothing to 4sevens...except maybe some wallet cushion.

If I'm going for a stylus, plus some girth, plus some output, then the 4sevens Mini AA2 is it.

BOTH are SWEET lights and can go anywhere without being a nuisance.

By the way, I'm new to this forum, and I love 4sevens lights...this will come up repeatedly.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Another penlight worth mentioning is the snap on one. It's 70 lumens and seems every bit of that, got more of a hot spot than the preon and it's got a more natural tint to it.

The only thing I'm not loving with the preon is the feel of it, it's so smooth. I actually bought it to use at work on inspections, but it's too slippery. I use the snap on ones over the preon at work. Also, the snap on ones are really cheap, don't get me wrong they aren't preon quality but you get 4 in a pack and they work out £5 (ukp) each!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens have a Limited Run High CRI Preon 2 available at this time. (I have the older Limited Run WARMS Preon 2)

Terralux also have a High CRI penlight available in black or orange at 1/2 the price of the Preon 2. Available at batteryjunction.

These are a lot less blue than the standard LED penlight. More suited for checking pupils by doctors, nurses, and EMS personnel.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Sunlite penlights because they're very sturdy. I recommended one to a friend and his was very nice. The Preon 2 in warm white is very hard to miss though. When those run out I strongly recommend the Sunlites.

ROADDAWG244

Newly Enlightened
Ok I carry a microstream in my shirt behind my tie every day, it very small great little light. I also have the preon 2 and the stylus pro its like picking between your kids i love them all lol!

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I have a stylus pro on the way and looking forward to it. Also have the stylus reach. A great little pen light for the right situation.

bandaid

Newly Enlightened
The Streamlight Stylus Pro, was a good penlight...
But the Preon 2 from 4Sevens is hands down far more superior.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Get a Preon 2.

Also, can lego with a Preon 1 body and Twisty tailcap, both are useful.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like underwater kinetics they have their latest 2xAAA at 35 lumens i believe
I really like it at 5.2 inch
As soon as i find a place online with a good price ill get it

Lopezepol75

Newly Enlightened
i think that the preon two and the streamlight stylus pro both have their positives. the preon is far superior and is definetly in my pocket more than the stylus but there is something about the single mode UI of the stylus. I think as a EDC the preon makes a better light with three perfect modes and a lot more output on high. the stlus is also a way better light if any non flashoholic wants to use it. So why buy one? get em both!!!

Put

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sreamlight Stylus LED and love it! In fact, I used one to the point is was just worn out and I picked up another one. The cap just got to the point is quit working properly. Uses 3 AAAA batteries and has a 100,000 LED.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
The Stylus Pro is a good light.I also have a UK2AAA LED penlight that is also a good light.The stylus is brighter,but I like the form factor of the UK better. The UK is a little bigger in diameter, and the head is bigger.If I had to strike someone in self defense the UK would be my choice of the two.

Yup...stylus pro...thats what I have.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
One of my fave EDC lights is my Preon Pro -- Preon head on a Stylus Pro body wrapped with extra O-rings for better purchase. Forward clicky, multiple modes, and beefier clip (free replacements from Streamlight!) = a winner for me! :twothumbs

funkflex

Newly Enlightened
The stream light stylus lights are good. I have a terralux light star 80 that I like alot because of the rubber bite guard. However, recently got a coast A8R. Not sure about lumens (not a lot) but for me size is great. Terralux only comes out of toolbox while coast is charging.
Would love to try one of the peak lights but I work on construction equipment; in this very hard environment, I can have several lights for the price of one. My feelings aren't hurt if it gets crushed or lost.