Best single 18650 Flashlight

OneBigDay

Enlightened
If we are talking a dedicated light and not just a host, I would agree with the SC600 at the moment. The UI and size to output ratio really make is stand out in the crowd.

The download pocket rocket would be my second choice and I actually like the styling of it better than the Zebralight, but the beam might not appeal to some who prefer a thrower. As mentioned by precisionworks the Aluminum version can be had for < $150. If you are trying to maximize output while minimizing size, this is a great choice.

See photo for size comparizon (pocket rocket is 3rd from right, SC600 is second from right).

Neither light is perfect but they both have enough great features go make them stand out IMO.

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
If we are talking a dedicated light and not just a host, I would agree with the SC600 at the moment. The UI and size to output ratio really make is stand out in the crowd.

The download pocket rocket would be my second choice and I actually like the styling of it better than the Zebralight, but the beam might not appeal to some who prefer a thrower. As mentioned by precisionworks the Aluminum version can be had for < $150. If you are trying to maximize output while minimizing size, this is a great choice.

See photo for size comparizon (pocket rocket is 3rd from right, SC600 is second from right).

Neither light is perfect but they both have enough great features go make them stand out IMO.
OneBigDay,

So you are saying the throw on the SC600 is significantly better? I wonder if it is worth the wait for the SC600W.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both have limited throw, but SC600 has almost no throw at all, it's one of the floodiest flashlights on the market.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
OneBigDay,

So you are saying the throw on the SC600 is significantly better? I wonder if it is worth the wait for the SC600W.

Both lights (SC600 and DPR) tend towards flood, and of the two the Pocket Rocket is even more so.

I find that for my uses a light like the SC600 "throws" as far as I need it to. So of course YMMV and some may not like the beam profile. Some like floody lights and others don't. Not much I can do about that. I guess my point is that IMO the SC600 is a really impressive light for general use and should at least be considered if you are looking for the "best" 1x18650.

If you get to the point where you are considering the SC600 but on the fence, spend some time reading the SC600 thread and see what people like and don't like about it.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Spark SL6-800 is lighter then Zebralight SC600. Good EDC.
Agree with that. Its now my favorite 18650 light. And its _bright_. My collegues already gotten used to bright lights, but that ones still managed to blow them away...

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac T20C2 MkII, I like the UI as is, and its module system means you can change the led/power to suit your taste. Or any solid P60 host with your choice of drop-in.

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, I may take a look down the road at the T20C2 or the SC600W but am sold on the Armytech Predator for now. Thanks for all of your input.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
One vote for the soon to be release Zebralight SC600W! :thumbsup:
- Neutral tint
- Outstanding runtime and current regulation.
- Side clicky....when you pick up the light, the thumb is where it is!
- Low low mode of 0.1lm
- Best UI....quick access to low or high mode!
- Natural color....not the typical Black anodizing.
I wish they throw in a holster next time! :naughty:
This Summer Ive gone from HDS twisty high CRI to TerraLux Lightstar 80 warm white & LumaPower Trust 2 EDC combo to XENO E03 neutral......Hopefully this will be my next light in neutral of course. Now I want power and high CRI both! (BTW the HDS 18650 twisty sapphire lens hi cri is the second most expensive light I own, I enjoyed the "feel" of such a quality piece of technology craftmanship and machining and performance. I went back to one handed operation instead of twisty.)
The Zebralight SC600 warm tint should be just a little more than half the price of my sapphire lens hi cri HDS 18650 twisty, So another $100 to satisfy "my LED addiction" seems like a deal LOL!!! From what I've read here that light should be available sometime in September. Gives me time to sell some plasma or put kidney up for sale on eaahbaye heh heh heh j/k LMAO!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Best single 18650

+1! There may be better lights out there, but I don't know of any. My SC60 and SC600 lights are my constant "go to" lights. Even if I am carrying a different light, I always have one of the SC's with me.
Of course there is no "BEST", but...

I vote overall winner is the ZebraLight SC60w. However depending on your needs the ZebraLight SC600 is also a real winner. If you need lots of throw, then look at some of the other suggestions.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
ISC600 is nice, bright, and compact. but for me, having to lock-out the tailcap gets irritating sometimes.

FYI, you don't have to lock out the SC600 tailcap. The button is much more recessed and also takes more pressure to turn on. It is far different from any prior Zebralight and there is no way it would accidently turn on in your pocket. I've carried mine in my pocket many times and it has not turned on and I never lock it out. Trust me, it would be near impossible for an accidental turn on in the pocket.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Best single 18650

I don't have the SC600, because I chose to get a V20C instead, and I am happy with my choice. I know it's not as bright, but it's plenty bright for my needs, and I love the simplicity of the UI. It doesn't get much simpler than "Twist to on, continue twisting to desired brightness." So, I can't say for sure that I like the V20C better than the SC600, but I'm pretty sure I would if I had both ;)

Sunwayman's V20C gets my vote for best 18650 light.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all, I may take a look down the road at the T20C2 or the SC600W but am sold on the Armytech Predator for now. Thanks for all of your input.
Nice choice. They are new, but no other light offers the features that they do at such a good price. I HIGHLY recommend the High CRI XPG as your emitter choice. If you want super throw go with the smooth reflector, if you want a throw/spill balance and big hot spot go with the orange peel. I was accidentally shipped the OP reflector but found it better for my use then the smooth reflector that I had previously (it was one of the old defective ones). The programming is challenging, but if you need help I'm sure you will find it. Once you get the programming it's not so bad (and you don't have to program the light if you are happy with the default settings).

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
Nice choice. They are new, but no other light offers the features that they do at such a good price. I HIGHLY recommend the High CRI XPG as your emitter choice. If you want super throw go with the smooth reflector, if you want a throw/spill balance and big hot spot go with the orange peel. I was accidentally shipped the OP reflector but found it better for my use then the smooth reflector that I had previously (it was one of the old defective ones). The programming is challenging, but if you need help I'm sure you will find it. Once you get the programming it's not so bad (and you don't have to program the light if you are happy with the default settings).

Now that was some specific info I was looking for. Thanks a mill!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that was some specific info I was looking for. Thanks a mill!
Just saw your other thread... make sure you do some research before you decide. I have found the extra lumens aren't worth the sacrifice in tint/CRI... some feel otherwise.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, you don't have to lock out the SC600 tailcap. The button is much more recessed and also takes more pressure to turn on. It is far different from any prior Zebralight and there is no way it would accidently turn on in your pocket. I've carried mine in my pocket many times and it has not turned on and I never lock it out. Trust me, it would be near impossible for an accidental turn on in the pocket.

my apologizes for that statement, thanks for correcting me.
im really glad ZL has been able to do that. I still use my ZL headlamps all the time, and im definitely not a fan of locking them out all the time.

@ dondulah, congratz on the predator, i think its a really good deal for such a light. the predator has been out since the beginning of the year, and ive only seen 1 for resale on the marketplace.
for me, its definitely a keeper, it actually replaced 3 of my lights.

if you have problem with programming it, theres a great youtube video by cheapsteel. (i hope i spelled that right)

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much throw do you sacrifice with the orange peel reflector?

I normally buy floody lights, but the whole point of the predator is that it's a small thrower. If I can have the nicer beam and keep 90% of the throw, then the OP reflector is probably what I want.

--flatline

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to recommend Skilhunt defier X1(XM-L). It has a gold-plated copper fins on the head
performs very good heat dissipation. You can use the high mode for a long time without
changing to med. or low mode due to heat.
You can choose the reflector type between SMO and OP.