Best single 18650 Flashlight

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to recommend Skilhunt defier X1(XM-L). It has a gold-plated copper fins on the head
performs very good heat dissipation. You can use the high mode for a long time without
changing to med. or low mode due to heat.
You can choose the reflector type between SMO and OP.
It does look impressive. I wish it had a true low setting. Beautiful looking light though.

veedo

Newly Enlightened
Re: Best single 18650

I don't have the SC600, because I chose to get a V20C instead, and I am happy with my choice. I know it's not as bright, but it's plenty bright for my needs, and I love the simplicity of the UI. It doesn't get much simpler than "Twist to on, continue twisting to desired brightness." So, I can't say for sure that I like the V20C better than the SC600, but I'm pretty sure I would if I had both ;)

Sunwayman's V20C gets my vote for best 18650 light.

i really like the looks of the v20c, looks solid. can you comment on the build quality? i think its a good balance between size and output, yet with rugged looking construction. never held one yet though.

arek98

Enlightened

New RRT-15 looks very promising. Can use CR123 if needed. Forward clicky switch with signaling possibility. Ring for infinite brightness control.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

i really like the looks of the v20c, looks solid. can you comment on the build quality? i think its a good balance between size and output, yet with rugged looking construction. never held one yet though.

I haven't subjected it to the bathtub or the sidewalk yet, but this light seems very solid to me. I really like the feel of it in my hand, it has a good weight to it that makes it seem sturdy. The threads are well made, the tailcap comes on and off very smoothly. The size is just about right for my hand, much smaller and it would be a little uncomfortable.

My favorite thing about the build of this light is the magnetic control ring. It operates extremely smoothly, and responds well. There is nothing cheap about the feel of it, it feels like it will last quite a long time.

We'll see how it holds up to use over time, but I have no doubt it will prove to be extremely durable.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened

That would be T20C Sunwayman. 438Ansi Lm and special build UI.
Pics from the switch mechanism. (haven't seen this before in my other lights)
CIMG2481-M.jpg

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much throw do you sacrifice with the orange peel reflector?

I normally buy floody lights, but the whole point of the predator is that it's a small thrower. If I can have the nicer beam and keep 90% of the throw, then the OP reflector is probably what I want.

--flatline
I can't say because my old smooth light was defective (did not draw 1.5A). The OP predator can almost throw as far as my Fenix TK30 that I modded with a warm MCE, that's about the only comparison I have.
EDIT: IIRC the smooth predator beamshots showed a pretty intense hotspot (which makes sense based on the deep reflector). If you primarily stick to floody lights I think the OP might be for you, it transitions well with a big hotspot, its a good beam. If you need a thrower get the smooth.

Last edited:

dondulah

Newly Enlightened

I haven't subjected it to the bathtub or the sidewalk yet, but this light seems very solid to me. I really like the feel of it in my hand, it has a good weight to it that makes it seem sturdy. The threads are well made, the tailcap comes on and off very smoothly. The size is just about right for my hand, much smaller and it would be a little uncomfortable.

My favorite thing about the build of this light is the magnetic control ring. It operates extremely smoothly, and responds well. There is nothing cheap about the feel of it, it feels like it will last quite a long time.

We'll see how it holds up to use over time, but I have no doubt it will prove to be extremely durable.

Hos is the output and throw on your Sunawayman?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hos is the output and throw on your Sunawayman?

I haven't done much real testing with it outside yet, but I will say that I really like the throw to flood ratio on this light. It doesn't have super throw, but it does throw really well, and has generous spill around the hot spot. I would say this is a well balanced light, maybe leaning a little to throw (for a light that can be edc'd).

The output is spectacular. It's more light than I would ever need indoors (the hot spot on max is too bright to look at comfortably inside), and plenty for most outside tasks as well. The low output seems higher than advertised, but still low enough to get around the bedroom without walking up my wife.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

V20C for me!

Runner's up:

JB 3M XML
ZL SC600
Xeno G42V2
TK21U2
LT ED20
Klarus XT10
Olight i6

With so many good lights in the single 18650 range, very hard to decide! Choose what appeals to your senses and not just on the posts here. Was in the same shoes until i settled for the V20C coz it looks cool and the magnetic ring got sorted out. No PWM for this one!

Chidwack

Enlightened

V20C for me!

Runner's up:

JB 3M XML
ZL SC600
Xeno G42V2
TK21U2
LT ED20
Klarus XT10
Olight i6

With so many good lights in the single 18650 range, very hard to decide! Choose what appeals to your senses and not just on the posts here. Was in the same shoes until i settled for the V20C coz it looks cool and the magnetic ring got sorted out. No PWM for this one!

Roadkill. I have been looking for someone who has a Xeno G42V2. Is it possable to give us a small review? Maybe start a different post so this one isn't hi jacked. I'm interested in it's throw compared to some of the other high throw lights.

ciccio90

Newly Enlightened
what you think about the xebra H600? against the sc600 it win or not? i love they but i considerer the H600 because it is more little and portable! you?

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
my favourite set

Spark SL6S-740NW + Panasonic NCR18650A, 3100mAh + XTAR WP2 II

14396361_17e5f4d9de4001de7983cce1825736f3_l.jpg

14389909_693fb0a0db4c981a42c60bf954336b00_l.jpg

14396703_43df25445dd0edc8b5401211d4f8a811_l.jpg

14397193_0f4fc2579b5670747eef659e85a14201_l.jpg

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Klarus XT11 - Much better UI for me, no two handed op needed, all tail cap clicks, comes on in high, has full on or momentary, 600 lumens on high, ~ 100 on medium, and ~ 10 lumens on low, instant strobe access if needed. Has good throw, and good spill, excellent compromise in throw/flood.

thaugen

Enlightened
I am a new owner and big an of the Eagletac G25C2. Solid tank of a light with a spectacular UI, lots of power, long runtimes and lots of fun accessories.

opiy

Newly Enlightened
I was researching this very same thing (single 18650 light) and I just placed an order for the Zebralight SC600 because its small package, weight, and looks to have an easy enough UI. All the great reviews helped alot also. I bought it because I need something I can just throw in my pocket while I work and if its small enough maybe even as a EDC but I might get a Sunwayman M10R R5 for that. I didn't really need throw so that wasn't a huge priority for me.

ROB21

Newly Enlightened
Along these lines, any passionate thoughts on the 18650 batteries themselves? That Panasonic battery looks like a top contender; are there any others that stand out in terms of build quality, performance, high mAh ratings, etc.?

Latest posts