Botach advertisement in CPF - Very disapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing personal here, I've never done business with you, nor would I ever.

Let us know how the trial goes. Too bad he can only be sentenced to 5 years at most.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from Botach awhile back and never had a problem. I can however understand the resentment of those who had a bad experience with Botach and are now reminded of it with a banner ad.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I could list all the issues I have with Botach but I don't want to repeat myself as many disgruntle former customers have already done so. Botach, what you have done is not a mistake; I have no doubt it is intentional. Mistakes don't take a few years to correct. If it is the same owner, there is no second chance from me!

Greta

Flashaholic
There's nothing personal here, I've never done business with you, nor would I ever.

Really? From the tone of your posts, I figured you had a past with them. Well, I guess it's good then that you don't, seeing as how you seem to have such a strong opinion of them based on other's experiences. :)

Greta

Flashaholic
I could list all the issues I have with Botach but I don't want to repeat myself as many disgruntle former customers have already done so. Botach, what you have done is not a mistake; I have no doubt it is intentional. Mistakes don't take a few years to correct. If it is the same owner, there is no second chance from me!

So you're not going to give them a chance to fail again so you can validate your statements? Hell, I'd be all over that like white on rice! :twothumbs :poke:

greenLED

Flashaholic
C'mon, people, we're all adults here.

Whenever you buy something, it's up to *you* to research the company and decide for yourself whether you want to spend your cash with them or not. Nobody's forcing you to do anything just because there's a banner add somewhere.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to figure this out. First we had "Brendan" posting that the place is under "new management", now we have Mr. Kochba himself posting under the name? Funny stuff.

How long was the previous management around I wonder. And how much cover do they provide in deniability for the company's past history.

As far as I'm concerned, the ownership is responsible for how a company operates, not its employees.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon, people, we're all adults here.

Whenever you buy something, it's up to *you* to research the company and decide for yourself whether you want to spend your cash with them or not. Nobody's forcing you to do anything just because there's a banner add somewhere.

Absolutely. The point is it looks bad and I think some will see it as a slap in the face. If anything, maybe this thread will serve as a reminder to Botach not to slip up while they're advertising here.

If we start again to have the same problems that Botach has had over the past years, people will start to voice concerns. Botach may change now, only because they HAVE TO.

Last edited:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? From the tone of your posts, I figured you had a past with them. Well, I guess it's good then that you don't, seeing as how you seem to have such a strong opinion of them based on other's experiences. :)

Not my war but witty remark :thumbsup:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was always afraid to deal with Botach because of the warnings of other people whose deals went bad. Its good (to me anyway) to hear of the company trying to make amends for past problems.

Hope it all works out good for all!

Same with me. I hope to deal with the company for the first time sometime in the near future.

Empath

Flashaholic
For the record, one can do a search in the Cheers forum for Botach in the title, and one can do a search in the Jeers forum. What you find is 18 threads jeering Botach, and 11 threads cheering Botach.

Clearly, consensus doesn't exist. Some think they're worth cheering, and some don't. So, should we give the opinions of the negative the nod, and restrict what advertising they can purchase? (especially considering that so much of the negative is based on hearsay) Or, should we give the ones that have cheered them the nod, and count them worthy of advertising?

Actually, we don't involve "worthy" in such a decision. We sell advertising. We count advertisers as supporters. They support and endorse us as worthy, not the other way around. Those that support and endorse us certainly get our appreciation, but endorsements aren't what we sell. We sell advertising.

I don't see any justification in some thinking their "jeering" viewpoint is more valuable than those with a "cheering" viewpoint. We provide the banner ads. You provide your own evaluation of mixed opinions. There's no reason for us to side with you. We don't do endorsements, nor exclusions.

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
In the past I did not deal with Botach because of all the complaints I read about but I recently decided to give them a try. I have placed two orders and both have been delivered quickly and the price (Glock magazines) was the best I've found. They do seem to be trying to repair their image. I would not hesitate to place another order with them.

IBCool

Newly Enlightened
ampdude,
Yes Efraim Diveroli is my nephew and NO!, I, nor my company have had any dealings with him or his company for many years.

The link you provided does mention that he USED to work here for "short-lived job" and does not associate or accuse me or Botach Tactical with his poor dealings.

You say that you "KNOW" we ripped of the U.S government and i don't know on what you based that false accusation! We are proud of our impeccable record and dealings with all branches of the U.S government.

Being ripped off meaning we stole something from somebody. I challenge you to find me one person that we at Botach Tactical have stolen their money.

You wrote "well documented, long track record of ripping people off". On what did you base this false accusations? Can you provide a name, an order number? we all make mistakes but nothing was intentionally and
We have never ripped off anybody, Please look up the definition of a rip off.

It sounds more personal than anything else, if you have been wrong with our company we will fix it.

As Mr. Kochba is distancing himself from his nephew I felt it only fair to include another link to well researched report on Botach et al http://majikthise.typepad.com/majikthise_/2008/03/botach-tactic-1.html . As far as second chances go, perhaps it is my guilt ridden upbringing as a Catholic, so in general I believe people/organizations should be given second chances. But given Botach et al's track record, how many second chances does one get?

John Rene

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yes DR Deuce, same ownership, new management...
Thank you,
Sagi

A major sticking point for many CPFers right there.

You have an uphill battle in gaining the trust of many veteran CPFers. In all honesty, if you went head-to-head against a tank while armed only with a toothpick; your job would be more likely to meet with success.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, one can do a search in the Cheers forum for Botach in the title, and one can do a search in the Jeers forum. What you find is 18 threads jeering Botach, and 11 threads cheering Botach.
Is 18 jeer threads for one business a record here at CPF? :confused:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a small business owner (unrelated products), I like how this thread exemplifies how poor products and service can permanently stain your image.

I don't make mistakes very often but I have. In one example, I built the customer's product to the wrong size. It was my error and once corrected, earned a returning customer. It seems easier and logical to do the right thing the first time. That customer comes back and may even tell his friends. Treat the customer poorly and he may never return and warn even more people.

For one thing, it is my return customers who have come back with the BIG orders. Without them I would have folded.

I hope Botach is doing the right thing now, but as a lesson to any business, you screw people, you have an uphill battle. You might even be through.

Status
Not open for further replies.