Brand new ULTRAFIRE wf-139 charger with problems??

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, i just got my new wf-139 charger from the postman, openned the package and plugged it in the outlet without any batteries just to test it, and i noticed that one of the lights was blinking red and the other blinking green... is it normal? I measured the green light output voltage and it was variating bettwen 2.1 and 5.1v, on the blinking red light it was reading 0,2v~2.7v... So i placed my recent AW18650 battery (3.74v) to charge in the green light slot, it was a little tight but seems like its charging, its blinking red now, but the other slot(empty one) is still blink red...

Wird isnt it?

From the things i`ve read here in the forum, when the charge is plugged in the outlet both lights are suposed to blink green until some battery is putted into charge, right??
thanks guys!:shrug:

Last edited:

fishinfool

Enlightened
I have an Ultrafire WF-139 also and when plugged in, both lights are solid green. When charging it blinks red and when done charging it's back to solid green. So yours is definitely acting a little weird. Did you get it from DX?

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Nope, I got it from an ebay seller for 11 bucks with shipping, i saw the good score and the seller sold more than 140 wf-139 chargers and i tought it was okay to buy from her....

Seems like i can only charge one battery at once :(

fishinfool

Enlightened
You should email them and work on getting it replaced. If you used paypal then you can put in a claim for a refund. Good luck.

nickbubblehead

Newly Enlightened
Received my Ultrafire wf-139 charger and ultrafire 14500 batteries today. I charged the batteries and only took a couple of minutes to charge each. I assume the batteries were already charged. Tonight I put a discharge ultrafire from my Thrunite 1a and a fresh battery that was charged today. I heard a loud pop and smelled burn electronics. Opened up the battery charger and found several fried components, mainly capacitors. I am not going to return it to Battery Junction as I damage the case while opening it. Didn't see the hidden screw under the label. I am assuming that I placed a fully charged cell and a discharged cell at the same time was probably not the smart to do. I see the charger is on EBay for around $10 so I am picking up another one. My question is, as I knew to these Lith-ion batteries and charging characteristics, so what am my missing here?
FYI, my Thrunite 1A using a 14500 is amazingly bright, it makes my Nitecore D10 look like Maglite!