Brick and Mortar Fenix dealers?

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
Is there such a thing? Their website doesn't list a "where to buy." Are these lights, and others (Dereelight, Tiablo, just to name a few) sold in stores, or is this just an internet business?

Obviously i know you can get surefires and streamlights readily, but just wondering about the more exotic brantds.

Rzr800

Enlightened
I'm guessing no at this time. I'd call the Fenix-Store with specific questions in mind; as I'm sure that they'd be glad to help when they're not on the phone with somebody else. My experiences with them have been good so far save some computer-related problems.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some members mentioned seeing Fenix lights in a Canadian (?) store a while back. Other than that, some of the online places do have storefronts. I know TADGear has one, and Lighthound might as well. Not sure about others.

greenstuffs

Banned
it would be hard for the average uneducated maglite user paying $50 for a light with a sticker saying "made in china" so not a good idea having a B&M.

Taboot

Enlightened
it would be hard for the average uneducated maglite user paying $50 for a light with a sticker saying "made in china" so not a good idea having a B&M.

I have a Maglite, a degree AND a $50 Chinese light, but I would love to see a local Fenix (etc.) dealer.

T

KingGlamis

Banned
I have wondered a lot why Fenix lights are not available in regular stores. It just baffles me. There has got to be a reason, but I can't figure it out. Seems to me that the Fenix-Store.com could do well distributing the lights to retailers. I have no idea why they don't, or why someone else doesn't cash in on this huge opportunity.

If only I had a few million to get this going... :eek:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that Fenix simply can't handle it yet. Would take some pretty serious investment to be prepared for lifetime warranty repair for many times more lights a year.

daveman

Enlightened
I'm guessing that Fenix simply can't handle it yet. Would take some pretty serious investment to be prepared for lifetime warranty repair for many times more lights a year.
I don't think that's the reason. I see the lack of demand as the main concern; desire+purchasing power= demand, keeping this in mind, there's practically no demand in America for flashlights over $60. The ONE AND ONLY niche has already been taken by Surefire.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Maglite, a degree AND a $50 Chinese light, but I would love to see a local Fenix (etc.) dealer.

T

I think BatteryJunction is in Connecticut. They have a good selection of lights, and Matt has always been pleasant to deal with.

From their site:
BatteryJunction.com
11 Bokum Rd Unit B
Essex, CT 06426 USA
Phone: 860-767-8888 M-F 9-5 EST

Last edited:

crjfo

Newly Enlightened
Or, if you're in atlanta you can head over to the fenix store. It is only by appointment but they are very friendly and helpfull I plan on heading over there sometime in the next week.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
There are a number of smaller stores around that sell Fenix products. If you email Fenix they can tell you if there is one near you. I tried that last year and the nearest one was a long way away. I think they said Seattle, but I don't remember for sure. They had that promotion going where if you could connect them with a store that would buy their lights, they would give you a free Fenix flashlight.

topcat39

Newly Enlightened
Not to get too far off-topic: Sportsman's Warehouse has several lights in the $150+ range, as I recall, because that was the first time I saw any outside of a catalog. Looking in my Cabellas catalog there are 3 ShureFire lights for $250-$400, and 2 Cabellas house brand for $70-$80 and another for $130. I'm sure you will find these at any Caballes retail outlet. I'll bet LL Bean and Brass Pro Shop will have a selection of expensive lights (>$75).

Of course, no Fenix at any of these stores.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll add to this list: TAD Gear in San Francisco also carries several Fenix models among other "internet only" brands such as JetBeam. Lots of other cool stuff as well.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Here in Hawaii, by the Moilili baseball field and Old Stadium Park, is a gun shop in the 2nd floor of a building on the corner of Beretania Str. and... I can't remember, the street that Young Str. end at. But they have the P3's there... as well as a .40 Hi-Power that I can't take my eyes off of!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem with having a Brick and Mortar Store is that you will get
everyone fighting over each over to see who gets the best the brightest light with the best tint. You would have to sell the lights in a sealed Blister pack, otherwise the worse ones will be sold online to the ones who can't make it in to the Store, have to keep it Fair

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some members mentioned seeing Fenix lights in a Canadian (?) store a while back.
The General Store
Eastgate Square
75 Centennial Parkway North,Stoney Creek, ON L8E 2P2
-
Hillcrest mall
9350 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario
-
Woodbine Shopping Centre
500 Rexdale Blvd., Etobicoke, ON M9W 6K5
-
Northgate village center
Calgary, Alberta, T2A 6K3
-
Check out this thread in CPF marketplace for Canadian dealers of other flashlights.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=170044

Taboot

Enlightened
I think BatteryJunction is in Connecticut. They have a good selection of lights, and Matt has always been pleasant to deal with.

From their site:
BatteryJunction.com
11 Bokum Rd Unit B
Essex, CT 06426 USA
Phone: 860-767-8888 M-F 9-5 EST

wow. That's funny. Bokum Rd is literally .05 miles from my business. I don't recall seeing a store there, but I don't regularly travel that road. I probably will today though!

Thanks.

Taboot

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen a store in Los Angeles that carries Fenix lights? I would think a store like REI would be interested in these lights. They have about 10 or so LED lights already but they are all poop and they go for the same price as many Fenix lights.