Brightstar 24W HID

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
lighting1288 said:
Brighter and whiter for what?? Burn time should be more important.

They are all HID, and both light are very bright! that is what counts!:bumpit:

give it up....
people know what they want. brightness, and color is more important to them than a few minutes of runtime.
people know your is inferior in area of performance that other people are looking for. so quit trying to promote it, obviously it's not going very well. why do you care so much what other people think of your light? if you're happy with it then fine. other people don't like that light for their own reasons, quit trying to convince them. not like you have anything to gain from it....or do you?

Xzn

Newly Enlightened
lighting1288 said:
Brighter and whiter for what?? Burn time should be more important.

They are all HID, and both light are very bright! that is what counts!:bumpit:
Kevinccho, you fail at trying to convince us based on pseudo evidence and a flawed marketting pitch. Will an admin ban him already?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do some people feel the need to trash someones new light? If I just bought a corvette and someone who just joined the group just bought a new mustang, I would say congratulations, let the person be excited about how fast it is, and how well it handles, and keep my mouth shut.

Lightning 1288, I am glad you enjoy your brightstar. It sounds like a great light and it is one of the brightest lights made. It smokes my light cannon hid, and you paid less money...Great buy! And I still love my light cannon.

I have a gerber lx3 and a inova t4...the t4 is a way better light than the gerber in a number of ways...and I hate it, and never use it. I would not slam someone else for buying one though...expecially if he or she is new to the forum.

I would not buy a aepowerlight 24w myself...it seems so little more for a x990...which if I read the review right, the powerlight 24 dosen't compare to it.
But to every one out there who has one...Your lucky, you have one heck of a light, and one of the best ever made...congrats.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to post right after I posted, but I just read all 3 pages of john2551 and others ripping lightning 1288 apart. Maybe he is a plant from brightstar. Or maybe he like me, looked at the forum for a while and decided to join.

Bought a light that he thought would be considered cool and a wise investment and tried to join and be part of a group of people who like flashlights...oh yeah...those were the cool people in my high school...and got slammed right off the bat.

Had I read such stupid posts like this, I would not have wasted my time...how many of those singing the praises of the aepowerlight actually have one...and even less I would venture have seen both...except on a moniter...

As for bogus claims by manufactures....which ones don't lie...I do not think there is one...maybe surefire...but I do not think that the l4 is as bright as the sl,t3...but I do not have the $20,000 test equipment to be sure...And either do any of you.

So to conclude...all light manufactures lie about runtime, lumens ect- or at least 98%. that is why this forum is so great. It would be nice to hear reviews and opinions with out the cocky my brand rocks yours sucks attitude. Or have the host come up with a flashprickaholic label so the rest of us new members and possible future members can just disregard you from the very begining.

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woodrow......................Why don't you RE-READ all the posts and check all the links provided and if you come up with the same conclusion then RE-READ it again...... then if you still come up with the same conclusion then PM me and I will explain it all to you.

Mac

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel,

Thanks for your reply, I see your point. My main concern was based mainly on the first several posts and replies..The first post to me read basicly..."I just got a new light for a good deal and I like it.." followed by.."yeah but it is not as good as the ae powerlight...

lightning 1288 does kind of sound like a sales pitch for brightstar...But how many people here sound like sales reps for Surefire, Fenix, AE ect. We all rightfully push the brands we like...and kind of want everyone to agree with us that our judgement is correct and valid.

The owner, rep - whoever of brightstar might be a jerk...I was not here for that, but like I said...how many manufactures don't cook the books as to their product's stats. My inova t4 is nowhere near 100 lumens. The pelican 3watt led does not have 4 hours (decent) runtime. That is not why I like or dislike those lights. From reading forums like this, and quickbeam's I know that the brighter a light is...the shorter runtime ect.

I would most likely buy a brightstar over the ae24watt...even though I know the ae is brighter....I like more compact in length lights...The AE is not "superior in every way." just brighter...durability ect...are have not been proven either way...both are too new. I have looked very closely to the 14watt ae though.

We all have our favorite lights....and not always because they are the very brightest, longest running ect. My problem is when people who do not even own the lights they are pushing, feel the need to slam another light..they have also never seen or own... I have a friend who just bought a dorcy 1watt and is very proud of it. There are waaay better lights out there. But do I need to rain on his parade?

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has nothing to do with the OWNER of brightstar. He has zero involement in this. The beef here is with Kevin he owner of HidExtra who sells the brighstar.

The AeLight PL24 and Brighstar are indentical in length and size maybe you missed that?? The only difference is internal

HidExtra aka Kevin bashed AeLight and other reputable vendors on this board and thats why he was Banned.

Also did you see the 24watt shootout??? The "CLEAR" winner was the AeLight by a huge margin.

Mac

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, my only problem is slamming someone elses light after they have allready bought one. If someone is writting to get advice as to which light to buy..by all means I think you should post the superlights links ect. I just have a problem with telling a new member that he made a stupid buying decision. I do not have a 24watt powerlight or a brightstar so I am not an expert on either...Do you? does John2551 have a 24watt or just a 14watt-which sounds like a great light...but how does the brightstar compare to it for the money...I have read a couple of posts with problems with it...and surefire lights and pelican's and fenix ect. No piece of electronics is perfect.

Again, I believe that AE most likely makes awesome lights...but I do not own one so I am not a expert...I also do not know that brightstar sucks...It seemed at least 75% as bright as the powerlight-which also got smoked by some bigger more expensive lights.

Again...my problem is having non experts slam other products to people who allready spent their hard earned money on something else.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
woodrow said:
Again, my only problem is slamming someone elses light after they have allready bought one. If someone is writting to get advice as to which light to buy..by all means I think you should post the superlights links ect. I just have a problem with telling a new member that he made a stupid buying decision. I do not have a 24watt powerlight or a brightstar so I am not an expert on either...Do you? does John2551 have a 24watt or just a 14watt-which sounds like a great light...but how does the brightstar compare to it for the money...I have read a couple of posts with problems with it...and surefire lights and pelican's and fenix ect. No piece of electronics is perfect.

Again, I believe that AE most likely makes awesome lights...but I do not own one so I am not a expert...I also do not know that brightstar sucks...It seemed at least 75% as bright as the powerlight-which also got smoked by some bigger more expensive lights.

Again...my problem is having non experts slam other products to people who allready spent their hard earned money on something else.

Woodrow WE ALL agree with you 100% on the bashing a NEW MEMBER.

Remember where 99% sure this NEW MEMBER is AN OLD MEMBER who was BANNED for unethical business practice and was the originator/owner of HidExtra. Got it?

Mac

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, sorry I went off so much. that was my only point....It did not reallyhave anything to do with brightstar or ae or any other brand. I enjoy the forum and happy to have finally joined. You have all been great.

cmacclel said:
Woodrow WE ALL agree with you 100% on the bashing a NEW MEMBER.

Remember where 99% sure this NEW MEMBER is AN OLD MEMBER who was BANNED for unethical business practice and was the originator/owner of HidExtra. Got it?

Mac

OK, this is getting rediculous. I don't post much, but I've read this forum for a long time. I was here when Kevin was being rude, I read it all back then. You all have valid points. Why are people being so rude? There's no proof that "lighting1288" is 100% in fact Kevin from hidxtra.com. If he's not, then "john2551", "cmacclel" are being especially rude. I'm not necessarily siding with either lighting1288 or Kevin, just pointing out that if they're not the same person, you're being very rude to lighting1288.

I wouldn't appreciate it if I spent that much on a light, then decided to share it with people who have a common interest, only for the FIRST response to be that it's not AS good as a similar light that costs a bit more. Forgive the long sentence. john2551, of course there's always going to be a better light out there...but what if he simply didn't want to spend that much on it? I just bought a "Costco HID" from harborfreight.com! Why don't you tell me i'm an idiot because it's bigger and heavier than a Maxabeam?

If I'm wrong about this particular incident, who cares, you should give people a chance to enjoy a light like that. I would be a bit defensive, especially since your only proof seems to be the beamshots that Kenshiro posted. Please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, I think Kevin was very rude, and I'd definitely spend the extra $ for the PL-24, but maybe this guy didn't have the background I have.

Matt

RoyJ

Enlightened
Totally agree. Some of you guys are being pretty harsh on anyone who buys a light from a "unwanted manufacture".

Just imagine if a potential flashholic comes on here, excited on the whole flashlight topic, and say: "Hi guys, just bought myself a nice light - a Maglite!"

I'm sure half of you guys would rip his lungs apart before he's had a chance to breath.

NAW

Enlightened
The thing about the BrightStar HID along with the AE 24W HID that I don't like is that they seem to be old technology. Now days we can get a Microfire K2000R or a Boxer 24W HID for a more or less of the same brightness. Runtime will be shorter but the lenght of my AE make me wish a new ballast/bulb will come out soon to compensate for the huge size of these lights.

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
@ woodrow:

Full agree with your comments.
If a member like lightning1288 is convinced with his flashlight and it is working well for his needs, why other members have to give such rude comments?
Everything else than the AE is bullshit.......
That´s the same behavior like kids playing in the sand box: My shovel is larger than yours.
Mercedes is better than GM
Porsche better than Audi........

If lightning likes his Flashlight everything is ok and no one has any argument to convince him like the Inquisation.

By the way, I ilke my Microfire HID and on one has to argue that I have to buy a Polarion because it is much better.........

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Micheal,

You are a new CPF member. You were not here a few years ago when we had a problem with the "brightstar guy". He used several names here & on eBay (he got banned from ebay too several times & continued to use new ebay names but ran the same ad so we knew it was the same guy). There is nothing WRONG with the Brightstar! The problem we had was with this idiot who thought we were idiots but veteran CPF members saw right through his charade.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!