Brightstar 24W HID

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
John to reply to this thread is useless. People only choose to read parts of it and then make uneducated reply's.

We have explained and tried to inform these new members about Kevin's business practices and apparently they missed these posts.

New MEMBERS a little advice.........read an entire thread before making assumptions.

Mac

cchurchi

Enlightened
Well, I remember this thread from awhile back. It helped me decide to buy the AE light over the Brightstar so I'm glad that the debate took place.

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
I´ve read the whole thread and the postings of Kevin as well (what else should I do here while working in the office:lolsign: )

The only thing I wanted to say is that I not like some arguments from other users to the decision of "lightning" to buy a Brightstar even from this :whoopin: dealer. If this dealer treated him well, everything is ok for him.

Nevertheless I would not buy from this store as well due to the behavior from Kevin.

Lexus

Enlightened
I bought a Brightstar from kevinccho BEFORE he started his bad behaviour. If I were NOW to choose between Brightstar and AE Powerlight, I might choose differently...

02Scuba

Banned
The Brightstar is a great light and I do not know who did the test between it and the AE 24 but I oown them both. If the AE is better it is margeneally so to the point it does not, in my opinion make a difference.

Old members telling youg memebers "you were'nt around when we didn't have flashlights. Gizmo had to buy rocks that the shop always had on back order and had to pund them them together to make sparks. That's how we made light back then. You young newbee's don't know nothing." I'm so so sick of hearing this trash from a bunch of has beens.

Look around you Mr. Old member. The guys who are comming up with the new exciting cutting edge stuff are not the old farts like you. They are the newbees. That's the way it is, has been and always will be. So enjoy your momment in the sun and then get the hell out of the way because your holding things up jawing about the old days and a lot of us are getting sick of hearing about it.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
02Scuba said:
The Brightstar is a great light and I do not know who did the test between it and the AE 24 but I oown them both. If the AE is better it is margeneally so to the point it does not, in my opinion make a difference.

Old members telling youg memebers "you were'nt around when we didn't have flashlights. Gizmo had to buy rocks that the shop always had on back order and had to pund them them together to make sparks. That's how we made light back then. You young newbee's don't know nothing." I'm so so sick of hearing this trash from a bunch of has beens.

Look around you Mr. Old member. The guys who are comming up with the new exciting cutting edge stuff are not the old farts like you. They are the newbees. That's the way it is, has been and always will be. So enjoy your momment in the sun and then get the hell out of the way because your holding things up jawing about the old days and a lot of us are getting sick of hearing about it.

02Scuba where you having a bad day yesterday? I can't see how your post relates to this thread at all.

It amazes me how people interpret things differently. I took the original post as an Ad for HIDExtra who was BANNED for unethical business practices. Someone's first post is on how he spent $250 on a flashlight is not the typical new members first post. In case you missed the first post read it again.

i just received my 24W HID Flashlight from www.hidxtra.com today. dame! nice lights!!!

I cant believe it is only $255.00 free shipping and free aluminum case.

I didnt believe it at the first, so I bought it just to see if it is true or its a mistake, and after 4 days, my lights arrived.

dunno how long this sale will last..... what a deal!!

Sounds like an add to me.

Mac

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I almost hate to say this on my first post, but I'm waiting for a 24W HID to come in the mail. I suppose it doesn't matter so much at this point what brand. I've never seen one up close before and only heard of HID less than a month ago. Don't yet know what I'll do with it, but I love the idea of owning a super bright flashlight.

Oh, discovered Fenix and Jetbeam around a month ago as well. All I can say is wow. I never knew lights were getting so powerful and so small. Kinda weird in a nice way...

Burnt_Retinas

Enlightened
Perhaps worth mentioning. I bought a Brightstar....

It's lamp was not focussed well at all. The lamp had off centre electrodes (poor lamp manufacture) but I don't know if a better quality lamp would have had it focussed better. I removed the potting compound and re-focussed it as best I could given the crooked electrodes. Now I could see what it was capable of and what Marc from AELight was talking about a looooong time ago about being disapointed with the feflector/lamp module.

Rather than persist with completing the BS mod by re-potting the lamp with high temp potting compound I bought an AE Light lamp module to see the difference. It was as close to perfectly centered as one could expect for a HID (have to rotate the flashlight for dead-centre super-bright hot spot from the arc itself). I was such a difference in throw and therefore overall illumination from the original OEM BS module I was wondering why I even bothered with the BS version of this light in the first place.

Perhaps Marc had the assemblies selected and tweaked for the extra $ or perhaps I got a dud BS module? Based on other reviews I'd suspect they have been selected and tweaked for quality and focus.

In hindsight, I'd recommend the AE Light. It costs more but wish I went that route. Glass filters and extra impact protection are also a bonus.

BS = :thumbsdow

Chris

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
KenAnderson said:
I almost hate to say this on my first post, but I'm waiting for a 24W HID to come in the mail. I suppose it doesn't matter so much at this point what brand. I've never seen one up close before and only heard of HID less than a month ago. Don't yet know what I'll do with it, but I love the idea of owning a super bright flashlight.

Oh, discovered Fenix and Jetbeam around a month ago as well. All I can say is wow. I never knew lights were getting so powerful and so small. Kinda weird in a nice way...
Hey Ken,
Welcome to CPF :wave:
I'm going to be at the Portland Gun and Knife show this weekend. If you want to check out some lights, I'll have a bunch.
Wolf Eyes Boxers and a Crocodile,
AE PowerLights are on sale at so low a price I can't advertise them.
All the Fenix Cree models including the P2D

KenAnderson

Enlightened
Mike@PTSQuote:
Originally Posted by KenAnderson

Hey Ken,
Welcome to CPF
wink2.gif

I'm going to be at the Portland Gun and Knife show this weekend. If you want to check out some lights, I'll have a bunch.

Thanks Mike,

I've purchased several lights from your website including an HID that I'm anxously waiting for :) and I believe I purchased a couple from you at the last Portland show. Both good experiences on my end. You probably speak to so many people there, I doubt you would remember me.

I will plan to stop by to enjoy the company and look at the new lights. It's all new to me and pretty exciting. I've been buying lights for all my friends to get them started in collecting. It's contageous :grin2:

Question, will you be carrying the Boxer 24W battery holders in the future?

Ken