Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

It just seems like the thing to do. And if all goes well I might be able to see my toes again.

A table spoon of fake crab meat salad, some fake bacon bits, a few salad shrimp to go with the rabbit food and sunflower seeds.
I've been telling myself it's time to start exercising ... just 15 minutes a day will be a great start. Just do it. I don't have an excuse not to.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I've been telling myself it's time to start exercising ... just 15 minutes a day will be a great start. Just do it. I don't have an excuse not to.
I was appalled at how much strength I lost in three years of relative inactivity.
I retired, due to the pandemic, and then stayed inactive as my hip continued to deteriorate.

I went back to work, had my hip replaced, and finally got my dead butt to the gym. I only go for 20-30 minutes twice a week, but it has made a significant improvement.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Your health can decline in what seems like 2 shakes of a lambs tail. Can't say the little salad is performing miracles but my trousers have begun to fit a little better after a month.
The aching body parts @Poppy sure do keep you from moving about. So far I'm all original equipment. So like you @Chauncey Gardiner I'm making a point to just put in a little time excersizing a few times a week.
I used to walk circles around Mrs Fixer. Now she waits for me.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

not including alcohol, only three things have calories.

carbohydrates~ which included all grains / starches & all the types of sugars (80% of everything in stores, sadly)
fats~ which you actually need
protein~ by far the most important and you can get from many different sources

= If you stop eating carbohydrates entirely, your body will adapt & burn fat as fuel..
you'll drop weight so fast your head will spin

Fats & proteins my friends

Poppy

Flashaholic
I enjoyed this chicken in cream sauce so much I made it again last night.
I didn't have any shallots so I thin sliced an onion.
Also instead of using the litany of spices, I used a pre-mixed one.

After rubbing the seasoning onto the chicken and frying it in olive oil, I put it on a plate.
I then sauteed the onion and garlic in the same pan, that was deglazed with some white wine, instead of chicken stock. I then added some heavy cream, and a minute or two later returned the chicken. A squirt of half a lemon, and it was ready to be served, on a bed of rice.

1713526114330.png

1713526145856.png

1713526171222.png

TPA

Enlightened
Looks like I'm joining this thread a bit late...

but I *love* fresh baked bread, straight out of the bread machine and real butter. Or some balsamic vinegar with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

I never planned on having a bread machine at home, but one day at the thrift shop I spotted a Zojirushi bread machine. Opened it up and it had never been used. $20. Same machine sells on Amazon for $320 currently. I bought it thinking I'd just try it once and dump it on eBay... that was 10 years ago and it still hasn't appeared on eBay yet.

@Poppy : Fun fact: Cher hates Kendall Jackson wine.