Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You guys ever get subs at Jersey Mike's? They finally rolled in around here, and I gotta say, they make a great sandwich! :drool:

My favorite local sandwich place, and absolutely impossible to get to. Everyone else in the area knows about them, and they have no drive through, so there's always a line going through the entire dining area.

nbp

Flashaholic
But soo worth it. Club sub, Mike's Way with pepper relish, all doused in oil and vinegar and seasonings... makes me hungry! I gotta get over there this week.

Solid Lifters

Enlightened
olaLRsM.jpg

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
A guy I know made this pizza the other day. Not much on it but it was good. I got him the dough from our local pizza place
so all he had to do was add the ingredients. Cheese and pepperoni and tomatoes. That's all there was I think plus some parmesan
if I'm not mistaken. Again, it was great on taste.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
been a long time since i logged in here. spied this thread few times incognito tho. :)

good to see that butter is better-thread is going on strong here. scrolled few pages backwards and now i need to get something to eat.. sandwich. filling it up with cold fried chicken breast. this will have the finnish dark rye bread and butter. i will eat this one while the other one gets done.

other one will be out of ciabatta style italian bread. with butter. will warm the frying pan to heat up the chicken breast and get the slice of swiss cheese to melt on it. then i will warm the bread halves on the pan too (this time more hamburger like, not browned toast like). then i will butter the bread (likely will melt and soak in it just like in toast), add some ketchup and cucumber mayo, and the tomato slices, and the chicken fillet with the cheese before closing it with the top lid of bread.

ps. we finally got burger king in my home town few months ago. been enjoying their double steakhouses few times already.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time bro :)

Hey, when you go to BUrger King, make sure you tell them you want your burger FRESHLY cooked because like most places, they pre cook everything
which means they sit there and get dry.

On another note, I just saw that Wendy's is doing some kind of fondue sauce on their burgers and french fries.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yeah burgerking, i do ask them to make it new. (remember someone mentioning that before, and i bet it was you g.) although.. they likely do make them when you order it. there are not that many people in lines here so it dont make sense to pre make them as it might not be sold to anyone. they cant afford the waste. cuts into their profits. and often, to make sure of that i get a fresh burger (anywhere really) i also often ask without fried onions or without pickles or something similar little tweak so i know it will be made specifically to me. hahahah.

but have to say.. it seemed a bit more smaller or manageable in size here than my memory served i got in usa 10 years ago or so.. its more compact sized and not overflowing out of my hands. (and my hands ahvent grown any length since then.. maybe gotten more chubbier tho :) )

and the smaller size of the burger.. that definately is smaller now. i remember buying two of the small/kids burgers and getting more to eat than ordering a normal size one. now they seemed just half of big one. it used to be a good way to get more to eat for same money.

-----
today: tagliatelle + mushroom cream sauce with fried bacon bits and last fried chickenfile ripped into the sauce.

breadwise, nothin interestin: ryebread and butter (this time i put it into toaster to make it crispy) balkan style meatwurst. (little paler in color, less dense and maybe a bit more greasy than regular mettwursts).
-----

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind that they can often make the patties (the meat) flatter and bigger in diameter. This serves two purposes. It will look bigger and it cooks faster. If you go to places where they
make the patties by hand like some family restaurants here in the US, they are thicker and not very uniform in design.

I myself find that it is easy to FRY things if they are thinner. Anyway, they could have changed the shape from a thicker patty to a slimmer one and still keeping the same amount/weight.
Who knows.

The bottom line is that I have gotten better food at burger king in europe than here in the US and that's a damn disgrace I think. The best one was in Spain. There was this thick that knew how I
wanted it and she made me the best damn double whopper I've ever had. I've also eaten in England and Sweden and possibly in other countries, don't remember but they all had one thing in common,
they WILL make them the way you want them and they will taste better for some reason.

Yeah, it probably was me that said something about the meat being pre cooked. That's how they get them out so fast. BUrger king is fast but Wendy's BEFORE they got their new grills
took as long as 10-15 mins for a new burger and most people will NOT wait that long.

The problem with people is that to eat the cake and still have it which is not possible so fast food places have to do this and most of the people out there
wont' notice the difference anyway and they dont' care.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Burga Kang's actual burgers are just alright; a bit artificial tasting, no real quality components, but it's a no-complaints junk food burger. Haven't been there in many months as In N Out/Five Guys/Habit/Red Robin are just as available and vastly preferable..

I am in fact typing this from the In N Out drive-thru. It's Friday night, so I have the time..

ywvxs9w.jpg