Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
+

2025 Ford Explorer can be had w/ a 3L ecoboost V6 that has 400hp & 415 torque
815 combined is a strong number

breath easy non EV folks

View attachment 57037
Breath easy?? More like choke on the fumes!
Ford has more recalls than KIA/Hyundai combined at this point. How bad has it gotten?.... Their latest one was for glue, that couldn't hold large pieces of trim in place. Driving behind a Ford on the expressway doing 60mph., having a chunk of trim come flying into your windshield. You might be the one, Found on road dead.

Breath easy?? More like choke on the fumes!
Ford has more recalls than KIA/Hyundai combined at this point. How bad has it gotten?.... Their latest one was for glue, that couldn't hold large pieces of trim in place. Driving behind a Ford on the expressway doing 60mph., having a chunk of trim come flying into your windshield. You might be the one, Found on road dead.
OK, but let's be honest. Who among us has had any success holding large pieces of trim in place?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
True, but if my hands are covered in glue; I expect it to stay on there. 😉

Is "duck" tape Pacific N.W. item? I've never heard of it before.
Honestly, I don't know. When we lived in Okinawa, we called it Typhoon tape because we used it to seal the windows and doors from water intrusion during typhoons.

Duct tape
Duct tape is cloth- or scrim-backed pressure-sensitive tape, often coated with polyethylene. There are a variety of constructions using different backings and adhesives, and the term 'duct tape' has been genericized to refer to different cloth tapes with differing purposes.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Is "duck" tape Pacific N.W. item? I've never heard of it before.

A real thing. Not a solely-PNW thing, no.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking this has not been posted here before. Thinking it was on diysolarforums (plenty of hard-bit realists there). Most of the discussion looks at the challenges of electric vehicles at this time. This guy takes a while but he has a lot to say.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Duct tape used to be a thing. It was usually a nylon coated super sticky silver tape used to seals ducts......it usually began to fray after about a year. When my dad had central air put in his house in the 80's they used silver foil duct tape around the joints. It still looks like new.

At one point it caught on that kite string and duct tape could solve a lot of problems. Zip ties after that.

IMG_3388.jpeg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

RAM trucks are dropping the Hemi V8 & are going with a 3L twin turbocharged straight 6.
The top of the line version has 540 hp 521 lb-ft of torque, taking a page out of BMW in engines

~I'v always liked straight 6 s'

1708610415371.jpeg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ford 300ci straight six was a great motor. I had one in a '68 Bronco. Long stroke motor, loved the low end torque.
Bet that new Dodge will be a pricey truck