Cheaperthandirt price gouging in the midst of new gun laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true. If people have to decide between food and ammo, most will choose food.

Yes and no. Living as I do in a rural area I know many people, myself included who use ammo, either occasionally or regularly to put food on the table.
This reality doesn't always immediately come to mind to those who live in places like NYC.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Yes and no. Living as I do in a rural area I know many people, myself included who use ammo, either occasionally or regularly to put food on the table.
This reality doesn't always immediately come to mind to those who live in places like NYC.
I don't know about that. We do have some pretty big rats here you know which might make for good eating. ;) Maybe NYC should give rat hunting licenses and permission to use firearms to those who have them. This could clean up the vermin problem pretty quickly.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about that. We do have some pretty big rats here you know which might make for good eating. ;) Maybe NYC should give rat hunting licenses and permission to use firearms to those who have them. This could clean up the vermin problem pretty quickly.

Ha ha, that's a good idea jtr. Actually, I grew up in NYC, probably within a mile or so of where you live. I used to see enormous rats in the subway all the time on my way to Manhattan on the E and F trains from the 179th Street Station. The biggest one I ever saw was at night walking by the Trinity Church Cemetery at Wall Street & Broadway (where Alexander Hamilton is buried) as it ran into a hole at the base of an ancient looking gravestone. It was bigger than a cat, about the size of a large raccoon and just as fat.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
That's all good and well if you live in a place where you're actually allowed to own firearms. I would have loved to have stocked up on guns and ammo when the prices where low, but my local laws forbid it. I can only hope eventually we'll see a Supreme Court case where the constitutionality of things such as bans on large capacity magazines and very restrictive local laws against firearm ownership is decided once and for all.

I wouldn't hold my breath. People said the same thing when the National Firearms Act of 1934 did the following:

- Banned felons, who could previously own guns once 'off paper' from posessing them, restricting their access to weapons for self defense for life
- Created a national registry of fully automatic weapons, rifles with barrels shorter than 16", shotguns with barrels shorter than 18", and other fun stuff like suppressors
- Created the Federal Firearm License system

These were shocking at the time, when people could literally mail order a machinegun to their door step, but after being challenged in court and upheld people went about their business and stopped worrying about it. The Supreme Court decided that, because machineguns and suppressors benefit criminals more than honest people, they could be legally regulated and banned. By the same logic, they could ban ARs and AKs tomorrow if they had the votes in Congress and the Senate.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
So people who are not afraid to break a law that requires you not to murder people will be stopped cold by a law that says they have to buy a gun legally, etc.

I think its analogous to the one where the town was having their children killed by reckless teenagers driving at 100 mph through the posted 25 mph town, so they lowered the speed limit from 25 to 20 to stop them.

:D

The Supreme Court decided that, because machineguns and suppressors benefit criminals more than honest people, they could be legally regulated and banned. By the same logic, they could ban ARs and AKs tomorrow if they had the votes in Congress and the Senate.

By the same logic? Law-abiding AR & AK owners outnumber criminal "owners" by 9,000 to 1.*

* Just a wild guess, but you get the point.....right?

~ Chance

Empath

Flashaholic
It wasn't difficult to see the direction the thread will go.

I've two pieces of advice.

1) When you have a jeer against a dealer, try the Jeers forum in the MarketPlace.

2) When you feel like turning a thread into a thread of political controversy, try the Underground.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.