Christmas Gifts II

Topper

Flashaholic*
Keith, do you need a shipping fund? I would help abit I bet other folks would as well. Let us know
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wanderingpilgrim

Newly Enlightened
I am a long time lurker, and probably even qualify, but would prefer to see the lights go to someone who is more active in the community than I am. And more in need. That being said. I love this forum for the sense of community that it represents. The people here seem to truly be everything that is good about the internet. The annonymity provided by the internet allows so many people to act in a matter that would not otherwise be socially acceptable. It is heartwarming to see such a large group of people who have carved out thier own little square of cyberspace. That is one of the reasons I love coming here. This site is a rarity, and I would just like to thank everyone, especially Keith for helping to create a wonderful place.

03lab

Enlightened
wanderingpilgrim, great first post! I couldn't have said it better. Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I don't quality because I had my 6d mag modified into a QUAD by Wayne. But I hope it goes well for the others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
WanderingPilgrim, Stop wandering and stay a while. The first post is always the hardest. Any way, welcome to the group that shares and understands your interest in lights.

Yes, we do have a have great bunch here. Some how I feel we are in our own way making the world brighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Re: Christmas Gifts II - Winners!

<font color="orange"> EDIT - I moved the list to the first post to make it easier for people to find. The first post is the one I will edit to show what has been choosen.</font>

Well, I just got home from work, so let's go!

<font color="green"> First, here's the list of lights I will be giving away- </font>

1. Surefire L7 – I bought this light as soon as it came out. I should have waited. I'd hoped it would have a L6 reflector, but it uses the L5 reflector. I already carry an L5 w/Pila, so I didn't need another rechargeable L5. It does have a nice white beam; I like the tint better than my L5. 2 Batteries and charger included.

2. MR Bulk VIP – I traded an L5 for this, just so I could put it in the Christmas box. Great light, as you all know.

3. DSpeck Firefly – Original Firefly, w/BB400QIII and NX-05. I really like this light. I have 4 of these, 2 Firefly's, 1 Fire~Fly, and 1 Brass Fire~Fly, but I'm only giving away one.

4. Orb CPF Special #86 – I bought this mainly to check out the switch. It has a nice white tint, w/green tritium. Of the numbers left to choose from when I ordered, 86 was the only one I could think of with any meaning to me. Remember Maxwell Smart?

5. d'mo Brass Peak AAA – Great little light, modded with a 1-watt LS. Nice white tint.

6. Longbow Micra – Black body, with clicky, Ti clip, lanyard, and holster. Nice white tint. Someone wanted to order one for me to forward but changed their mind. I occasionally place the order before they send money if it's a light I want to check out anyway.

7. MR Bulk Super Baby Pin – Very Bright! Nice white tint.

8. Brinkmann Legend w/BB400LIII – Nice white tint. Black body, w/holster.

9. Nuwai Q-III – Good little light. Nice white tint with lots of side-spill.

10. MR Bulk Super LGI – One of my all time favorite lights. I've given several of these away to relatives. This is my last one; progress has passed it by. Nice white tint.

11. Tektite Expedition Star – Has a white tint, but it goes through 2 plastic lenses, so it loses a lot of light. Orange body.

12. Haveblue Bowling Pin – Very bright light! BB400LIII w/Fraen. Nice white tint.

13. Rogesoul II – This one has excellent throw with some side-spill. LuxIII DD. Nice white tint.

14. Surefire 6P-GM – It was on sale some where, so I bought it just to add to the Christmas box.

15. NiteStar 3-watt – Very bright, but with a green tint. With holster and lanyard.

16. Inova X5T-HA – I like the look and feel of these. I have one as a keeper and bought an extra just to put in the Christmas box.

17. Electro Lumens Anglelux – 1-watt w/Fraen. Nice white tint. I have one of these in my earthquake/hurricane/blizzard kit (depending on where I live). OD Green body.

18. Electro Lumens XM-2 – Nice white tint. With holster.

19. Streamlight Argo – Brand new, replacement (by Streamlight) for the one I ran over 5 times. It's a nice light, but didn't work out the way I needed it to. Click here to see what one looked like after I ran it over. I felt better afterwards.

20. Pelican Saberlite 2020 Recoil – Nice white spotlight beam. I bought it to check out the recoil technology. I'd keep this light if it had a clicky. Yellow body.

21. Inova 24/7 – I bought this cheaply from a close-out sale just to add to the Christmas box. I have a couple of these; I like to use them as walking lights. The razzle-dazzle mode is good to alert drivers of your presence. Yellow body.

22. Streamlight Jr. Luxeon – nice light, slight greenish tint. With cheapie holster.

23. Streamlight Twin-Task 3C – Seemed like a good price, so I bought this just to add to the Christmas box.

24. Brinkmann Maxfire – Donated by Braddah_Bill. 2x123 Xenon. New.

25. Brinkmann LX – Bought it just to add to the Christmas box. 2x123 Xenon. Added a Borofloat lens.

26. Underwater Kinetics 4AA 3Led – Bought it just to see what all the hype was about. I don't think it's very bright for its size. Does have a white beam that looks good when used close up. Black body.

27. Princeton Tech Impact XL – White beam with lots of artifacts. It was on sale, so I bought it just for the Christmas box. Black body.

28. CMG Infinity Ultra G – Bought it just to add to the Christmas box.

29. CMG Infinity – Original Infinity, not really bright, but long lasting. Good for camping. Comes in a gift tin.

30. Blue Photon 1 - Donated by KevinL.

<font color="green"> And here's the list of winners in the order that they get to choose their Christmas gift from me - </font>

1. Vtunderground
2. phoneguy
3. PocketBeam
4. Mags_suk
5. Wits' End
6. BlindedByTheLite
7. junior
8. greenlight
9. Kryosphinx
10. BayMoe
11. Neg2LED
12. Former_Mag_User
13. GarageBoy
14. rinali
15. greenLED
16. KLM
17. notrefined
18. cornkid
19. Robban
20. thesurefire

Vtunderground picks which light he wants and posts his choice. phoneguy then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but I sleep days, so don't wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. If it's been your turn for a couple days and you haven't chose yet, I will send you an e-mail and/or a PM. If I still haven't heard from you, you will be skipped over.

After you've chosen a light, send me an e-mail with your address and I'll mail your light to you. Don't worry about the postage; this is a gift, I'll cover it.

<font color="red"> Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate. </font>

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be some lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are absolutely no words I have to pay tribute to your generosity. I was wondering what the gift list was going to be, and I had a feeling they were going to be good lights, but here you are giving away some of the finest lights I've ever seen - item 1 made my jaw hit the keyboard, to give away a Surefire L7?!?!?!

You sir, are extraordinary. I believe many words of thanks will be said about you this Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

(and I'm not even on the gift list.. but I am still amazed that someone would do something on this scale..)

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exactly what KevinL said in his post... I'm speechless!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif You are definitely THE man Keith!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Congrats and Merry Christmas to all you winners! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Aren't you all the lucky ones... makes me wish I don't have my McLux so I can qualify... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LightHearted

Enlightened

Wow! What a great bunch of lights. Thanks for your generosity. I'm just gald to have made the list. Come on guys, hurry up and make your choices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

03lab

Enlightened

Wow, just WOW !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

gorlank

Enlightened

Ksbman,

I have to say that you are without a doubt, one of the finest gentlemen that walks the earth. I salute you sir for your kindness and generosity. Congrats to all the lucky winners. If there was a flashaholic of the year award, it should go to ksbman.

Wisti

Newly Enlightened

Santa Keith , this is impressive .

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

My god Keith!

I know this is a common theme, but my eyes became big as saucers and my mouth hung slackly open, I even think a little drool escaped when I read your post. You rock! Between the international forwarding and this incredibly generous act, your service to CPF is past outstanding, it's just amazing!

Thank you for doing this for CPF!
daloosh

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am in shock. I only expect a few lights. And I expected the lights would be OK to so-so. This is a huge list and some of these lights are very expensive. Some of these lights are so far out of my price range I never even dreamed about owning one.

This is truly amazing. Is my math wrong, doesn't this add up to over a thousand dollars worth?!?

This is beyond generous. All I can say is SUPER THANKS. WOW!

Real men don't cry but this almost brought tears to my eyes.