Christmas Gifts XII - All Gone

xzel87

Enlightened
Re: Christmas Gifts XII

Well, maybe not. I sent it priority mail international, customs form LC064753595US. I checked tracking for the first time tonight, and it is showing tracking as unavailable for the shipment. This despite the fact that tracking is supposed to be automatically included for all priority mail shipments...that is why I sent it that way, despite the greater expense. Furthermore, and this is the bad part...it shows it as headed for Lithuania, in Eastern Europe :fail:. No idea on that score, I'm looking at the customs form and there is no way I can see to interpret ANY part of it as related to Lithuania :wtf:. We'll see...maybe the tracking simply hasn't been updated, and it is showing info for an old shipment. Not looking good, though. If I get a chance, I'll head to the post office and see what they can tell me, but since I'm working 12-13 hours every day until Christmas, not sure when I'll be able.

Wow Lithuania?, is it possible it's part of the route to South East Asia?

It's okay doc, no need to rush, early or late doesn't matter as long as it arrives haha..and why are you working such long hours in the holiday season?:faint:

xzel87

Enlightened

Hey there doc, good news!, I did some research online and apparently it's a bug with USPS tracking system. You can track the package at the destination country's carrier once it leaves the country of origin (in this case it's Pos Malaysia - Pos Laju).

Carrier Tracking Page - http://www.pos.com.my/pos/appl/service/sub_poslaju.asp

I tracked the package and the current status is "Send to Malaysia", so no worries doc package is definitely on the way :twothumbs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1yd87aikcp06xt/Screenshot 2014-12-18 15.57.04.png?dl=0

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey there doc, good news!, I did some research online and apparently it's a bug with USPS tracking system. You can track the package at the destination country's carrier once it leaves the country of origin (in this case it's Pos Malaysia - Pos Laju).

Good, they had me a little worried. USPS is generally pretty reliable, but their tracking leaves a lot to be desired at the best of times. Glad to know everything is on schedule.

ksbman

Flashaholic*

It looks like we're heading back down the list again, which means Telly gets two picks and the it is Romanko's turn again.

gsr

Enlightened

Does this mean I should send Telly two pairs of P60s?

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Does this mean I should send Telly two pairs of P60s?

Only if she wanted 4, but,
I don't think I'll use 4 pieces of P60s............... unless nobody else can use them

We won't know if anyone else wants some until we go through the list again.

For those who don't, posting a pass here would be helpful.

PaulSR is up.

Last edited:

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened

:thanks:

Keith, Got my Fury today! Thanks for the batteries too! I thought the Fury only took 123A's . I thought you had to bore out the tube for the 18650's to fit. Again, thank you this was awesome.

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

If the p60s make it to me I was thinking that putting together a flashlight with my new 9 yo grandson would be fun. What other additional parts are needed and what is involved in putting it together (just assembling, soldering, etc.)? I don't have any experience with this and it's been a long time since I soldered something. My wife also would like to know which cells the flashlight would take since he's not old enough to handle Li-Ion cells yet.

radiopej

Enlightened

ACruceSalus, from the links it seems like they're normal incan dropins. So you can just get a host ($10 from Solarforce) which is the head, the battery tube and the tail. Then you just add 2x CR123 batteries. No soldering required. The fun of P60 style hosts is you can pick the head you want, the bezel you want, the body you want and the tail cap you want. All of it customisable and it just screws on together :)

radiopej

Enlightened

I think the incandescent dropins are beautiful, but for run time and max brightness I use LEDs in everything. Sometimes I put my incan back in for good ol' timey goodness and it makes me smile :)

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

ACruceSalus, from the links it seems like they're normal incan dropins. So you can just get a host ($10 from Solarforce) which is the head, the battery tube and the tail. Then you just add 2x CR123 batteries. No soldering required. The fun of P60 style hosts is you can pick the head you want, the bezel you want, the body you want and the tail cap you want. All of it customisable and it just screws on together :)

No soldering is good. CR123 cells not good for this 9 yo. Is there any other choices on the tube to get AA/AAA?

xzel87

Enlightened

I'm not sure how they will work with incandescent but solarforce do sell hosts for 2xaa configuration. Look up L2r hosts. It'd good because it can also be used with 18650 and cr123s

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

Thanks xzel87 and radiopej. I'll have to look into that more. So it looks like carling is up.