What’s your all time favorite flashlight?

Lumen83

Enlightened
Can't help but think that the Kroma, both variations, were just too ahead of their time. Would love a modern-day version with considerably more powerful main LED.
I would love that. As long as it looks exactly the same. One of my favorite things about it is how cool and unique it looks. I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Learning how incredibly useful it is came secondary. I've had one modded with a brighter LED and its great. But my old 50 lumen Kroma is still my go-to nightstand light.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
One of my favorites is a 4Sevens Quark 123 with a warm white LED.
I've had it for quite a while and certainly have plenty of newer and brighter lights...but I still like that warm light, small footprint, and light weight of that Quark.

mickb

Enlightened
I have 3. Armytek predator, the 560 lumens version with Xp-g2 and gets 30,000+ CD. Simplest and most useful light I have ever seen for duty use all night.

Hl23 headlamp, still never rivalled for balance of power and capacity and lightweight. The HM23 was a bungled replacement. Increased power whilst decreasing CD, garbage step downs , gets too hot.s No other AA contenders come close, in fact there are no other similar AA style lights at all lol.The Hl23 headlamp was discontinued by Fenix because either fenix actively hates their customers, or their marketing division is run by blind people throwing darts at pie charts, or it was too boring for teens and middle aged men playing disco function battles in their backyard.

E01, 13 lumen keychain light, "the light that never runs out of power". This was replaced by the V.20 with 100 lumens for no usefu;l reason, becoming "the keychain light that runs out of power way more often"

What's my all-time favorite flashlight?

The next one I purchase. 😄

Joking aside, that's like asking me which of our children is my favorite. Flashlights, like children, have different qualities. Some are endearing. Some, not so much.

Nevertheless, if forced to make a Sophie's Choice, it's going to be this BOSS 70.

IMG_4050.JPG

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
Mine was the prometheus delta raw Ti 519c, until the tow company stole that and my large inlay sebenza.

Now it's a noctigon.
20220924_110012.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
What's my all-time favorite flashlight?

The next one I purchase. 😄

Joking aside, that's like asking me which of our children is my favorite. Flashlights, like children, have different qualities. Some are endearing. Some, not so much.

Nevertheless, if forced to make a Sophie's Choice, it's going to be this BOSS 70.

View attachment 33071
Incredible film that most Millennials have never seen, and don't get the reference.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
My daily carry is my MagTac. It's tough and I use rechargeable CR123a's in it.
Curious, what sort of rechargeables? Are they LifePo4 or Li-ion? Also is this the regular MagTac or the factory rechargeable one? Thanks.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Clicky S/N 14364. It's a 100 High CRI with an SSC P4. I picked this one up second hand at the end of 2012. Doesn't really leave the house too much anymore, but it goes in my pocket every night when I get home. If it's ever for sale, it means I'm done.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Maglite 3 C cell. Back in my LE career it was bright enough (think 1990s), easy to carry and made an efficient impact tool in an emergency (again, this was the 90s when nightsticks were wood and flashlights were metal). Fast forward to about 3 years ago when I bought one of these with the high lumen LED. I was in love all over again!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maglite 3 C cell. Back in my LE career it was bright enough (think 1990s), easy to carry and made an efficient impact tool in an emergency (again, this was the 90s when nightsticks were wood and flashlights were metal). Fast forward to about 3 years ago when I bought one of these with the high lumen LED. I was in love all over again!
685B8765-EF9F-4B9C-A049-A5D0DFE7A855.jpeg

Three amigos
MagTac2, ML50LX (2 cell) ML50LX (3 cell)

The OP's question is akin to asking which is your favorite child. THIS IS NOT A FAIR QUESTION! (All of you understand why, so no explanation is needed from me).

That noted, the two lights I carry the most are:
1) a FourSevens Raw Copper Mini MK II (neutral white emitter), and
2) a SkyLumen modded EagTac D25C clicky, with neutral white fiat lux emitter and upgraded circuit.

If all of my other lights were swept away in a Midwest summer tornado, I'd still be OK if these two were still in my pocket (assuming of course I survived the tornado).

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a long time it was my HDS F89HG. But now it's the HDS Rotary sw35. Only 180 lumens, but they are oh so sweet.

EDIT: Just realized I posted this twice. Guess I'm infatuated.

Last edited:

thebarefooter

Newly Enlightened
I love the kroma. Great story on that light is my good friend had a white Chevy Tahoe in college. At night he was twisting the mode selector with the light on pointed out the windshield and pulled his dad over :).

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
The md3 is an omnivore of batteries. You can use two 18500's or 17500's, 18650 or 16650 with a dummy, three cr123's or less with dummies, 1-3 18350's or 16340's with spacers, or even two aa or aaa. There's enough drop in options to meet practically any need.

It's an amazingly versatile light and that's why it's my favorite, and would be the pick if I could have just one.
Hi, can you tell me which diameter dummies to go with for the MD3 body? I think I messed up on an order from Oveready, I ordered 16mm but I think I should have gotten 18mm. And I have no idea which diameter the MD21700 would be, but I'm assuming they just don't make that size.