• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Closed* Programmable Incandescent Regulator 1 sales thread

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
winny said:
. . .
Now, about the regulators. We did a round of troubleshooting with the ones sent to us but we decided to make new ones (PIR 1.1) instead and replace them.

As it looks now, the differences between PIR 1.0 and 1.1 is the following:

+better regulation
+bigger voltage range
+smaller
+more stable
+easier programming
-no one-button-programming (order them programmed or get a programmer)
-slightly less efficient

Hi Winny

Does this refer to mine ? I guess it does !

Like most changes

but

Love my M6-1.0 for being able to program in the field for a different LA if needed - even more needed in a Mag host where umpteen variables can occur - so if there was any chance of still having 1-button prog. as an option that would be great ! ! !

Send me your PP.Address so I can pay you for the IRC35s

Cheers Pete

Last edited:

cnjl3

Enlightened
I also agree with "Pete" -- If there is anyway that you can leave the one button programming please make it happen. It gives a user so many options that are not available in the field with other regulators. I would hope that you reconsider this "feature". After your PIR is "fine tuned" the one button programming is "easy" and i cant imagine having to do without it. My vote is to leave in the LEDs if you can.
Sounds like you had a really good time in Germany!

CYL

Carlos
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

ktronik

Enlightened
the one button programing is one of the big reasons I bought your product...

As no other product comes close...

If I have to go back to my computer to change the setting, I might as well just flash a pic myself...AKA lightbrain DIY style... much cheaper...as I can change all the setting in text...

Yes yours is way better, I know, don't get me wrong...but the DIY light brain is very cheap to make...BUT thier is no way I could make one like the PIR 1...So I buy...

Point been, I bought it as it could be used for many different app's...

At least leave the 3 level adj & batt cutoff adj...

enjoy

Ktronik

This is MHO

elnino

Enlightened
Winny, I too would like the one-button-programming feature to be included in the new PIR 1.1, if possible.

flex76italy

Enlightened
Yes Andreas, i agree with Elnino and the other members, the button programming is an indispensable feature.

elnino

Enlightened
Winny, have you started making the new PIR 1.1's yet? An update would be nice. Thanks.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet. I hope we will find some time next week to layout the PCB design and send it off for production.

Too much work at the moment to cope...

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob:

Just subscribing to this thread. I've recently caught the hotwire bug. I'll be in for at least one of these PIR1.1s a KIU... Then, perhaps I can move on to stuff a 6D with 18650s and try an IRC bulb.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread no longer serves its purpose. If anyone needs support, PM or e-mail me. When PIR 1.1 or 2.0 becomes available, I'll let you know.

/Andreas

Admins: please close this thread and preferably let this post be the last one.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Winny,

I just subscribed to this thread (still have to read through most of it to get up to speed).

When another batch is ready, can you mention it here so I know when to look for a new thread? That would be much appreciated.

phips

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to disappoint you winny, but the last post (maybe) will be a from happy costumer of yours ;)

A few years back I bought a Mag3D-12AA, several 64610 bulbs, a KIU socket and your Programmable Incandescent Regulator.
When I had all the parts I saw that the PIR was way too big for the KIU, the holes for the screws were missing and the wiring throught the magswitch seemed really complex.
My thoughts at that time: "Damn these people, I'll never get this working".
It has been sitting on a shelf ever since, waiting to replace my trusty Mag85 which instaflashed its last bulb when I turned it on last week. :poof:
"If I that damn thing just had a regulator..."

Today I thought I give those dorment parts my best shot at assembling them, since no harm would be done if I screwed it up after all.
It took about me 4-5 hours of dremeling (I should have the expirience of dentist by now) and soldering.
The final result did not even look half bad but all this fiddeling instilled some real doubt in me.
First feeling of success: When I put in the batteries I could access the menu. :thumbsup:
After stumbling through the menu-maze I put in a 64610 ...aaaand NOTHING.
I was absolutly sure this was a hardware error, since I had drilled the holes in the pcb and everything.
Going through the manual again I found out that I set the voltage to 2,4V instead of 14,0V. :whistle:

And after a rampup of 0,5s there was pure white light :party:

I am just really happy right now that this 'endeavor' has really paid off! :wave:

(Sorry at all if bringing up this old post is undesired!)

phips

Newly Enlightened
:poof:

Oh no... I tried to lower the KIU socket because the light would be in focus when the the o-ring did not yet make contact.

Took the quick route and just stuffed the wires down...
When I put the batteries in and screwed the cap on something shorted.

I disassembled everything but could not find the error.
Now it doesn't short any more but it won't work either :shakehead:

Life sucks :mecry: