• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Closed* Programmable Incandescent Regulator 1 sales thread

pertinax

Enlightened
Mine worked great-- until I'd blown all three of them. Don't know what I did wrong in any of the three cases.

: (

Dynamite idea; fabulous when it worked.

I shared your elation and disappointment.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of these for a while. Setting the voltage was really hit or miss. You had 2 calibration factors to mess with. So instead of messing with that. I would have to set a voltage and see what actually came out, then fiddle some more.
I think his biggest problem was that he was running it at 38 kHz. So much switching noise and heat.
At the time, it was the best regulator available. Lux Luthour now owns mine.
How does life suck? There are 3 new PWM regulators either out now or soon to be.
Mine is out now (See my sig) and is only 40 bucks. Alans will be out very shortly, and wquilles has his regulated battery packs in the works for the Surefire. Life is GOOD.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
At the time, it was the best regulator available. Lux Luthour now owns mine.

It occupies a special & valued museum location in my humble abode.

How does life suck? There are 3 new PWM regulators either out now or soon to be.
Mine is out now (See my sig) and is only 40 bucks. Alans will be out very shortly, and wquilles has his regulated battery packs in the works for the Surefire. Life is GOOD.

Indeed. Life is VERY GOOD!!!

There is not yet adequate awareness of what has been missing for a very long time.

phips

Newly Enlightened

Life sucks (for me) when you make a small adjustment in the end that ruins the whole thing, which in this case was a lot of work for me.

But you are right: Not everything is lost. :thumbsup:
There are good alternatives and yours looks like a simple/cheap/practical solution.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is not yet adequate awareness of what has been missing for a very long time.
A lot of "new" hotwire fans aren't even aware that the PIR used to exist and what it was capable of. It was the forst of its kind. Thankfully, not the last.