Cloud bounce beamshots!!

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one of the neatest beamshots I've ever seen!!! :eek:oo:

Ham operators on the 2 meter band do Moon bounce. I'll Really be impressed when one of you guys do that to the moon (the dark side) with a light.
BVH should have tried that before he sold off his really "Big Gun". :twothumbs

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully BVH will show up and make some contributions to this thread. The Carbon Arc might be incapable of cloud bounces because it probably caused whatever it was pointed at to disintegrate or start on fire!

BVH

Flashaholic
I "mooned" quite a few clouds in my 60" days! Literally, the ultra-round and sharply defined spot looked like the moon when shone on clouds. Including the color. Even though the color temp of the arc was somewhere around 5500 to 6000, the spot was a very yellow/white and actually looked like the moon. Should have snapped some shots but didn't.

Is the tower in the shot painted/colored blue? The beam color looks right for the LarryK14 but its color on the tower itself looks way blue? I've never seen my beam from a distance. I'm surprised how focused it looks given it massive wall of floody light when standing behind it.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whow... Those are some super nice pictures EZ !!!
Indeed desktop material !!

Regards,

Ra.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yes, it's a blue painted pylon. Here is a photo of a same type power pylon. They are pretty tall too.

http://www.surgeon.fi/images/rajasaari_1.JPG

Clouds were very low when I took those shots. Maybe 100-200 meters.

Wow, those are some really low lying clouds. I don't even think clouds in my area get that low. It would be really neat to get some shots off the california coastline, where clouds can get really low in the winter months within ~50 meters some times.

ScottFHall

Newly Enlightened
Kramer5150 and Everyone: A new cold front rolled in tonight with potential to make snowflakes fall tomorrow--yes--central Florida! The clouds are heavy and low so I took the Sunforce 25,000,000 candlepower HID spotlight out. I have four ASA 1600 1/2 second 12 megapixel digital exposures here: three of them show the top of my eucalyptus tree casting a shadow right onto the cloud and the fourth is a shot of the beam just shredding the heck out of water vapor directly overhead.

Floating H20, go ahead: make my day!

sfhbounce1.jpg

sfhbounce2.jpg

sfhbounce3.jpg

sfhbounce4.jpg

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice beam and shadow on the cloud, ScottFHall. Would you mind taking another pic at ISO100 for low noise?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ez78
that is my desktop now

you know your a flashaholic when - you have a desktop on your computer, of a beamshot from someone on the otherside of the world

ez78

Enlightened
ScottFHall, nice beams.:thumbsup: Maybe a bit more exposure time would have revealed the water vapor shredding action even better.