Cloud bounce beamshots!!

BVH

Flashaholic
EZ, have you ever checked running Voltage on your freshly charged pack? Is your 30V falling to 28V or less or is your pack higher to start with? I've hooked mine to my variable power supply and it will easily handle 30 Volts loaded. Makes quite a difference in brightness.

ez78

Enlightened
EZ, have you ever checked running Voltage on your freshly charged pack? Is your 30V falling to 28V or less or is your pack higher to start with? I've hooked mine to my variable power supply and it will easily handle 30 Volts loaded. Makes quite a difference in brightness.

Well this one is easy to answer since I have a volt meter on the spotlight. It constantly shows the voltage of the battery pack. Right after charging the voltage peaks around 33 volts. Then when I switch it on the voltage drops to 29 volts and stays there for about 5 minutes and starts to slowly go down. I have a feeling it stays above 28 volts for about 10 minutes, although a have not timed it exactly.

It has already been over two years since I built my version of the LK14, here is an old picture of it showing also the volt meter:

http://img117.imageshack.us/i/img1262pf7.jpg/

It is still doing strong and I have couple of spare lamps waiting. Great fun!

BVH

Flashaholic
10 minutes sounds about right. My internal 4.5 AM Sub-C pack gives about 5 minutes of nice bright light and maybe 2 more of dimmer performance. IIRC, it gave about 1 minute of runtime between 30V and 31V.

ez78

Enlightened
I found some more Larryk14 cloud bounces from my archives.

IMG_6818b.jpg

IMG_6810b.jpg

Jarski

Newly Enlightened
Very nice!

But is this thread only for HIDs? Because I got some nice cloud bounce (or more like fog) pics with LD20 and ROP

ez78

Enlightened
Very nice!

But is this thread only for HIDs? Because I got some nice cloud bounce (or more like fog) pics with LD20 and ROP

Hey, let's see them.:popcorn: I think anykind of bounces are welcome. The Larryk14 in my shots is a 600W halogen spot actually.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my contribution. I can sort of say I am in the clouds, as that was a massively foggy night a number years ago in the armpit of Texas. It was with a Thor 10X.

331654989_l.jpg

The grid is on it as I threw the image through a free noise reduction program, and without paying for the program, you got the grid on it.

-Cameron

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I asked a good friend who is a photography extraordinaire to clean this image up the best he could (getting rid of the noise), so it would look the best it could on my desktop.

Here is what he surprisingly popped out in the matter of a few minutes:

PylonSmall.jpg

Pretty damn good if I may say so myself.

With ez78 permission of the image being edited and uploaded, I could upload the full size version.

Jarski

Newly Enlightened
I hope that these fall in this category.

Done with Fenix LD20 and hand

IMGP5789pieni.jpg

ROP

heijastus1.jpg

ROP vs LD20

IMGP5763.jpg

IMGP5769.jpg

Of course you can check my other photos too

ez78

Enlightened
Jarski: Cool shots, I like the hand.:) Were you able to project your own hand or did you have an assistant standing at some distance from you? Oh and it's a good thing the world did not come to it's end when you crossed the beams.;)

Jarski

Newly Enlightened
Jarski: Cool shots, I like the hand.:) Were you able to project your own hand or did you have an assistant standing at some distance from you? Oh and it's a good thing the world did not come to it's end when you crossed the beams.;)

I thought that too!

And yes, I was able to project the hand by myself. Right hand with fenix straight back and left hand with that "rabbit" straight front of the fenix. Distance between flashlight and my hand was maximum I could get without sawing my arms off :poke:

:D