Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Friedrich window units are US made. But they are the last still doing it.
The Friedrich are "comercial grade" so they are pricey.
Speed Queen still have US made appliances as well.
Both companies are still family owned.

Corona virus, was apparently not US made.
Thank you sir.
Yes I read about that this morning.
Amana is also a US made and owned brand.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
How can anyone legitimitely question the existence of this pandemic when virtually everyone knows someone who got it, and we have photos of refrigerated trucks acting as makeshift morgues outside of hospitals?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Friedrich window units are US made. But they are the last still doing it.
The Friedrich are "comercial grade" so they are pricey.
Speed Queen still have US made appliances as well.
Both companies are still family owned.

Corona virus, was apparently not US made.
I always wonder what parts are Chinese? I doubt the electronics are from here.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Hope you don't mind, I'm going to try to reply to as many points as I can in one post. Just for the sake of convenience.

I think you're half catching what I am saying or half responding.

Most people recover or are non-transmissable after 14 days, but not all. And I'd say there is a consensus when the journal of the american medical association declares no confirmed cases of reinfection. I assure you that your state's dept of health and the CDC will be keenly interested in your 'reinfected' cases. Do you think you are the only one that's supposedly seeing these and that they have not been investigated. In addition, in the JAMA article I referenced, they specifically mention viral fragments being present and detectable for longer than the 14 days.

You say underlying 'immune' issues. Great, but she could have passed from kidney, liver, heart, etc issues. One case does not make a trend.

If you are just now aware of 3-8 active strains then perhaps you are not as in the loop as you perceive?

I call BS on the 1/3 having kidney issues. In fact, hasn't that been covered in this thread already? Of the 6 close family members I have in medical field, NONE are reporting kidney observations. And that's in 7 hospitals.

There are multiple reasons why anyone can misunderstand what they observe, or come to the wrong conclusion about the cause(s).

Of the 6 family in healthcare, none are reporting reinfection across 7 directly observed hospitals and an untold number of hospitals they deal with. We've got 2 MDs, 3 RNs, and 1 MHS who happens to run a large lab that directly tests for covid antibodies, nasal swabs, and all other manner of blood, specimins, etc testing.

However, that said, if the JAMA confirmed reinfection, in direct opposition to all what I am 'in the loop' on, I would believe them.

turbodog

Flashaholic
How can anyone legitimitely question the existence of this pandemic when virtually everyone knows someone who got it, and we have photos of refrigerated trucks acting as makeshift morgues outside of hospitals?

I shake my head a lot lately...

If you want a better understanding of _why_ people are acting the way they are I recommend a book I'm reading 'the death of expertise'. It sheds light on a lot of things. Might not make you feel better, but can answer some questions for you maybe...

Poppy

Flashaholic
This POST is so rife with misinformation, and or just plain WRONG information, I can't keep myself from commenting.

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to try to reply to as many points as I can in one post. Just for the sake of convenience.

Re-infection ~ This should be much easier to determine. Considering a person is quarantined in a hospital for 14 days and then recovers, safe to say by then the virus has run its course. When that same person comes back again, after those 14 days; that's re-infection. It amazes me that scientists and doctors at this point in time can't come to a consensus. The way things are, I doubt that'll happen until after the virus has completely burned itself out and someone bothers to check what admittance records exist.
They HAVE come to a consensus. Re-infection does not occur.
They don't know how long immunity will last, yet.

The 16 year-old girl ~ They did autopsy the girl's body after her death. That's how they determined she was infected. But they found no underlying immune issues. And, about 100 years ago, the Spanish Flu did the very same thing. After awhile, the young and physically fit got sick and died as well. I hate to think the number of young people who are out there, taking risks, taking chances all because they think they're good. Or, if they get it, no big deal.
It is frightening that the young are not inherently immune.
Strains and Mutations ~ Well, that is depressing to hear that there could be as many as eight different strains. As far as mutation, it sure as heck doesn't appear as though covid-19 is getting weaker. Ironically, a decrease in the number of infected in a major city is due to the fact that large chunks of infected are now deceased. Thus, no longer counted among the living infected.

Studies in NYC have shown that 21-30% of 9,000,000 (~ 2,000,000 ) people have been exposed, and infected to the point that they tested positive for covid-19 antibodies.
In NYC there were about 200,000 confirmed cases, (most of the confirmed cases were of people with a fever and in respiratory distress, or they were not allowed to get tested, due to a shortage of tests) and 16,000 deaths.
The overall death rate is about 0.8%
All other experts state that the decrease in infection rate (and the overall number of deaths) is due to the "stay at home" and social distancing.

Re-opening Businesses ~ Had most folks actually self-quarantined, this wouldn't be an issue now. It's not an easy problem to solve. But this just isn't the time for going back to business as usual. What good is opening up stores if customers get infected, a good chunk of them die. Or, recover but with severe lung issues. And about 1/3 of those who recover now have severe kidney issues to boot. Both of which will last a lifetime. Again, I'm not saying it's easy. But given the options, better to suffer financially for awhile longer than the alternative. Though granted, I'm in the minority on that.

1/3 rd have kidney issues, has been stated in the past, and was proven mathematically wrong.

As stated earlier in this thread, those who have continued to work and collect a regular paycheck, perhaps with overtime, are very quick to say, everyone should stay locked in regardless of the financial impact.

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think I read somewhere this week that there was a day in New York with zero deaths from covid-19, I believe it said one day this week.

Thanks for the article Arch.

Last edited:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I read somewhere this week that there was a day in New York with zero deaths from covid-19, I believe it said one day this week.

Not only this news if true, but what is more important to me would be Zero new infections, even for a day, and that would mean a lot.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I shake my head a lot lately...

If you want a better understanding of _why_ people are acting the way they are I recommend a book I'm reading 'the death of expertise'. It sheds light on a lot of things. Might not make you feel better, but can answer some questions for you maybe...

Does it mention the Dunning-Krueger effect? It seems that the internet has been making this much worse, especially social media.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im just happy no one is having a yuge event with no one wearing a mask! that would be a nightmare

StarHalo

Flashaholic
im just happy no one is having a yuge event with no one wearing a mask! that would be a nightmare

Well there was an event in the dead center of the region where no one wants to wear a mask, and it turns out the idea is not as popular as some would have you believe:

oqNpai6.png

turbodog

Flashaholic

A side effect of all this is that governments, businesses, citizens, etc are moving fast, faster than we normally would. So I do expect some false starts and all.

That said, if I read the article correctly, due to confidentiality concerns, the data source can't be fully verified. So, by definition, the article is withdrawn. It does not automatically make it inaccurate. It's more like when a judge instructs a jury to ignore evidence they have already heard...

ledbetter

Enlightened
Well there was an event in the dead center of the region where no one wants to wear a mask, and it turns out the idea is not as popular as some would have you believe:

oqNpai6.png
Yes, that would have been ideal, a realization of dangerous practices and listening to scientists, but that's not what happened. Many youths online reserved tickets and failed to show, leaving trumpeters with egg on their faces.

turbodog

Flashaholic
There might be a little more to it than that, but I'll leave it there.

I checked the underlying/linked article, the one about the complaint. FYI, WHO is resuming testing hydroxychlorinewhateveritis.

The longer, more detailed article is at:
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/mysterious-company-s-coronavirus-papers-top-medical-journals-may-be-unraveling

After reading it... dunno. Strange evidence both ways... their paper agrees with a VA study. However, they should have controlled for severity of symptoms in the study.

There was a concurrent study in the UK that was halted. Their results so far were no significant effects on covid... no word on mortality consequences.

The drug is on the list of WHO essential drugs and has been around a long time.

The other takeaway I note is the supposed covid helping of ivermectin. If so, that's very good. It's cheap and widespread drug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.