Creation and intelligence: beyond man

StuU

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tygger said:
What better way to ensure the survival of your species than to align yourself and gain favor with the most dominant species on the planet? After all, most dogs in todays world do NOT even work. Yet they quickly gain a sacred place in the hearts of their owners and become as loved as children. I suppose their "job," is to respond to our behavior in order to be taken care of and loved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogs are superior to humans in a number of ways- hearing, smell, speed, natural weapons, traction, balance, placement of vital organs to be protected from attack, all-weather coat, and often superior fighting instincts etc. We have bigger brains(a biggie) and opposable thumbs.

Some dogs, of course, function as only as companions but other dogs provide services from watch/guard dog, drug & bomb dogs, hospital companions, seeing-eye-dogs, rodent-catching, sheep & cattle herding, goose driving, earthquake sniffers, hunting & tracking, and many more. Truly a relationship in which two species have joined forces to work as one.

In return, the dogs recieve food, housing, heat in the winter, medical care, flea/tick control services, companionship from an always interesting species, and probably a longer life span. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is hard to quantify a dog's intelligence vs human but I would guess that many dogs understand some subtleties about human emotional makeup that most humans are unware of. And much of the intricate scents that characterize those human emotions. My Chesapeake has an ability to figure out spatial problems in a way that is truly amazing. I'll bet there are many different types of intelligence in the different lifeforms that surely have to inhabit the many different corners of the universe.

Moat

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Moat,

On reincarnation, because you don't remember, at least consciously, may not mean that you don't have some subconscious "base" which never the less has "bearing" on who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - that seems plausible, acceptable. Noted... thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A few interesting links -

What is Intelligence, Anyway??

And, instead of "IQ", how about encephalization quotient (EQ) -

Thinking about Brain Size...

Since the brain is such a demanding organ (blood, nutrients, energy), I would guess that an evolutionary step which produces a brain with an *excess* of capability would be disadvantageous, drawing resources away from more immediate survival needs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Moat

Enlightened
A link to an accepted theory of symbiotic evolution (mitochondria example) -

Endosymbiotic Theory

A bit of Googling suggests the termite symbiosis Empath mentioned is still controversial in it's early study, but quite a few "symbiologists" are currently studying it. Interesting! (but well over my head - and it's 1347g brain!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif )

Greymage

Enlightened
I've always found it odd that everything is quantized. Energy, mass, space and even time... doesn't it make you think we're all just running in a big computer?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
we do measure time, but even if we didn't it would still go at the same rate...

if an hour was a minute, a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

14C

Enlightened
The problem is we MEASURE it....quantize it.

If you go haflway to the goal line each time in an infinite number of plays you still never get there. A problem in Quantum Mechanics that String And Brane Theory claim to have insight into. Same goes for time. I don't think I have seen anything that applies the Planck length to Time the way String Theory applies it to size/distance.

How do you quantize an ocean?

nisshin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
Nowhere did I say that Spirit Evolution only applied to THAT realm. Neither did I say anything about Parallel Time Universes. I said each universe has linear time and parallel time. Spirit evolution is different from Physical evolution: growth and learning, rather than adapting to environmental changes. Spirits inhabit Physical Bodies via incarnation. This is where the opportunity for the fastest Spiritual growth and learning is. Neither did I say there is only ONE physical life per Spirit.

There are vast differences from the 'mainstream' view.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree to the differences from the mainstream view--but what would be the practical effects on our lives? For example, the Big Bang theory predicts a more or less uniform background radiation, and that is what we find. Physical evolution predicts life to evolve from simple cellular structures to more complex ones, and that is what we find in the fossil record. How does having seven planar hierarchies affect our everyday physics, or our everyday development? What are the predicted effects of these hierarchies that each universe has?

nisshin

Enlightened
I think the quantization of the universe has to do with the wave-packet nature of the universe. That is, quantization has to do with frequencies, the same way that notes are not continuous but are the result of standing wave patterns. Plus, wave packets have an area, and as the wave packet is more and more localized, the number of frequencies has to go up to accommodate a tall but thin wave packet (energy indeterminate); as the energy of the wave packet is more and more defined (and lowering the peak of the wave packet), the wave packet must spread out spatially. I'm not sure if this made much sense but it is the image I have in my head.

PS Wave packets are mathematical representations of a particle or photon, solutions to a fantastically complex Schroedinger/Dirac equation.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nisshin said:
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
Nowhere did I say that Spirit Evolution only applied to THAT realm. Neither did I say anything about Parallel Time Universes. I said each universe has linear time and parallel time. Spirit evolution is different from Physical evolution: growth and learning, rather than adapting to environmental changes. Spirits inhabit Physical Bodies via incarnation. This is where the opportunity for the fastest Spiritual growth and learning is. Neither did I say there is only ONE physical life per Spirit.

There are vast differences from the 'mainstream' view.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree to the differences from the mainstream view--but what would be the practical effects on our lives? For example, the Big Bang theory predicts a more or less uniform background radiation, and that is what we find. Physical evolution predicts life to evolve from simple cellular structures to more complex ones, and that is what we find in the fossil record. How does having seven planar hierarchies affect our everyday physics, or our everyday development? What are the predicted effects of these hierarchies that each universe has?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not seeing the Forest for the Trees. Quite common amongst those who view everything from the Physical. Hierarchies are NOT physical laws. They are groups of Entities (Powers That Be) that are entrusted with various sections and their functioning. For a Spirit in incarnation, such as yourself, it is to learn, sometimes by paying off some accumulated Karma (Spiritual version of Cause and Effect), hopefully not add to what Karma you already have, and hopefully grow Spiritually through your experiences and learning while you are in this incarnation.

Think of the Physical as a vast classroom for each Spirit to learn and experience in.

In all likelyhood, we will meet when your current incarnation is over. If so, I will show you this (it is all recorded) and then you will learn who I really am (in Spiritual terms).

McGizmo

Flashaholic
"we do measure time, but even if we didn't it would still go at the same rate..."

I'm not sure what this means but doesn't this need to be qualified or conditional on "being" in the same relative frame work? The passage of time in an accelerated frame of refference is slower than that otherwise. Wasn't this actually proved some time ago with a couple atomic clocks by the government? If you wanted to visit earth 250 years in the future, all you need to do is get in a rocket ship and go real fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Upon your return, the two weeks you spent in space might correspond to a couple hundred years having transpired here on the surface. I think this is just plain amazing and further, it's real! From what little I have read and somewhat grasped, anyone in need of some humility need only digest some quantum physics and their implications.

A foot note on the parallel universe front; isn't there some test currently in consideration regarding light particles and light theory where the results are not what one would expect and one offered explaination is that of light from a parallel universe entering into ours?

eggbert

Newly Enlightened
[personal attack removed] You are comparing a car to life? 1st off, in case you haven't noticed, a car is something man designed, not nature. I guess you think cars are grown in big fields... those are car lots [second personal attack removed]. So you are also claiming there is no such thing as evolution? Have you ever been to a museum before? Does the word "caveman" mean anything to you? You're saying that humans looked exactly like they did thousands of years ago as they do today? [third personal attack removed]

[Entire post is still alive and well, just not out here in the public - darell]

14C

Enlightened
eggbert - I sugggest you read the FAQ and try to be a little more civilized..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
Please eggbert. No need to get personal.We generally act more gentlemanly
and gentlewomanly on CPF. Surely you can make your point without resorting to insults.(but please make creative use of the graemlins) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

and you do not want to bring the wrath of Sasha upon yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
trust me on this.

Darell

Flashaholic
eggbert -

You can state your case without personal attacks. Personal attacks are not tolerated anywhere on CPF. With only TWO CPF posts, you're already on your third strike.

Aten_Imago

Banned
Intelligence as I remember learning it- was defined as the ability of an organism to learn and then to apply lessons learned through insightfullness to solving problems at hand(challenges) . Many animals are capable of the latter without the use of the former. The mechanism they use is called instinct. Its easy to confuse intelligence with wisdom, awareness,enlightenment and even knowledge. Intelligence requires that a conscious or subconsious association be made between a prior experience (lesson) with a present or impending experience ( application). The irony about humans is that they possess native intelligence but apply it inconsistently or ignore it in preference to instinct - and the consequences that it brings with it's oftentimes irrational decisions

eggbert

Newly Enlightened
<font color="red">*Post deleted by Sasha and user banned for ignoring Admin warnings to refrain from profanity and personal attacks.* </font>

Darell

Flashaholic
Well, I guess we're even then. He doesn't listen to us, we don't have to listen to him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hmmm. Didn't even last the day, did he?