Cree Stock

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
Re: Noticed shares of Cree stock moving upward

I have read about the company and done some research on the stock. This company is still considered speculative by many. However if you look at the Patents they hold and the cross licensing agreements they have you can see very quickly that there is value in this company. Their initiative with the LED CITY project and involvement in the Ann Arbor street light program put them in a great position to benefit from the next big thing in LED Street Lights.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish i was old enough, or rather finacially independent enough to do that, its so fitting, you buy shares in cree, and then use the money to buy crees....

Crenshaw

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish i was old enough, or rather finacially independent enough to do that, its so fitting, you buy shares in cree, and then use the money to buy crees....

Crenshaw

It's actually not so bad. You can get 10 shares for like $230-240. That's better than nothing. Ask your parent to get it, or ask them to co-sign for an investors account.

axolotls

Enlightened

Don't believe it. Amtech will be out of Cree long before it hits 'their' price target.

I still own shares @ $15.84 and $27.40
Sold off the ones I had purchased @ $16.88 back in June.

But, if it ever sees $55 fairly soon, I'd be stoked.

From Yahoo! Today:

52wk Range: 15.27 - 34.87

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
CREE Went Up $3.37 Today. Anyone Know What Happened?

The market wasn't having a particularly good day, but CREE is up $3.37 to $27.82.

Anyone heard any news about CREE?

Oznog

Enlightened
Re: CREE Went Up $3.37 Today. Anyone Know What Happened?

Anybody wanna go rummaging through Lamina's trash bin? Ooooh Rebel 0100's, 70%-90% chance they're good.

I checked the codes on the few I have- they're good!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah - that's my guess it may have gone up 'cause of the Lumileds recall but don't expect it to stay there. Cree is a volatile stock IMO and not necessarily related to the great things they are doing with their LED's.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened

I think Cree is a total winner in 2008...but caution for the near term is the thought for today. Tough market.

...analysts are out there right now with price targets of $16 and even $8, stories of poor quality product, absurd comparisons to the obsolete BetaMax format, and other awful -- HATEFUL-- public gestures.

CPF is a beacon for truth.

These sad fellows want our CREE shares... AND they covet our newest X-Lamp lights, too. IMPERIALIST PIGS!

....spot the liars, and win.

The recent push to $28 is another chance to short and force price down once again. Shares could go to 21 fast, even following good news...

...however the Lumileds recall is a special kind of good news for Cree - could be potent if delivered with one or more exciting bits.

Let's see what happens Tuesday.

GL2allLongs...

GaryF

Enlightened

It's hard to see much negative in Cree's quarterly report today, and guidance was good, too, unless I missed something.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Again Cree's performance has little to do with the price of the stock. Too many other factors and players as can be seen yesterday and today. If you like to keep your money invest in flashlights :D

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened

Conference call says Cree is making money. So are shareholders. Would like to see a nice close tomorrow.

Thank you CPF for enlightening me since 2006.

Photon_Whisperer

Newly Enlightened
Is CREE stock a good investment?

I own some CREE which has been doing well, but I'm wondering how their future in the marketplace looks. There's lots of new tech (quantum dots, etc...) in the labs but does that threaten CREE's products in the near future (say 4 years)?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is CREE stock a good investment?

I own some CREE which has been doing well, but I'm wondering how their future in the marketplace looks. There's lots of new tech (quantum dots, etc...) in the labs but does that threaten CREE's products in the near future (say 4 years)?

I own cree stock as well. I would say that yes indeed other companies could be working on things such as quantum dots and bring it to market faster than Cree which will hurt Cree but I'm still not that worried. They will do fine in the long run.

Calina

Enlightened

At over $30.00 per share it is overvalued. As proof just check how many options have been exercised by chief executives lately. On the long run it is probably a good stock. If you have some, keep them, if not, buy on weakness.

Photon_Whisperer

Newly Enlightened

Not sure about overvalued. Energy stocks are pricey, First Solar has a P/E of ~100. Color Kinetics was bought at 5x book value. Using the same metrics, CREE should be around 60. Good IP portfolio and lots of cash.

The stock being exercised was prearranged. It's the selling of the stock after the options were exercised which could be considered a bad sign, but at the same time, it's common to do for tax and cash flow reasons.