• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

D1Svn ;-)

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did!! lol! Snatched it in the Black Friday sale.:naughty:

p.s what is a "Beanshot"??!:poke:

Cap and I were smart. We bought it while the price was low haha. You know it's going to be popular due to the price and performance. Only questions are how good and how much hehe.

jedi_master

Newly Enlightened
Cap and I were smart. We bought it while the price was low haha. You know it's going to be popular due to the price and performance. Only questions are how good and how much hehe.

Not so fast! Two reasons Jedi didn't fight for that light last Friday.. 1) Olson lost about 500 lumen from stock 2) The tint is 6500K which is too white for Jedi's taste. Hopefully, throw gains significantly. I don't want a pencil beam though!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Not so fast! Two reasons Jedi didn't fight for that light last Friday.. 1) Olson lost about 500 lumen from stock 2) The tint is 6500K which is too white for Jedi's taste. Hopefully, throw gains significantly. I don't want a pencil beam though!

You might as well dismiss the Oslon LED as it will give a pencil beam in every light.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you now that olson black will works great on the olight sr52utvn..
here is an olight sr52utvn in xpg2 pdt. It is extremely bright and intense.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Finally specs are in:

[FONT=&quot]Spec 1: SST40 SD (LG 3500 Only)
1600 Lumen, 160Kcd, 800m[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Spec 2: SST40 HD (LG 3500 Only)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2000 Lumen, 120Kcd, 693m[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Spec 3: Oslon Black (VTC5A Recommended)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]650 Lumen, 270K, 1040m[/FONT]

Capolini

Banned
Wow! I was way off! I guessed 420Kcd based on this:

MC30vnT/U21 numbers and the size of D1S compared to U21vn

M30CvnT

XPG2=300Kcd
Oslon=500Kcd

U21 XPG2

XPG2=320Kcd even more than M30CvnT!
Oslon=??? 500K/520k?

U21vn XPL=260kcd
D1Svn = 270Kcd

I based my guess With the information above and seeing that the size[head] difference b'w the U21/D1s is only 1/3".

What am I missing? Is the reflector that much deeper on the U21vn?

Vinh....I know you push the light as far as you can.

I thought my comparison was logical!! There is something wrong with it!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see your logic Cap. However, a well engineered flashlight reflector is designed for a particular LED. When we change the LED, we then left the reservation and anything is possible.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
The shape and finish of the reflector have a lot to do with how well it performs. That said, I expected more out of the D1S with the Olson as well. I am very interested in the U21vn with the Olson, but now I need to wait to see the specs for sure.

Capolini

Banned
Even though the U21vn[320Kcd] has MORE lux w/ XPG2 than the M30CvnT[300Kcd] and the M30CvnT has 500Kcd w/ Oslon, I am going to say the U21vn w/ Oslon will have 380 to 400Kcd based on the D1Svn results!!!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can a person that has both the sst40Sd and Oslon post beam shots when they get it. Or vinh if it's not too much trouble.

Capolini

Banned
Wondering how the Oslon will throw in the SD26vn that I won?

Don't hold me to this!!!! I would guess ~ 140Kcd/150Kcd.

Did you have V54 measure it?

Believe it or not I had a very good record guessing Lux prior to my inaccurate guess on this light!

Jmpaul320 can attest to that. Also,I guessed the Lux of Selfbuilts S200C2vn reviewed light as 122Kcd and it was 122.5Kcd!2 out of 3 lights I sent Jmpaul I was dead on on one and w/in 10Kcd on the other Two.

No promises on Oslon Black! ;)

Capolini

Banned
I see your logic Cap. However, a well engineered flashlight reflector is designed for a particular LED. When we change the LED, we then left the reservation and anything is possible.

I see what you are saying. However, I think there are several variables.

Both LED'S seemed to work VERY well in the M30CvnT. XPG2=300Kcd and Oslon 500Kcd

Capolini

Banned
Posssibly this to:Courtesy of djozz[BLF]

For Osram LEDs you can't buy the Black Flat 2 in a single BIN. Osram only sells you a range of Bins. In the German TLF forum multiple people have found out that there is a rather large variance between these LEDs. If you want a "good" Black Flat that will actually produce the super high luminance values, you either need to be lucky or buy multiple LEDs and test them individually under the same conditions. Testing means that you test with a lux-meter if it gets brighter until 4A or even 4.5A. If it doesn't, you got a "dud"

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had read about the variability of these & figured that's why we don't see them in mass produced lights.

Vinh has always cherry picked LED's when dedoming, eliminating the bad ones.