• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

D1Svn ;-)

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Hey i appreciate all pics, but certainly understand the frustration it can bring. Even when they look OK, they often fall short of what we see. But at least it shows more than just words describing a beam.
That beam does look very nice, can imagine how intense that hot spot would be!
:)

Capolini

Banned
Now I know why the U21vn[Oslon] throws a lot further than the D1Svn. After comparing them, not only is the U21 1/3" wider head/reflector, as I suspected the reflector is also a bit deeper. My guess is about 1/2" or so.

If I were to get another Oslon, I would get the:[h=1]Eagletac M30CvnT - 550Kcd Rifle Spotter[/h]
$3 cheaper and 85cd more than the U21! A good price and a nice mid sized torch.:D

Capolini

Banned
I made some adjustments to my Camera. :naughty:

TOWER IS 300 YARDS AWAY.

d1sa.jpg

D1_SB.jpg

D1_SC.jpg

D1_SD.jpg

D1_SE.jpg

D1_SF.jpg

Tower is 410 yards away

D1_SG.jpg

Capolini

Banned
That's pretty impressive throw, Roberto!
How does the last picture compare with what you were seeing with the eye?

That is pretty comparable. Maybe slightly more peripheral light[flood] in the photo.

I have a confession!! My Buddy Bob[same name as me!] is a flashaholic and has a better camera on his phone!! He has a Samsung galaxy 8,must have better resolurton/pixel numbers than mine.

He LOVES my K60vn and is buying one. I bought his batteries for the light a few minutes ago. 4 X 30Q BT.:cool:

Capolini

Banned
How is the heat management of D1Svn ?

Heat is a Non issue,,both in MAX run time tests[tail stand /indoors/no fan] and in actual use. I set mine to MAX temp. for the thermal step down. Factory setting was WAY to low.

Even though the light is small, it is only 650 lumens and won't generate a lot of heat.

. Summer should be no issue either.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Heat is a Non issue,,both in MAX run time tests[tail stand /indoors/no fan] and in actual use. I set mine to MAX temp. for the thermal step down. Factory setting was WAY to low.

Even though the light is small, it is only 650 lumens and won't generate a lot of heat.

. Summer should be no issue either.

Well noted . Thank you.

scout24

Flashaholic
I have absolutely no earthly justifiable use for this light. None. Zero. But I just ordered one with the Olson black... :D. :twothumbs

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have absolutely no earthly justifiable use for this light. None. Zero. But I just ordered one with the Olson black... :D. :twothumbs

I thought you mod types thought emotionlessly and with clear minds. You're just as bad as the rest of us children

scout24

Flashaholic
Got my D1Svn yesterday. It was raining, so it only got a quick sweep around the yard last night. It's going to get to stretch it's legs a bit tonight. It's a beautiful beam for sure...

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my D1Svn yesterday. It was raining, so it only got a quick sweep around the yard last night. It's going to get to stretch it's legs a bit tonight. It's a beautiful beam for sure...

Did you go w black flat or another led?

scout24

Flashaholic
Black flat. The 6500k is a nice crisp white to my eyes. It puts visible light on trees at 75 yards in daylight... :)

Capolini

Banned
The D1Svn OSLON is an impressive light.

However, I have that disease of MORE!! So I traded it in, added a few bucks and got the M25C2vnT. Very happy with it!

D1Svn- mine 273Kcd website-305Kcd?

D1_S_BASIN3.jpg

M25C2vnT-552Kcd

m25_center_tree_1.9.2018.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Don't tempt me now. I can resist anything but temptation. :thumbsup:

305kcd is the spec on my card from Vinh. I asked that it be measured. There will always be bigger, brighter, more throw. For the disappear-in-a-pocket size, the stellar UI, and the ability to pick out trees in the treeline across the fields behind my house at 800+ yards with the naked eye under non-optimal conditions, the D1Svn with the Olson is tough to beat.

imkld3.jpg