• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D36 Drop - In modules are finally here

Hi Owen

Your K2 module shipped today.

Dave

Got it already. You are REALLY fast!
I had typed up a rather long reply that got canned when the updated browser I just downloaded decided to close on its own:scowl:

Real quick.
I got the D36 with warm K2, single mode 1.4A
-pulls about 890mA from 2x18500
-Easy to install in my Z46(M3 bezel).
-Makes good contact with the head-gets warm quickly.
-The beam is magnificent. No kidding.
No rings, no imperfections, very bright spill, huge corona-absolutely gorgeous beam. Unfortunate that I bought it for a "thrower", but this is one of the best looking beams I've ever seen from a flashlight.
-Much warmer than my one cool Cree, though not rendering colors like a 5A/5B Cree. It's in between. Actually quite neutral, and very "white".
-Based on ceiling bounce, this K2/D36 is not putting out more light than my Malkoff M60W in spite of pulling 1.6 times the current. This is using my eyeballs for a meter. The tint difference may be an influence.
However, the actual hotpsot is also smaller and less intense.
A little disappointed, there, since the M60W is specifically what I was hoping to significantly "beat" in terms of output and throw.

Looking forward to trying it out at work tonight. Seems like it should be very well suited for what I use a light for there. If so, I'll get a Seraph 36mm head for my old Z3, and this can be my new work light.
Then I'll have an excuse to try again with some other awesome new thing for the M3:D

Thanks, Dave. This may not fit the particular purpose I bought it for, but it's still awesome, and will see a lot of use one way or another. I only keep a handful of users, and this one isn't going anywhere.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Owen

I was very impressed with the beam quality with the K2 and these reflectors. K2TFFC because of the die they use is tough to get a good beam but this one just fell in there. I have been having to sputter the D26 reflectors to make a heavier mop so that the beam would shape up but not with these.

Do me a favor and if you have three RCR 123 plug them in and I think that you will see quite a difference. I was using an M3 with 3 RCR123 in it and it pulled 1.44 @ the tail. That should give you almost 30% more light if you have that config.

I just did some tests and pushed @ that amperage with the K2TFFC I was getting about 275 lumen out the end which is really good and which is about 25 lumen more than an R2 @1amp from a name brand.

Thanks Owen

Dave

I think if you add that 3 cell and get the juice up to around 12volts you will see a big difference.

I have a new tool that I just received today that very accurately measures lumens and during the next few days I will be working to fine tune some of the drops.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

This pulls 600mA on 3xR123, similar wattage to 2x18500@890mA.
1.44A from 3 Li-ions would be a tremendous amount of current.

minion

Newly Enlightened

Hi!
I want to buy D36 warm white MC-E 000JE6 3500K 1xLi-ion/2xCR123A module. Is it possible? If so, give me your PP address and total price including shipping to Russian Federation with USPS First-Class Mail International. Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi!
I want to buy D36 warm white MC-E 000JE6 3500K 1xLi-ion/2xCR123A module. Is it possible? If so, give me your PP address and total price including shipping to Russian Federation with USPS First-Class Mail International. Thanks!

Hi minion

PM sent with answers to questions

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules for (Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes D36)

Hi Bill (wmlafferty)

Your GD+ shipped Friday

Thanks for your patience Bill

Have a Great Fourth

Dave

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

Hi, sorry if I missed it but are you offering a single mode D36 drop in with a P7 led? I want the most lumens possible out of my M3 and I assume that's the best way to go about it. I am a bit out of touch though so if one of the other options is better I am happy to be corrected.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi, sorry if I missed it but are you offering a single mode D36 drop in with a P7 led? I want the most lumens possible out of my M3 and I assume that's the best way to go about it. I am a bit out of touch though so if one of the other options is better I am happy to be corrected.

I am not at this time because I can't wire them 2S2P. It is very hard to find a 17mm that produces 2.8 amps of current @ more than 6 volts. I have ordered some of the KD super P7 drivers as they are now 17mm and even though populated on each side I am hoping we can use them. I have not received confirmation they have shipped so it is still at least a week. That is the only 17mm multiple batt. driver I know of. The MC-E can be wired 2S2P and then it is fully powered at 1.4 amps which I have drivers for.

I have plenty of solutions for a P7 at 6 volts or under. I have one member that is running a dummy cell and 2X cr123 primaries

Cheers

Dave

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

Hi Dave,
Cheers for letting me know, i will hold out for the new ones. Can you let me know when you get it worked out please?
Marc

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

what sort of output are youseeing from the other LEDs? I am not up to speed on the current technology so please excuse my ignorance!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

what sort of output are youseeing from the other LEDs? I am not up to speed on the current technology so please excuse my ignorance!

Hi Marc

I carry most common leds available so you leave the door open there. As for quad die leds such as the P7 the Cree MC-E in K & M bin is producing about the same lumens as the P7 is producing. TheMC-E allows me to wire it differently so that I have driver options at this time.

Most single die leds are in the same general area of 200 to 300 lumen.

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Marcoc

You Kbin neutral MC-E shipped today.

Thanks

Dave

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this module only work with CR123's in the Pila GL4? I was hoping to use this set-up using two Pila 600P's.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this module only work with CR123's in the Pila GL4? I was hoping to use this set-up using two Pila 600P's.

Hi Dudemar

I am ignorant when it comes to that batt. tell me a little about it. The D36 are set up to use rechargables up to 3 li ions or 14 volts. That is why I don't have many with levels because of the lack of high voltage drivers with levels. I hope to have this solved in a couple of weeks but if you can do with one level then you are good to 14 volts.

OK I looked up the pila 600P and since it is a 4.2 max batt. yes these drop ins will work @8.4volts.

Dave

Last edited: