• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules for (Surefire, Pila, Wolf Eyes D36)

Hi All

I have put two new neutral binned MC-E in stock for the neutral tinted fans

They are KF5 bin 5B tint 4300k
and KE4 bin 4C tint 4500K

These join the ranks of our cool white & warm whites that we already had.

Thanks

Dave

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Marc

I carry most common leds available so you leave the door open there. As for quad die leds such as the P7 the Cree MC-E in K & M bin is producing about the same lumens as the P7 is producing. TheMC-E allows me to wire it differently so that I have driver options at this time.

Most single die leds are in the same general area of 200 to 300 lumen.

So, does that mean you have or will have drivers available to push more than 1.4A to an MC-E? I would be interested in an warm MC-E if the drive current was higher (hi/low would be good too).

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, does that mean you have or will have drivers available to push more than 1.4A to an MC-E? I would be interested in an warm MC-E if the drive current was higher (hi/low would be good too).

I have drivers that will push the MC-e @ 2.5amps now but only up to 6 volts. That is why I wire the D-36 modules 2S2P which only requires 1/2 the amperage but twice the voltage. This means that @ 1.4amps these are being run at full power but will take at least two rechargables and preferably 3 li ions. When wired 2S2P it takes @ least 7.2 volts.

I will have some new drivers that are being modded right now but could be at least 2 - 3 weeks before I get them. Again these will run @ 1.4 amps so that means a MC-E wored 2s2p but these will have probably 3 levels but at least 2 levels.

I have not found a high amperage driver that will accommodate multiple batts for the P7 and still only 17mm in form factor.

Dave

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

My wish is a warm MC-E D36 (WE M90) to be hi/low, using 2 or 3 li-ions and push 2.5A to the emitter on high. I guess I will wait to see what you get in.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

My wish is a warm MC-E D36 (WE M90) to be hi/low, using 2 or 3 li-ions and push 2.5A to the emitter on high. I guess I will wait to see what you get in.

Hi

Just let me know if I can help you when you are ready. The MC-E will have to be wired 2S2P unless someone in the near future comes out with a high voltage driver in 17MM form. The MC-E is made to be wired 3 ways Parallel @2.8amps and 3.6vin - 2S2P @1.4 amps with a 7.2vin and series @700ma with a 12.8 to 14 vin depending on VF of led. Any of these configs give full power to the LED.

Here is a good chart for MC-E

lightsml1.jpg

Glow Bug

Enlightened

Will the MC-E work in a Surefiire M4 with 2 Pila 3.6 volt batteries?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will the MC-E work in a Surefiire M4 with 2 Pila 3.6 volt batteries?

It should, it is on the lower limits of wiring it 2S2P, three or four cells with work better. I use 2 x 18650 all the time but they have stay charged up properly.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Brian (BK737)

Your D 36 special SST -50 built for Cabelas Turbo head is ready and will ship today.

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Brian (BK737)

Your D 36 special SST -50 built for Cabelas Turbo head is ready and will ship today.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Brian

I am sorry I had trouble getting the length right for the Turbo head but have it now and it has shipped.

Sorry for the delay

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a few

Red Diamond Dragon one level

Green Diamond Dragon one level

I am running these @1.4 amps they are very bright. I was quite surprised at the brightness of these colored DD.

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Hi James (depusm12)

I received your M3 head today I try to get the R2 installed tomorrow and mailed back on Wed.

Thanks

Dave

bk737

Newly Enlightened
Re: D36 LED Drop - In modules - Red & Green DD available (For Surefire, Pila, Wolf Ey

Nailbender,
I received my sst-50 D36 drop in today and i am very impressed with the output from this module! Thanks for all your help Dave, this is the best purchase i've made in a long time.
Mahalo,
Brian:D:wave:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nailbender,
I received my sst-50 D36 drop in today and i am very impressed with the output from this module! Thanks for all your help Dave, this is the best purchase i've made in a long time.
Mahalo,
Brian:D:wave:

Hi Brian

I am glad you are pleased with this. I worried over this one simply since I had not built many for a Cabelas Turbo Head. I expressly bought that size modules for that head since my regular modules won't fit that turbo head. I am glad I got the length right for your L2, that was what I was worried about was getting the right length.

Have a great week Brian

Dave

ejot

Enlightened

Hi,
I'm really excited about these drop-ins! lovecpf

Planning on an MC-E in the warmest tint you have. HOw far from the wall was the light in the beamshot (first post)? I'm thinking I would like this adjusted for a little bit more flood if that's possible.

It should, it is on the lower limits of wiring it 2S2P, three or four cells with work better. I use 2 x 18650 all the time but they have stay charged up properly.
There's a few different configurations I'm planning on trying this in, and was hoping to run 2x18650 in one of them. Can you give a rough idea of how long you let this run before recharging?

The other potential ways I'm considering powering this are:
3x or 4x 123a li primary
3x or 4x 16340 li-ion

From what I've read here, doesn't seem like there should be any trouble with these?

thanks!
-evan

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi,
I'm really excited about these drop-ins! lovecpf

Planning on an MC-E in the warmest tint you have. HOw far from the wall was the light in the beamshot (first post)? I'm thinking I would like this adjusted for a little bit more flood if that's possible.

There's a few different configurations I'm planning on trying this in, and was hoping to run 2x18650 in one of them. Can you give a rough idea of how long you let this run before recharging?

The other potential ways I'm considering powering this are:
3x or 4x 123a li primary
3x or 4x 16340 li-ion

From what I've read here, doesn't seem like there should be any trouble with these?

thanks!
-evan

Hi Evan

The distance from the wall is about 10 feet. I can adjust it towards flood a bit but I have to be careful are else the dreaded doughnut hole will appear.:D:D

There is no problem using any of the listed battery configs.

Depending on the flashlight you are running them in heat will be more of a problem than runtime will be with two 18650 it will run a long time. The driver is fairly efficient when running 2 x 18650

the warmest tint I have is the JE6 which I am sure you will be happy with.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Evan

Your warm white JE6 MC-E has shipped along with your D26 diamond dragon.

thanks and have a great weekend

Dave

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened

do you ship these to canada?
if so how much more will it be to do so?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

do you ship these to canada?
if so how much more will it be to do so?

Hi

Yes I ship world wide, Israel and Russia last week so Canada is not a problem.

PM sent on shipping

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi James (depusm12)

I shipped your M3 head back and your D26 module also.

thanks

Dave