Dark Sucks Prometheus Alpha Blue Label MC18-B- Impressions and Photos

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite part of winter is that I have bigger pockets with which to carry my Alpha on a more frequent basis. Love that light!

I'm hoping to join you with Alpha ownership soon enough :D

I think a huge deal for this is that the drivers Jason uses can be reprogrammed.

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
Any chance to say how happy I am with my Alpha is good. Glad I saw this thread. I've had mine for a while and it is both a fantastic light and beautiful work of art. Regulation is great, modes are spaced well, beam is awesome and just to have a chance to use it (usually at work) makes me smile. Jason really did a good job with design and production of this light. Overkill is ok for me when it's what I use and depend on. In the emails to order mine, it showed that he really cared about the details of every piece he touched. Mine gets used in a rough environment and it's nice to know it's always going to work without a switch or mode issue. I use mostly the TIR but have an op as well - both do a good job. Scratches aside, it polishes up well and that beam......anybody on this forum would like it. :thumbsup: Hope this helps paint the picture of how well this light is made.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
had mine re programmed in Germany by a Dr. Jones. programmed ' lucidrv '
excellent programmer, and lovely guy to deal with. very helpful, swift.
he is on the blf forum too.

http://drjones.dyndns.info/
[email protected]

I'm hoping to join you with Alpha ownership soon enough :D

I think a huge deal for this is that the drivers Jason uses can be reprogrammed.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my Ready-Made. Great tint and beam. Good runtime. And the fit and finish are excellent. I like to keep in on my back pack.

image.jpg

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
had mine re programmed in Germany by a Dr. Jones. programmed ' lucidrv '
excellent programmer, and lovely guy to deal with. very helpful, swift.
he is on the blf forum too.

http://drjones.dyndns.info/
[email protected]

thanks for the info NW, I really appreciate that! :)

do you know how his stuff is when compared to Flucero's reprogramming or if they're wildly different?

Flucero28 is in the USA (as am I), so it may be easier for me to go to him.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there from London!, they are both really about the same I say, I was going to send mine to Flucero28 and then found Dr Jones closer to home. I would surely go with Flucero28 for sure. They both are rated very high for their work.

thanks for the info NW, I really appreciate that! :)

do you know how his stuff is when compared to Flucero's reprogramming or if they're wildly different?

Flucero28 is in the USA (as am I), so it may be easier for me to go to him.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
since this thread has been brought back up, I might as well chime in. I have a blue label alpha and a copper shorty made by Jason. I allways have one or the other on me at all times. unlike most of the other "custom" light makers, hes willing to work with special request LED's or optics and will machine a one of a kind light if you wish for a truly custom light. well made lights, with high quality, even better customer service, and made by a great guy.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there from London!, they are both really about the same I say, I was going to send mine to Flucero28 and then found Dr Jones closer to home. I would surely go with Flucero28 for sure. They both are rated very high for their work.
gotcha, thanks for the tip!
since this thread has been brought back up, I might as well chime in. I have a blue label alpha and a copper shorty made by Jason. I allways have one or the other on me at all times. unlike most of the other "custom" light makers, hes willing to work with special request LED's or optics and will machine a one of a kind light if you wish for a truly custom light. well made lights, with high quality, even better customer service, and made by a great guy.

Thanks for the input! I've always heard Jason is a good guy to work with without a doubt