Did I get missed terminations?

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
It actually does two 16 hour 0.1C charges, with a 0.2C discharge in between. You can tell your wife that there's no reason to worry, as the charge portions of Break-in are purely timed... no missed terminations possible.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually let it run last night and just didn't say anything about it. ;)

I also realized that on my first R&A run I confused "rest" with "done". So the cycle was actually not complete and the cells were just in a resting state between charge/discharge. Oh well, they're charged now so I'll just wait to use them a few times and then run them through a full R&A cycle.

UserName

Newly Enlightened
It actually does two 16 hour 0.1C charges, with a 0.2C discharge in between.

Regarding that, is it necessary, or recommended, to start a break-in cycled with cells discharged? I've only done a few break-ins since getting my c9000 last week, and I wasn't sure. To err on the safe side, I ran a discharge cycled before starting the break-in, just because I wasn't sure it sounded like a good idea to start that 16hr .1C charge on an already full cell.

TakeTheActive

Enlightened
Regarding that, is it necessary, or recommended, to start a break-in cycled with cells discharged?
If you think it out, logically, charging a FULLY CHARGED cell for 16 more hours, even at 0.1C, isn't accomplishing much.

Sure, you'll 'mix up' some of the chemicals that didn't get 'exercised' when the previous higher current charge terminated (more than likely on Max Voltage). But, that will probably be completed in a few hours (WAG) and the remaining time will just be wasted generating unnecessary heat.

Since I have so many low current devices that run MONTHS between charges, I precede EVERY CHARGE with a DISCHARGE (just to 'mix up' / 'exercise' the chemicals 'at the bottom of the jar' / 'stuck in the corners').

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
Regarding that, is it necessary, or recommended, to start a break-in cycled with cells discharged? I've only done a few break-ins since getting my c9000 last week, and I wasn't sure. To err on the safe side, I ran a discharge cycled before starting the break-in, just because I wasn't sure it sounded like a good idea to start that 16hr .1C charge on an already full cell.

I think the manual recommends doing a break-in cycle on a discharged battery...or I read that here...I've read so much C9000 info the last few days my brain is full. :p