Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I'm out of the apt, I always have at least one. In the apt, I have a couple next to my computer where I spend most of my time, and a couple by my bed. Due to my years in the darkroom, I have a map in my head of where I am in the apt all the time, and know that I can find my way to one spot or the other with no problem. [I also have one of those USB LED chips plugged into my computer, which is on a UPS, so if I am awake I will have enough light to find one of my ready lights]

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
Like a few others here, I always have a light on my person unless I'm sleeping, showering, etc. During sleepy time, I've got one in the nightstand. Taking things a step further, I've graduated to always having a high CRI light.

For instance, there is an Astrolux A01 on my key chain. I usually have a Klarus P20 alongside a pen in my shirt pocket during the day. I'll have the warmer Massdrop Brass AAA or Sofirn C01 with me at night. All except the Sofirn are powered by Eneloop Pro. (The C01 gets regular Eneloops based on forum recommendations.)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Those are for the spare tire size reduction.

The cholesterol lowering jaunt is when I walk a 15 minute mile... Uphill... Both ways.

With snow on the ground and hard boiled eggs in your pockets to keep your hands warm? 😂😂😂😂

" I swear my mom says that what she had to do" must try that some day.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The ones genuinely tiny enough for neck carry usually get tossed onto a certain mini clip secured with a couple of very tiny split rings. Then simply clipped into a pocket. Usually the change-pocket of a pair of cargo pants. Not going to mention which clip as I've personally interacted with the owner of the company and found him to be an absolutely arrogant, narcissistic, scumbag. The type of individual whose attitude will likely get him a right proper beating one day. With no one hearing the news being surprised one bit.

Sooooo how are them anger management classes going anyway ? 😁😁😁

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sooooo how are them anger management classes going anyway ? 

I took over the main class. I've banded everyone together. First we're going to take over the Starbucks on the corner and give the beverage sizes proper names. Tomorrow?........

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
First we're going to take over the Starbucks on the corner and give the beverage sizes proper names........

My hero!! Lol

I think they call the sizes by different names to tell who is new or doesn't go often. Like a (not so) secret password for the club. The coffee thread corrupted me and I make my own but I was alway so annoyed when I went to the store in between EMS runs and they quizzed me on their terminology... just give me a large coffee!!

boo5ted

Enlightened
I took over the main class. I've banded everyone together. First we're going to take over the Starbucks on the corner and give the beverage sizes proper names. Tomorrow?........

The venti has always bothered me. I get that its 20 oz but "venti" doesn't go with short, tall, or grande. Now if the sizes were otto, dodici, and sedici.............

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sizes will now be "child," "Regular," "Fiend," and "Awake for Days." :rock:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a light on me when I leave home or it gets dark out and I'm not at home. When I'm home my room around my computer is lit by USB powered LED modules hooked to a 2x18650 power bank that runs for around 2 weeks on a charge with a second power bank sitting close by to swap in when the first one dies. I also don't have a light on me when mowing the yard due to I wear worn out clothing and shoes that get dirty and grass stained and sweaty. I used to have a keychain light but lost my keys and replaced it with a lumintop EDC that had issues with the head coming off and got lost. I have a UK 2AAA eled that I modded with a 5mm module for direct drive that has 2 L92s in it as backup for my LD01SS that is gone now (lost). When I'm going out to the garage or outdoors or out of range of the trip from bedroom to bathroom to kitchen I don an 18650 headlamp.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Asian night at the Hilton means carry an Asian made flashlight to the cafeteria.

IMG-20190515-184109.jpg

Ya never know when it's lights out in London these days.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Always wanted to see the UK. Closest I'm probably ever going to get is watching top gear😃

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Always wanted to see the UK. Closest I'm probably ever going to get is watching top gear😃

Same here. Closest I'll ever likely get is the mention the title to a UFO song from the late 1970's.
But if I make it there I'll probably have at least a couple of flashlights (err uh torches) with me.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wore a Thrunite T3 (TI3?) twisty on a cord as a necklace for about a year and that worked well, gave it away and never replicated it.
I always have a Zebralight 600 clipped in a front pocket of my pants, if I can find my pants I've got light. If I can't find my pants and shoes, then my entire system has broken down and all bets are off.