Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I owned a person, I would equip him with some cool flashlights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Went outside after dinner to have a smoke. Which flashlight do I carry?

Opted to go lightless figuring the sun probably won't suddenly shut off and if it did my problems are a helluva a lot worse than being flashlightless right now.

nightshade

Enlightened
Went outside after dinner to have a smoke. Which flashlight do I carry?

Opted to go lightless figuring the sun probably won't suddenly shut off and if it did my problems are a helluva a lot worse than being flashlightless right now.

That's a gift. The whole thing is about loss and acceptance.

I'll be good , back on thread topic...

Used a Tekna Splash -Lite to reset a cabin circuit breaker on a yacht of a occasional neighbor . Extreme wealth and not a working flashlight to be found.....

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have multiple layers of redundancy - first there is the EDC light, sometimes Surefire G2x Pro, usually some Malkoff.. Hound Dog 18650 is a common guest.

I just installed a Maglite Solitaire onto the keyring, it's the 47 lumen LED one. Perfect for that role.

the last layer of redundancy is my phone has a built in flashlight app. Very convenient. It's all flood now but *much* better than nothing at all. And the phone has an extended battery that runs for 2 days.

Because I always have my phone with me and my keyring with me, it's a safe assumption I always have a light with me. That doesn't even include the EDC.

azkid

Newly Enlightened
I have carried a pocketknife almost every day for several years. I used to have a Maglight Solitaire on my keychain. Recently I have vowed to carry this little Fenix aaa light, or something else like it, every day henceforth. :)

shipwreck.

Newly Enlightened
Not really. Only when I'm at work (security). Besides that just use my phone if I need one...

boo5ted

Enlightened
Not really. Only when I'm at work (security). Besides that just use my phone if I need one...

Your, your phone?

tenor.gif

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use mine to spot my night stand flashlight pretty regular. I chose a particular background on the phone screen to put out a nice gentle color when the screen lights up.

Flashlight feature on my phone? I don't even know how to turn that thing on. But I did set it where three tomahawk chops will turn on the flashlight for those absolutely, positively have no other option times.

One evening I was helping my son seal a leaking windshield on his car. While teeth holding a microstream my spit crept into the tail cap. Zzztt zzztt, darkness. Turn on my Coast HP1 and the low voltage thing on the battery engaged. Whip out a PK light...low voltage turned that one to sub firefly. Celphone it is. A 5 minute job was completed in seven thanks to 3 dead lights and was completed thanks to my smartphone flashlight.

Last edited:

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
This last page got a legit LOL out of me. This has turned into one of the funnier threads I've seen on a gear forum. Too bad I'm one of those stodgy serious types. I just came back to share that I replaced the 1xAAA Astrolux A01 on my key ring with a 1xAA L10 with Nichia from L3 Illumination.

If anyone wants my old Astrolux A01 and lives in the continental United States, PM me a shipping address.
---EDIT: Item has been claimed! Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to give it a good home, instead of "permanently retired to a drawer".---

Last edited:

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
That's my kind of security job!

I only ever regret not having a light on me when I need it. I've never been upset about having one with me and not needing it...

kj2

Flashaholic
Not always. Sometimes I forget and sometimes I choose not to carry. Do always carry one when I'm outside during the evening/night and when I'm on day trip.

harro

Enlightened
Certainly at work I always have my reliable old BO1Xtar by my side, as my work entails crawling around in household roof spaces, lofts, attics etc, and then the lights in glove boxes etc, but I don't always have one holstered on my belt when not at work.
TxzFFo1.jpg

vuDW6y1.jpg

It has five brightness levels on a rolling program, but you can create a solder bridge on anyone of them, on the driver board, for a single level only light, which i've done. Max only and a mighty 250 - 300 lumens, from memory.

Last edited:

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Always a Zebralight on me, or more. Especially while I'm in China doing inspection work, as the factory has sudden blackouts, irregular floor, zero safety concerns and I have broken my foot here a few months ago, while walking on dimly lit places with bad floor. Only this week, there were two blackouts.