Do you carry a flashlight during the day?

Lighteous

Enlightened
Yes, a Fenix LD01 on my key ring and a Nitecore D11 in my pocket. And for reasons that not even I understand, I also have four others in my briefcase: a Nitecore IFE1, a Nitecore Extreme, a 4Sevens Quark AA-2, and a Streamlight Microstream.

phonoe

Newly Enlightened
I carry Fenix LD10-R4 all the time. There will always be some dark area during the daytime.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be easier to list the times when I don't have a light on me. Since I generally work indoors, a flashlight is handy even in the middle of the day.

Slashman

Newly Enlightened
I usually EDC a 4Sevens MiNi AA2 (R5), though sometimes a Fenix LD01 (R2), reason is the same: mainly because if there is a power outage/ problem with the underground (in London) or any other adventure to be had I want to be prepared.

I also have a 4Sevens MiNi AA with Lithium Primary on my keys as my backup light.

Fluffy Ops

Newly Enlightened
This is a very good turnout! 43 replies in 24 hours!!! Wow, we truly are flashaholics!

For those who carry Fenix LDs, 4Sevens lights, and many other models, do you keep your flashlight bezel tightened during the day (instand acces to Maz/Turbo and Strobe) or loosened (low modes come first)?

///Maverick

Newly Enlightened
Most definitely, two of them at that. I EDC a Insight H2X typhoon2 (same as Gladius), and an Innova X1.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could be noon and out on a beach and I'll still have my EDC with me (currently an HDS EDC High CRI). :)

4sevens G5 strobe to wake up stupid drivers if necessary and a backup EDC.

Rich
I'm sorry, but this is a really dangerous (and quite possibly illegal) idea. :shakehead

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, but this is a really dangerous (and quite possibly illegal) idea. :shakehead

Yep, not allowed to distract other drivers like this. Your local law enforcement would not be amused - best to save the strobe for areas away from the road.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a Fenix LD01 on the keychain, EX10 clipped to my scrubs and Preon 2 in the whitecoat. During the day, there are a lot of interior rooms in the hospital that have no windows and if the power went out, they would be completely dark.

bodhran

Enlightened
I carry a mini CR2 all the time. The wife used to tease me until we had to do an emergency car repair while on a 4WD trail, in the middle of the day. Not a peep since...*s*

bansuri

Enlightened
Always have one during the day. I work on machines that are always dark inside. To make matters worse, if it's bright outside that means more light through the skylights creating more contrast.
I try to keep an HDS Twisty or Basic 60 with me, always a ReVo on the keychain.
For areas where I'm frequently inspecting I'll put a DX keychain light hanging somewhere close. This is a worst-case scenario as the blue tint from them is awful.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Always have one during the day. I work on machines that are always dark inside. To make matters worse, if it's bright outside that means more light through the skylights creating more contrast.
To add to that, it's mostly during the daytime that I use my higher levels on my Clicky, while using lower modes at night.

Could a mod merge this thread with this one which seems to address the same question with a little broader perspective?

motherfletcher

Newly Enlightened
i ALWAYS have at least one light on me.

EZAA R2 and 5mm led on my keys

LD20 Q5 and Q123 Tactical in my bag

i carry these "just in case" and i also work in a cinema so they always come in handy. i'm always looking for an opportunity to use my lights :D

goose2283

Newly Enlightened
Yes, during the day. My job has me working on and in buildings that don't always have power.
I have an overready triple xpg, In a Surefire 6P defender, and a Vannisle 5.6 amp Quad xpg in a C2body 6p head and tail.
That's my hip and side pocket. I have a nitecore d10 camo in my coat pocket.
That's my during the day.

City maintenance for Edmonton, I do board and secures on drug busts and breakins, been in LRT tunnels, abandoned buildings, attics and crawl spaces.

Were you in Central LRT Station a couple months back? I saw a bunch of maintenance guys there down on the tracks, one of whom had a decently bright flashlight.

On the subject of the thread itself - I ALWAYS carry a flashlight. I keep an iTP A3 around my neck, a Solarforce L2 1x18650 in my pocket, and my Thrunite Cat V2 XM-L in my backpack. I do AV work at a university, so I'm constantly in need of a flashlight. The Catapult doesn't see much use, but it's fun to impress my co-workers with it.

CKOD

Enlightened
IFE2 on me at work come in handy for dark, or poorly illumnated places. When I know I'm working at night, I have either my energizer headlamp on my hard hat, or my FiveMega 2.5D Mag with 3x P7s in my lunch box when I'm not using it, in my pocket when I am.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an E05 on the keys and Quark 123 tactical (until the HDS Rotary ships). I usually have a busy day, so I don't always make it home or to my car before night arrives. You can encounter dark during the day as well, trying to find something in the shadows, in a room with no windows, etc.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have my Fenix LD01 on my belt next to my Leatherman Wave, and I carry my Fenix TK45 in my backpack or in my jacket pocket when I go most places. I've only had it since December, but pretty soon I'm going to need a holster to carry the TK45 around in the warmer weather. I might leave it in the car more often though at that point because of its size.