Do you carry a spare cell? If so how?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Speaking of holders, here's some of mine which I posted before on the Collector's thread. I don't EDC the bigger ones but I will use them when I travel when they get packed in Eagle Creek quarter cubes.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
And this shows some recent additions (some were also in the previous photo). There are holders here made from stainless steel, aluminum, anodized aluminum, brass, titanium, copper, Delrin, and polypropylene.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks!

They were originally posted under Collecting in "Another eccentric flashlight related hobby," where people posted photos of their holders and carriers.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
These flamed titanium ones are beautiful but expensive. I haven't bought any of these yet (the large one on the far left is about $70) but they're nice:

Last edited:

GearHunter

Enlightened
It's cool to see/hear how everyone deals with the same issue that we all face. I guess I should have mentioned that I keep a 4 pack of cr123 cells in a TAD battery holder in my work/truck bag. The cell in my pocket is for when I'm not near my bag and it also allows me to use the cell into my light until it just won't meet my needs. Sometimes I go days after the first low batt warning. Before I carried a backup I didn't dare leave a cell that low in my light for fear of ending up in the dark.

GearHunter

Enlightened
And this shows some recent additions (some were also in the previous photo). There are holders here made from stainless steel, aluminum, anodized aluminum, brass, titanium, copper, Delrin, and polypropylene.

what do you think of the polypropylene one? Would it be as tough is the derlin? Thought about picking one up...would add a splash of color with a red cell in it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I do own the AAA delrin battery locker from County Comm. Very small and useful for those who EDC a single-AAA light, and want a way to carry one spare cell. Easily fits on a keychain.

Lighthound used to carry dedicated 2xCR123 holders, as well as 2x18650 holders. Just simple, clear plastic cases. But a great way to carry spare cells in a bag, or even a coat pocket. Sadly, the Hound is gone.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Magellan, if you ever need to rid yourself of the lesser cell holders, my name is WarRaven and my address...☺

LOL

It's definitely a bit funny that the battery holder aspect has taken on a life of its own just light the lights. :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
what do you think of the polypropylene one? Would it be as tough is the derlin? Thought about picking one up...would add a splash of color with a red cell in it.

It's hard to tell if it's just as tough but I can tell you it doesn't seem fragile for sure. I'd say it's pretty close to the Delrin.

GearHunter

Enlightened
It's hard to tell if it's just as tough but I can tell you it doesn't seem fragile for sure. I'd say it's pretty close to the Delrin.

Thank you. Guess I'll toss one in my basket next time I place an order at count comm. Their shipping is too high to just order one thing!

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yeah, the shipping is steep. But they have such cool stuff so I just bite the bullet. :)