DO YOU KEEP THE BOXES?

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Just wondering, Do you guys keep the boxes your flashlight came with?
I bought 7 new torches and maybe 2 more new ones in the drawer. Do you guys keep the box eventhough its few months or year(s) has passed by? The torches I have are not collectable. I have SF, Fenix(7 newely acquired)and 3 novatacs.

thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, I keep mine...even the larger SF boxes. They don't take up an extreme amount of space and I think they resale better with a box.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Just wondering, Do you guys keep the boxes your flashlight came with?
I bought 7 new torches and maybe 2 more new ones in the drawer. Do you guys keep the box eventhough its few months or year(s) has passed by? The torches I have are not collectable. I have SF, Fenix(7 newely acquired)and 3 novatacs.

thanks

I should, for some odd reason it helps keep the resale value high (not just in flashlights, either) I never understood why, though.

I've tried, but the boxes just end up getting destroyed eventually. Now I don't bother. I use my lights anyway, so no box is gonna help keep my resale value :)

BanjoBill

Newly Enlightened
Keep all the boxes and paper work, never know when you'll have to sell a few to get that " Can't live without it " item. :)

.....Bill

BMF

Enlightened
No. My most expensive light is Task Force 3C White Cree for $19.99 (after $10 coupon) and it doen't have a box just a blister pack. The rest of them are from DX and Kaidoman and was $18.85 or less. If I want to count the C2 Q5 price mistake from DX, it would be the most value at $26.40. No need to save those white, thin, lousy, ... boxes from DX and Kai. Do you call them "boxes"?:laughing:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Yes. It's a bad habit. I have WAY too many boxes. At least the flashlight boxes are SMALL! You should see the box for my printer and coffee maker!

I just bought a 50" plasma. Guess what. Yup. You do NOT want to see my basement!

:eek:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like all collectibles, having the box available raises the value and makes for a more attractive sale..

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to keep my boxes and all paper work until the warranty period is up. Then usually for me I need the space and it goes in the trash. I used to keep all my boxes for every electronic device I bought but there just isn't enough room. I hear the thought about keeping for selling but I never buy something I think I'm going to sell. If I do decide to sell it then it must be because I think it's worth it. I'm not going to sell a $5-10 item. So the box may or may not make a couple dollars difference and I'm not worried about that.

Bill

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Who doesn't love the Fenix boxes? "Fenix dedicates to producing classic illuminating tools..." The small box makes a nice place to store and organize the instructions/holster/clip/spare o-ring for each light, and fast and easy resale/barter if you don't like it.

Illum

Flashaholic
Fenix boxes, Surefire Boxes, opened streamlight/Inova blisters:rolleyes:
I keep everything:grin2:

FYI, WTB surefire boxes. I managed to acquire a 6P box from Kromatics...looking for more ;)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont throw away those that have seen the inside of a shipping envelope..i dunno, i paid for that to get here..feel like i should keep it, on the other hand my Maglite's packageing is long gone...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont keep all of them but mostly my surefires and Inova

vandraiss

Newly Enlightened
I keep the boxes for everything I buy until at least the warranty runs out. For most of my lights I keep the box forever. I keep manuals,spare lamps and whatever other accessories I have that I'm not using at the moment. Often they increase the resale value of the item as well.

Although it's not a flashlight I kept the box my Colt Python revolver came in. I've had the gun for about 35 years and it's like new. The gun is worth about $1000. Having the box adds another $100. That's right, an extra $100 for a 7" by 9" cardboard box.