• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Don, Please Do Another Run of LS 27's

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would very likely take one. Of course, it has happened before that one popped up while I didn't have the free cash to immediately jump on it...Curses!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fortunately you need not count me IN.
When these came out I figured out a way (after buying a LS-20 and a LS-27, to buy a second pair. Yes that is correct I have 2 of each. I love posting that kind of information on threads like this...HE HE HE:naughty::naughty:
I had a feeling about the LS series of lights. I EDC an LS-20 because it really is like carrying 2 lights.
I have a bunch of Don's creations. I love them all. The one I use most is the LS-20.
The LS-27 is out with me every time I take a night walk.

Anyway Good luck to all of you who are on this list, Maybe Don will fulfill your dreams.

I don't know how many LS-27's were made but I don't recall it being a large number.

I do know that in some years I will have to start replacing the Tritium in the tail of these and other lights.

When you get your LS-27 one thing will become instantly apparent.
It was worth the wait.
Happy new year
Yaesumofo

Delghi

Enlightened
I have always been fascineted by the LS 27 but I never being able to catch one, sure I'll get one if available!

StrayLight

Enlightened
Fortunately you need not count me IN.
When these came out I figured out a way (after buying a LS-20 and a LS-27, to buy a second pair. Yes that is correct I have 2 of each. I love posting that kind of information on threads like this...HE HE HE:naughty::naughty:
I had a feeling about the LS series of lights. I EDC an LS-20 because it really is like carrying 2 lights.
I have a bunch of Don's creations. I love them all. The one I use most is the LS-20.
The LS-27 is out with me every time I take a night walk.

Anyway Good luck to all of you who are on this list, Maybe Don will fulfill your dreams.

I don't know how many LS-27's were made but I don't recall it being a large number.

I do know that in some years I will have to start replacing the Tritium in the tail of these and other lights.

When you get your LS-27 one thing will become instantly apparent.
It was worth the wait.
Happy new year
Yaesumofo

The dynamic duo and, of course, the backup duo... I'm assembling that same team.

I seem to recall the number 80 being thrown about in regards to total LS27s built. I think there were considerably more custom reflectors made (minimum order requirements), but Don was pretty clear about the difficulty of assembling the '27 and said more than once he had/has no plans to make more.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a run with the Nichia NCSW119T that I have been hearing about lately? Do these really approach 160 lm/watt? Last I looked they were more like 125 but it seems they have evolved summat.

stienke

Enlightened
How about a run with the Nichia NCSW119T that I have been hearing about lately? Do these really approach 160 lm/watt? Last I looked they were more like 125 but it seems they have evolved summat.

That's sounds interesting , what color have these leds?

fyrstormer

Banned
The dynamic duo and, of course, the backup duo... I'm assembling that same team.

I seem to recall the number 80 being thrown about in regards to total LS27s built. I think there were considerably more custom reflectors made (minimum order requirements), but Don was pretty clear about the difficulty of assembling the '27 and said more than once he had/has no plans to make more.
Maybe he could sell LS27 kits, then. :D

fyrstormer

Banned
Don's already said he's not going to make any more two-mode PD lights, and as much as I like my PDs, I have to concede I EDC my Haikus almost exclusively nowadays. (100% one-hand operation is a great thing.) However, that doesn't rule out multi-emitter lights. There's certainly enough room in the Makai head to fit a ring of secondary LEDs, though a titanium run of of the old Aleph 1 heads would be a more pocketable size for such a project.

Alternately, there are various custom-builders who can made PD lights if you can pay the price for custom work, and I don't see any reason why they couldn't make multi-emitter lights too, possibly based on the internals from the A2 LED Aviator, the A2Z CombatLight, or the Kroma.

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Count me in for one! Love the big heads (I think this is an appropriate time for a "That's what she said" moment)!