dont ever move to a small town!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuyume

Enlightened
The reason you can't find a therapist in a small town is people there don't have city life driving them nuts. In small towns people talk to friends and neighbors about their problems for free. They also have less to complain about.
Mental illness and addiction are tearing the heart out of small town America, leading to the rise of Fascism. Your assertions simply do not ring true for those of us who have actually lived in both big cities and small towns.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mental illness and addiction are tearing the heart out of small town America, leading to the rise of Fascism.

Yep and inflation combined with millions of non-citizens taking jobs the last 3 years has done great damage to small towns & their people. Fascism would be the wrong definition but small town folks want strong leadership to fix their current issues! Fentanyl walking across the border is hitting small towns especially hard. Used and new cars costing as much as houses and good jobs in energy and manufacturing being pushed overseas. Who doesn't want strong leadership...

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Literally the biggest advantage of living in a big city. No "Mrs. Grundy" up your backside all the time. The thing about small towns is people start thinking they have a right to interfere with your life. In cities, no one gives flying fart about you, specifically.
Yep. I don't even know the names of most of the people on my block, much less anything else about them. No block busybody who appoints herself (yes, it's always a she) to mind everyone's business, and try to micromanage their lives.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Yep and inflation combined with millions of non-citizens taking jobs the last 3 years has done great damage to small towns & their people. Fascism would be the wrong definition but small town folks want strong leadership to fix their current issues! Fentanyl walking across the border is hitting small towns especially hard. Used and new cars costing as much as houses and good jobs in energy and manufacturing being pushed overseas. Who doesn't want strong leadership...

Got news for you... immigrants took the jobs that were backbreaking, HARD, low pay, and that nobody wanted. They drive our economy, and if you don't know that, go grab some books and sit down.

The US lost ~3 million people during covid. Look it up. This is directly attributed and excess deaths combined.

Additionally, a significant fraction of people 1) retired early 2) retired outright 3) exited the workforce (think spouses that worked part time).

The workforce shortage is here to stay. You better thank your lucky stars Latin/South America is within 'walking' distance of the US.

US fertility rate dropped below replacement rate (2.1 kids/woman), probably permanently, in ~2007.

1696046936880.png

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand, NY criminals have NO PROBLEMS acquiring and carrying guns, so, just become a criminal. They don't prosecute and enforce gun laws.*

*This is tongue in cheek. Not advocating criminality, just pointing out the stupidity of the situation NY is in.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hopefully we'll have time to deal with the meth epidemic across America's Heartland.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yep. I don't even know the names of most of the people on my block, much less anything else about them. No block busybody who appoints herself (yes, it's always a she) to mind everyone's business, and try to micromanage their lives.
That's only some neighborhoods in our city.
There are others that have them here.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
From what I understand, NY criminals have NO PROBLEMS acquiring and carrying guns, so, just become a criminal. They don't prosecute and enforce gun laws.*

*This is tongue in cheek. Not advocating criminality, just pointing out the stupidity of the situation NY is in.
Hell, I know how to make a double-barrel, over & under, shotgun from scratch. Literally a visit to Home Depot to get everything needed. And, that's a very short list. I don't create it because I don't want to rot away for years in prison for doing so. But I have the knowledge and the How-to Manual. This was long before the internet existed. Heck, even further back, find an old copy of the U.S. Military Jungle Survival manual from 1965. It'll teach you step-by-step how to assemble a single-barrel shotgun from pipe, scrap wood, and cloth. With an accompanying picture of a downed air-man who did just that. Photo of him squatting down with his improvised shotgun by his side.

Trained machinist with all the tools and a workbench. With the right manual, literally fabricate a fully functional semi-automatic pistol. It's not Rocket Science.

Got news for you... immigrants took the jobs that were backbreaking, HARD, low pay, and that nobody wanted. They drive our economy, and if you don't know that, go grab some books and sit down.

The US lost ~3 million people during covid. Look it up. This is directly attributed and excess deaths combined.

Additionally, a significant fraction of people 1) retired early 2) retired outright 3) exited the workforce (think spouses that worked part time).

The workforce shortage is here to stay. You better thank your lucky stars Latin/South America is within 'walking' distance of the US.

This type of conversation is best suited to the Underground. Make CPF great again!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This type of conversation is best suited to the Underground. Make CPF great again!
I'll print up some red baseball caps with White lettering and send it out to every member. Just going to be a lot easier than convincing PK to come back. Or, resurrecting certain members from the Great Beyond.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
That's only some neighborhoods in our city.
There are others that have them here.
More so in the past than now but I'm sure they still exist. My maternal grandmother was one of them. She lived on Melrose Street in Brooklyn in a railroad flat. We lived on that same block for a few years before moving to the housing projects in Queens. When my mother talked to some of the neighbors, the conversation always turned to her busy-body mother-in-law. I recall when I was a kid she would hang out the window after dinner and watch what everyone was doing.
Hell, I know how to make a double-barrel, over & under, shotgun from scratch. Literally a visit to Home Depot to get everything needed. And, that's a very short list. I don't create it because I don't want to rot away for years in prison for doing so. But I have the knowledge and the How-to Manual. This was long before the internet existed. Heck, even further back, find an old copy of the U.S. Military Jungle Survival manual from 1965. It'll teach you step-by-step how to assemble a single-barrel shotgun from pipe, scrap wood, and cloth. With an accompanying picture of a downed air-man who did just that. Photo of him squatting down with his improvised shotgun by his side.

Trained machinist with all the tools and a workbench. With the right manual, literally fabricate a fully functional semi-automatic pistol. It's not Rocket Science.
All true. A home-made gun might not have the longevity or accuracy of something factory made, but it'll still be plenty lethal. And there are lots of other lethal weapons one can make besides firearms if you have the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.