EagleTac Clicky Ti

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I use Nyogel 760G

I use Nyogel 760G as well. I was stupid and misread the number. Now I have five tubes the size of toothpaste tubes in lube!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Where's a good place to get a D25A for us Canadian folks? In neutral tint of course...

Considered carrying them but the offerings aren't too outstanding other than the Ti. I bought mine personally from LightJunction w coupon.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Fun little light, I just received mine from illuminationgear. I opted for the neutral version and I'm happy I did as this tone seems perfect. I'd have to do some greycard tests to compare it to a few other lights though. I liked the interface more than I thought, so that's a nice bonus :)

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
I will shill for illuminationgear.com every chance I get. I find Tod to be nothing but spectacular, cheap international shipping and great customer service! Free usa shipping on every order, and I think it is $8 for international. Go get some!

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
I had a guy get ahold of me and say that his clicky doesn't work in the cold, I guess he hikes in very cold weather and says the Ti Clicky just won't turn on after being in the freezer. So I am going to do a freezer test tonight for 20 minutes and see if it works or not when I pull it out. Torture test! Might do the dunk test too if I feel adventurous.

stoli67

Enlightened
Got mine the other day... Single CR123 version.

For the money it is a great little light.. Works fine.. No issues..

I did try it with a RCR123 man it is bright and gets hot .

Still for the money it is a great light.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone else from the non-US territory still waiting for their Clicky Ti's to arrive? Mine from iG still hasnt reached me (ordered 06-15).

ouch.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I ordered mine from iG as well and shipping to the Netherlands was only a few days. In fact, I think I ordered mine on the 20th and had it last week... Maybe your package has been taken up by customs though, that often happens to no fault of either sender or shipper.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Well, such a 'iG fast delivery' message makes me worry even more if it means that i am the last in line to wait for the USPS parcel.

i dont want to be the last. i dont deserve it. wasnt i the one to be the first to start this thread? :awman:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
here we go:

USPS tracking said:
June 17, 20121:54 pm MIAMI, FL 33112Processed through USPS Sort Facility
June 15, 2012Electronic Shipping Info Received
June 15, 20122:22 pm ROCKLEDGE, FL 32955Acceptance

If the envelope passed thru the local (=in town) customs clearance office, i would have received a printed notification letter and i would be able to check with them if an envelope on my name was ever received (this year) by them from the national customs clearance center. So that's easy to check upon, i would only have to go there and ask en persona.

If their records are negative and show no entry, then .. something went wrong elsewhere, and i wouldnt know where or why. Fingers crossed for this week.

Last edited:

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Mine was:

June 23, 2012
5:16 am MIAMI, FL 33112Processed through USPS Sort Facility
June 20, 2012

Electronic Shipping Info Received
June 20, 2012
5:30 pm ROCKLEDGE, FL 32955Acceptance

And arrived at the 26th, but no delivery status on the USPS tracking.
I'd give it a quick doublecheck with USPS to see where it is in their system...

unattended

Newly Enlightened
d25a ti just arrived.
hmmm. not bad but not that impressive either.
tint is o.k.
moonlight isn´t low enough for me (i´m sold to infinite variable i think).
high is o.k., step to turbo is nearly invisible. back to mode 1 - total darkness (moon)
instead of the last used high.
the u i is not my favorite one - have i mentioned that i like infinite variable ? ; )

output on li-ion is wow but then, having no lows makes it totally useless in my eyes.
adding the nonexistent turbo mode with nimh - who designed that circuit for aa ?

and had i read about the fact that they are neither waterproof nor shock resistant
(as stated somewhere above) i wouldn´t have ordered one.
the more or less stupid blinking modes might make
it a nice clubbing accessoire at least ; )

to be honest, this is the first light i bought that by first impression won´t make it into my "rotation".
not being "flashy" enough for me, maybe for its slim form factor it will be given as a present to a non-flashoholic.

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I'ts been awfully quiet from shelm in the last few days, lets hope he finally got his and has been busy outside lighting things up.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'ts been awfully quiet from shelm in the last few days
iG told me that it could take several weeks because of random hold up in the customs office. i might have lost enthusiasm or interest by the time it finally reaches me ;)

LJ has still lots of stock of the CoolWhite. Maybe because it's hot summer .. the Clicky Ti's dont seem to be bestsellers on the market. The first wave of buyers is over, definitely.

ESC, how do *you* like the quality or thickness of the threads or the walls. Okay, or too thin? i think your photos didnt show in great detail the tail threads or the head threads or wall thickness. please dont bother. i am sure that the build quality is nice! :)

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone tell me how the D25A UI for constant light works?

moonlight on, loose bezel is 0.5/8/75 and tight bezel is 122/strobe?
moonlight off, loose bezel is 8/75/122 and tight bezel is 122/strobe?

or does moonlight off introduce a different set of lumen levels?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
shelm, I tried to illustrate the threads and the thickness in some of the pics from earlier, pm me with any special requests and I will bust something out for you. I don't find the threads or thinness to be an issue on the clicky model, and think for what it is it is and how much it costs it is a great light. The size of the light makes it wonderful to carry. The output on li-ion is plenty bright for me. I'm still up in the air on the durability overall, I'm super careful with most of my lights though and will probably never get to fully test the toughness of any of mine. My buddy though, works in a garage and drops his lights all the time on concrete. He has been through quite a few Nitecore D10's and D11s so I will be waiting to see how well his holds up to hard use. I also plan on shooting some pics of his lights after he beats the crap out of them some more. I hope yours shows up soon!

Be First

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm (despite the seriously disappointing reverse clicky) interested in picking up a D25C Ti with the neutral XM-L. However, after looking at GoingGear's comparison videos, I'm concerned that the XM-L will be really lacking in throw when compared to the same light with an XP-G.

So, for those with experience with these lights, will I be giving up a noticeable amount of throw by choosing the neutral XM-L? Or will the higher output compensate? Oh, and in case it helps: I have a NW Quark 123, and an SC51w.

Thanks!