Eagletac GX25A3

holylight

Enlightened
Okay, what am I missing, show me or fix my equations.

Watt = Volts x Amps

1.4 volt Nihm x 2500mAh = 3500 VoltAmpHours = 3500 WattHours

4.2 volt Lion x 750mAh = 3150 VoltAmpHours = 3150 WattHours

I regretted not studying harder during school time. sorry I cannot help u ...

videorat

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure why there is any confusion gordo but the only thing I see wrong with your formula is the decimal. It's actually 3.5 watt hours and 3.15 watt hours. We used to make that kind of mistake a lot back in the slipstick days.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Man this looks really nice. I wonder how it'll stack up to the 3AA that 4sevens is going to come out with.

So does it or doesn't it have a selector ring? Or is it like the 6AA where you twist the head?

Either way, i think i'm gettit though... hahah

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GX25A3 is not even officially on Eagletac's website. I've noticed once they do add it to their website, it takes at least a month or two to start shipping out.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
snap3l.png

see Eagletac-USA.com website, price 94.90$

Won't be as popular as Nitecore EA4 for various reasons, e.g. higher price, lesser brand popularity, few "professional" ET flashlight reviews and poor marketing, but this light is clearly the brightness leader (3xAA: 915 ET ANSI lm). beats the EA4 (4xAA: 860 NC lm) and beats the upcoming Zebralight S5310 (3xAA: 900 ZL lm).

Eagletac, Nitecore and Zebralight are on top of the scene with similar lights

• side clicky 1xXML: TX25C2 L2, EC25 U2, SC600 MkII U3
  • multi-AA shorty: GX25A3 L2, EA4 U2, S5310 U3
  • triple XML shorty: MZ25C8 L2, TM15 U2, S6330 U3
  • single-AA EDC compact: D25A L2/G2, SENS AA R5, SC52 U2

:rock:

Last edited:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I've been checking ET's website everyday for info on this bad boy. I wonder if it will be able to get the full 915 otf lumens off 3 eneloops? I'm guessing no. :shrug:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been checking ET's website everyday for info on this bad boy. I wonder if it will be able to get the full 915 otf lumens off 3 eneloops? I'm guessing no. :shrug:

This light will likely not hit retailers for months. Checking everyday is pointless. Of course it will get the full 915 lumens with Nihms. It uses a buck circuit. Running 14500s will make no difference in brightness either.

Miracle

Enlightened
when will the Eagletac GX25A3 CREE XM-L2 U2 be release for sale?

I only read about this light just now.

wow!

1116 LED lumens with 3 AA battery!

This will be my next light!
:faint:

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks amazing!! I love my EA4 but this may easily beat it. But at twice the price you really need to have something tipping the scale. For me, it's a lower low mode. And the "Tailcap with rear switch"? I don't see any pics of this. It doesn't seem necessary but a nice option to have I guess.

markr6

Flashaholic
you can see it here in the jojoselected clip!

Thanks, that's pretty cool!! Seems awkward to use on such a thick light but it's nice they included it as an option. I also like that the manual says it will use the Eagletac flip diffuser - "GX model uses filter housing w/ flip-over feature" so not really any chance of losing the cap. Besides, I would probably use the diffuser 90% of the time. Looks like an absolute winner!!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
flip diffuser - "GX model uses filter housing w/ flip-over feature" so not really any chance of losing the cap.

the G25C2 (Mk1, MkII) is the only Eagtac light afaik with a real flip-up diffuser.

here,
"filter housing" = you can exchange the head part which hosts the glass lens. the kit comes with a new head part and that one has threads for the screw-on filters and screw-on diffuser lens. the new head part hosts ("houses") the screw-on filter
"w/ flip-over feature" = bad wording. they mean "screw on" feature over the original glass lens. the new head part (taken from the kit) can be operated with the original glass lens plus the filter on top, or with the filter only and the original glass lens removed.

the shared video demonstrates the use of all this.

Last edited: