Eagletac GX25A3

T-roc87

Newly Enlightened
Neat little light but i think i will stick with my ea4. Wins out for me because of price. Plus i carry a sunwayman v10a on me at all times which can hit all the low lumens i need!

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GX25A3 will definitely cost more than the EA4. It's an Eagletac, and it is more "professional". It seems to have a bunch of pros and one con. No doubt it is smaller and brighter, but with the same throw. It uses 3AA instead of 4AA, so it will be lighter and not so chunky. The side switch is better, as in not prone to failure or accidental activation. It appears the light has 10/300/900 lumens in regular mode. There is a 200 lumen, but it is put in the tactical mode, which is too difficult to switch back and forth. However, it has an optional attached flip-up diffuser and an optional tail clicky. Seriously, that is a heck of a lot of light and options there. I must have one.

markr6

Flashaholic
The GX25A3 will definitely cost more than the EA4. It's an Eagletac, and it is more "professional". It seems to have a bunch of pros and one con. No doubt it is smaller and brighter, but with the same throw. It uses 3AA instead of 4AA, so it will be lighter and not so chunky. The side switch is better, as in not prone to failure or accidental activation. It appears the light has 10/300/900 lumens in regular mode. There is a 200 lumen, but it is put in the tactical mode, which is too difficult to switch back and forth. However, it has an optional attached flip-up diffuser and an optional tail clicky. Seriously, that is a heck of a lot of light and options there. I must have one.
I would like to have one too. Actually, I'll feel guilty "wasting" the money since I simply don't need this, but it's just too darn tempting, resolving a few issues from the EA4. I don't think I'll miss the 200lm mode since 300 is pretty close. That 10lm will be very appreciated. Now, do I wait for the ZL 5310? Uhhhhh

Miracle

Enlightened
I would like to have one too. Actually, I'll feel guilty "wasting" the money since I simply don't need this, but it's just too darn tempting, resolving a few issues from the EA4. I don't think I'll miss the 200lm mode since 300 is pretty close. That 10lm will be very appreciated. Now, do I wait for the ZL 5310? Uhhhhh
what is this ZL 5310 ?can you please provide more info on this ZL 5310 light please?what is the lumen output and runtime?thanks

markr6

Flashaholic
what is this ZL 5310 ?can you please provide more info on this ZL 5310 light please?what is the lumen output and runtime?thanks

Zebralight S5310 - they've been talking about it for about 2 million years now :shakehead and driving us all crazy. Supposedly it will run on 3AA, 900lumens, the usual Zebralight modes and UI which is very nice. There's some pics and threads about it here on CPF. Originally planned on releasing it this past February.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is this ZL 5310? Can you please provide more info on this ZL 5310 light please? What is the lumen output and runtime? Thanks.

Don't even go there. It is a fictitious light listed on an Excel spreadsheet with a tiny bit of made up stuff. Zebralight is infamous for putting lights on there to keep potential customers from buying their competitor's lights, stringing them along for years. They have way too much on their plate right now. We do not even know it exists. Even if an official announcement is ever made, it will be many months before anybody even sees one.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything that had led you to believe this? From what I have gathered, Eagletac lights tend toward the expensive side, rather than the budget or affordable side.

"superior" = higher in value = higher price
"superior" = better price = lower price

i meant the former ;)

btw, the price is listed on the official website eagletacDOTcom

Miracle

Enlightened
can some kind souls please private message me when the Eagletac GX25A3 is out for sale?

Thanks

:/

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
can some kind souls please private message me when the Eagletac GX25A3 is out for sale?

Thanks
:/

Absolutely nobody knows. It's not out yet. Any retailer with a pre-order does not know when they will come in either. I'm guessing based on recent past experiences, at least a few weeks. Somebody will post in this thread the very first day a retailer shows them in stock. You have to be really patient. The good news is that now that Eagletac has updated their website with a specific listing for the light, it should be along within a month.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Absolutely nobody knows. It's not out yet. Any retailer with a pre-order does not know when they will come in either. I'm guessing based on recent past experiences, at least 4-8 weeks. Somebody will post in this thread the very first day a retailer shows them in stock. You have to be really patient. The good news is that now that Eagletac has updated their website with a specific listing for the light, it should be along in another month or two.

Awww I was hoping days not weeks...patience...

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been a fan of EagleTac's build quality and the feature set of this light looks nice!! AA lights are great for battery availability, but it's always nice when they also support 14500 batteries. :) This light is now on my shopping list. ;)

__philippe

Enlightened
StreamLight SL-75702 anti-roll ring to fit forthcoming EagleTac GX25A3 ?

3449ndi.jpg

I am ready to bet the StreamLight anti-roll ring, which has been proven to fit (very) tigthly round the Nitecore EA4 bezel (ø 40.1mm),
will also be usable on the the EagleTac GX25A3, albeit with a somewhat smoother fit.

Rationale: the SL-75702 stock rubber anti-roll ring inner diameter (un-stretched) measures about ø 37.4mm

Provided EagleTac published GX25A3 bezel size (ø 38.5mm) is accurate, that should make for a perfect fit.

Cheers,

__philippe

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could attach split ring or split ring and lanyard to the flashlight. that's anti-roll enough ;)

__philippe

Enlightened
Quite so,...but the rubber anti-roll ring also doubles as an effective bezel shock-absorbing and scratch preventing protection...:rolleyes:

Last edited: