Akubra said:
Here is my EDC :

img78310cs.jpg

img78323en.jpg

Very nice watch, if that's what I think it is!!! :huh:

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
As far as Speed Safe, I only have a Chive with it. If you breath wrong the Chive will open.

I find the blade "closed" lock to be rather cumbersome too.

Perhaps I should try a larger Speed Safe just for giggles?

And don't count out Vapor and VaporII as decent budget knives.

Black Majik

Newly Enlightened
AzGB said:
How exactly does one get a CCW in The People's Republic of Kalifornia? :whistle:

They hand it out to anyone these days!! :laughing:

It's a lot more difficult than other states, but it's not impossible. Mainly a "good cause" statement is required. Bryan is correct that it's all about location. Some counties are easier than others.

revolvergeek said:
Black Majik,

You ought to check out the SPD skin for Windows Pocket. I just loaded it onto my 8125 yesterday and it is awesome! Makes it much easier to use one handed without the stylus and much more friendly overall.

Thanks RG for the tip. I'll have to look into it

Sig229

Newly Enlightened
Ok I'll bite besides wallet and keys,

NightAvatar.jpg

my sig229 with night sights, luminox watch with tritrilium markers, and kershaw blur. O yea I also carry a streamlight strion, or my new P1d-CE

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I've carried a number of EDC lights in the past yera or so but I finally gave it some serious thought a couple months ago and settled on this one:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/xenon-gentle-police-rugged-recommended-p-261.html

It's a 2 x CR123 xenon light (similar to a Brinkmann Maxfire but aluminum - much nicer). Why such a thrower instead of something with more run-time? Because I'm a P.O.S. government office puke and I really don't need a light for my everyday situations, just emergencies

In the late fall and winter, I often leave my cold, impersonal office building after dark and sometimes have to walk 100 yards or more to my car. The only time I'd need a light is if someone came up to me and I wanted to temporarily blind them.

I have a concealed carry permit ... but in this state its interpretation varies and I have additional restrictions imposed on me by my employer so carrying my .40 to work every day just ain't gonna happen. Thinking about a pepper spray ... but so far I haven't bothered to order any yet.

In addition to my xenon light, I also have a keychain light (single LED brass model from Lowes), my crappola cell phone (Tracphone), wallet, Photo ID badge, pocket change, shuttle bus tickets , etc ...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the last several months, I've mostly been carrying:

HDS Basic 42GT
Spyderco Solo

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an example of indulgent redundancy - AKA the contents of my pockets (Just my trousers and shirt, don't go into what's in the jacket!!!)

466000500_92e156f80d_b.jpg

ORB RAW 3W on yellow lanyard weave
ARC LS First Run Cyan #898
ARC LS First Run Red/Orange #767
Fenix L1D CE
Peak Matterhorn AAA RED led
Fenix LOP SE
ORB RAW 3W Red/orange - in case
Spare RCR2 in case
Spare Hybrid AA NiMH x 2 in case
3 Fauxtons
House keys
Work keys
Hugo Boss Handkerchief (Clean one daily)
Two Nappy safety pins ( You never know when...)
Hank of yellow paracord
Carabiner for keys
Kangaroo pouch for small change
Wallet

It all weighs a lot but you guys carry guns and knives so I guess I'm not as extreme as I thought.

Be lucky...

tinkerer

Newly Enlightened
This is most of my edc. I left out boring stuff like cellphone,bandana,mints,etc

49brg41.jpg

The keychain has :
-keys
-gerber clutch
-slotted+phillips mini screwdrivers
-p-38 can opener
-4 hearing aid celled microlight (no brand). Its a tiny twisty with decent output. Sometimes I carry a Fenix E0 or photon in its place.

the other stuff is:
-Spyderco/Byrd Crow folder
-Nuwai Q3
-6 way folding screwdriver
-McFeely Quickwrench
-folding lockpick set
-Gerber Pro Scout multipliers

CLHC

Flashaholic
SF.A2 (Y/G LEDs)
SF.E1 (Lego)
3[M]ini.Mag

Pro-Tech.Runt
Pro-Tech.Tantilla
SF.Delta.FCUK
SAK.Classic.SD.Silver.Alox

A.T. Cross.Ion
A.T. Cross.Roadster

Nokia.6235i
Motorola.V625i

Ford.F-150 Key

Last edited:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I tried some edc stuff out just to check where the limit where it was to much...

left front pocket: cellular
right front pocket: Spyderco Delica, Spyderco Endura cliped inside the pocket
right *** pocket: wallet

Belt Left side: D-Mini, P1D CE with kooter body Z57 tailcap, leathersheath with ASP 21" baton, Leatherman c304 cliped to belt

Belt Right side: SF E1E, CR123A battery nylon holder, Fenix L1D CE, Mag D2 ROP, Leatherman Charge, SF L4, SF 6P

Around my neck: SF A2

Where do you thing I went overboard? :D

This is of course not what I usually carry, or would ever carry around, I actually dont dare to carry any knives or multitools when Im going in to town or doing something away from the house. The LAW! tells me not to carry knives, the law man! :mad:

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
That's a first for me hearing someone that EDCs the SF.A2 around their neck. Guess it would lend itself to being accessed straightaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.