• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can show you a rough idea and it is rough Rich, in use its simply awesome!

Wow, that beam is amazing! This is going to be the perfect light for my uses. I'm a huge incan fan too, so the 4k 219C will be ideal for me.. Thanks for posting that shot!

ven

Flashaholic
Welcome Rich, only a rough idea as on phone. Colours look pretty accurate, just does not pick enough light up as it is brighter than shows. The 219c 4000k is very very nice!!!! Its not like incan to my eyes though, not orange or that warm. The 219c i have is a little towards yellow(nothing like the xp-l2 4000k which is very yellow to my eyes). The pic shows vinhs xp-g2 PDT with the increased throw and narrower spill.

For a very nice slightly warm flavour, the 4000k 219b is also worth a look!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Rich, only a rough idea as on phone. Colours look pretty accurate, just does not pick enough light up as it is brighter than shows. The 219c 4000k is very very nice!!!! Its not like incan to my eyes though, not orange or that warm. The 219c i have is a little towards yellow(nothing like the xp-l2 4000k which is very yellow to my eyes). The pic shows vinhs xp-g2 PDT with the increased throw and narrower spill.

For a very nice slightly warm flavour, the 4000k 219b is also worth a look!

I have the 219c 4000K as well and can vouch for its awesomeness. To me the tint is more neutral than warm. This has become my favorite light and favorite tint at the moment.

ven

Flashaholic
I have the 219c 4000K as well and can vouch for its awesomeness. To me the tint is more neutral than warm. This has become my favorite light and favorite tint at the moment.

Right now my warm side of neutral fav's are, 219b 4000k, 219c 4000k, xpl HI 4000k. I do really like vinhs 219c 5000k's as well, in mules they are awesome to use. 4000-5000k and i am as happy as larry:)
The xhp35 4500k and 5000k are super nice also!

A lot for me depends on the ambient light and what basically i am sat under(be it 3000k at home or 6000k at work as examples) which i find changes or contaminates my eyes. I can make a specific colour temp and tint change..........So when i check a light out first, to get an accurate idea i try and not use a warmer or cooler light than the one to check out if makes sense. If i was testing a 219c 4000k out for the 1st time, i would not use 6500k prior as it would make it look over warm(visa versa as cooler LED's can look very blue).

Whilst i digress :laughing: i will add the last couple of morning i have used 2 different colour temps. One was 5000k, the other 4000k on very low to get down stairs(different days). Surprisingly both looked similar ,as my eyes were not adapted in anyway . Colours looked pail and almost none existent(talking low lumens so under 10 here). So for early mornings, eyes 1st opening scenarios , i dont thinks its that critical on colour temp for me! Of course once i awake, my eyes improve then it is important.

Ideally for me though, 4000k gets most use in evenings/night time as its just easier for me in the house or outside. I can live easy with 5000k, just not my 1st choice...........Daytime is the opposite, 5000k day but can tolerate 4000k. But most of my daytime use is artificially lit!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear about the nice tint.. this will he my first light with the Nichia 219. Although you're making the wait more difficult for with those pics! :huh:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The D4 is a great light but not sure why i havtn found myself using it much. I am mostly with the Goliath lately. Its a light I never thought I would like that much.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the D4vn uses the latest firmware (v2) mentioned here: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306

This provides a couple of very important features including turns on to memory mode vs. moonlight, and fixes to the thermal step-down.

Thanks in advance.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes Rich, V2 it is.

The v1 was early days, first few weeks of that batch. Since then v2 and up to now..................There is possibly a v3 in the works, but when............is any ones guess right now.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Rich, V2 it is.

The v1 was early days, first few weeks of that batch. Since then v2 and up to now..................There is possibly a v3 in the works, but when............is any ones guess right now.

Great to know, thanks!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI is awesome Rich! You will love it and want it your other lights:poke:

It does sound great. The only thing I would add is maybe 3 preset modes where I could store my 3 most used brightness levels. Other than that it sounds amazing. I love that I can modify the temp stepdown so it steps down before it does damage or becomes dangerous in the case of accidental activation.

ven

Flashaholic
It's very clever and works very well, you would have to be really careless to damage the light. If transporting, be it in a pocket or in a bag, get use to locking out tail cap(more convenient than the lockout on switch imo). It's not like it needs undoing several times, few mm turn locks out.

How hot this light gets has has made me re-think about how over careful I have been with temps(still am!). It can get crazy hot, no damage at all . To put another way, LEDs can take a hell of a lot more heat than our hands . 3 consecutive 100% runs, got me around 85oC. Goes without saying you can not touch this for longer than a spilt second,as near boiling point temp for water! If uses are kept under 1000, you get a good balance of output / run time,~600lm ish indefinite run(till cell drops).

Its a fun light!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's very clever and works very well, you would have to be really careless to damage the light. If transporting, be it in a pocket or in a bag, get use to locking out tail cap(more convenient than the lockout on switch imo). It's not like it needs undoing several times, few mm turn locks out.

How hot this light gets has has made me re-think about how over careful I have been with temps(still am!). It can get crazy hot, no damage at all . To put another way, LEDs can take a hell of a lot more heat than our hands . 3 consecutive 100% runs, got me around 85oC. Goes without saying you can not touch this for longer than a spilt second,as near boiling point temp for water! If uses are kept under 1000, you get a good balance of output / run time,~600lm ish indefinite run(till cell drops).

Its a fun light!

Wow, that's nuts.. I love that you can lock out 2 different ways for safety. Honestly, a couple hundred lumen are plenty for night-hikes - I've been using much less. But there are times I want to see beyond the immediate surroundings. With this, double-click and:clap:

ven

Flashaholic
Double click is super addictive Rich, you my find you use it more than planned...............simply because you can:naughty: