Eneloop real or fake?

qwibbles

Newly Enlightened
If only I had been a CPF member a few years ago .... Ah well I seem to have all fake eneloops apart from 4 cells. Thank you everyone on this thread and others. At least I know what to look for in future :D

artcheezzz

Newly Enlightened
Hi i have some pictures of 3 packs of batteries and i`m cunfused after i read it all but wanna know which are real witch are not:
All bought in UK Ebay:
HR-3UTG First battery is bought with battery charger pack have 4 vented holes but have mark on top which not supposed to be?
HR-3UTGA Second bought as 4 pack, battery dosnt have vented holes at all and and tops colours are diffrient.
HR-3UTGB Third same as second just have description dots diffrient.
So do i have any original SANYO eneloop or all they are fake?

11647041.jpg

11647083.jpg

11647092.jpg
11647126.jpg

sbbsga

Enlightened
HR-3UTG First battery is bought with battery charger pack have 4 vented holes but have mark on top which not supposed to be?
HR-3UTGA Second bought as 4 pack, battery dosnt have vented holes at all and and tops colours are diffrient.
HR-3UTGB Third same as second just have description dots diffrient.
So do i have any original SANYO eneloop or all they are fake?

If I am not mistaken, HR-3UTG is the 1,000 cycles model. Meanwhile, HR-3UTGA and HR-3UTGB are the newer generations which have 1,500 cycles and 1,800 cycles respectively, as well as other improved features.

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
Costco has the 10 pack of AA Eneloop Batteries for $15 today, they were $20 but there is a $4 coupon.
Wife just a called and picked me up a set.

artcheezzz

Newly Enlightened

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
I ran a break-in on 4 new Eneloop 2000 AA batteries from the 10 pack from Costco the final result on a Powerex Maha C9000 was

1 1993 mah 1.45 volt

2 2021 mah 1.45 volt

3 1991 mah 1.45 volt

4 2024 mah 1.45 volt

I'm happy with the results but a little surprised at the mah spread although within specs

awyeah

Enlightened
I've seen new-from-the-pack eneloops break in anywhere from ~1850 all the way up to a little over 2000. Older ones tend to test lower... if I had the patience, I'd try running the lower ones through a few break-ins in a row to see if that would increase them, but I don't think the time is worth 100mah.

robcope

Newly Enlightened
I have bought about 80 eneloop AA and AAA batteries from Amazon and have received no fakes. I do ensure they are sold and shipped by Amazon and not one of their merchants. Just seems safer that way.

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
This forum (and this thread in particular) has been really, really informative to me. It's a shame I didn't find it before. I bought some AA Eneloops from DX some years ago (2 packs of 4), and both backs, as I could check by the information provided in this thread, are fake. The batteries from one of the packs (that I bought first) look very well built, so I really believed those were genuine until this week (similar to the ones in #20), but the batteries from the other pack are clearly fake, as they diameter are slightly larger than the standard for AA, which makes it impossible to use them in some equipment, as they can get stuck. I quit buying Eneloops from DX since then. I've bought from eBay (many AAA packs) always and have had no issues. One hint for shopping in eBay (this is based solely in my personal experience): not sure if it is coincidence, but everything I have bought from South Korean vendors look genuine and I have had no issues with late delivery or anything else. Thus, when the prices have little difference, I usually prefer to buy from Korea, even paying a little more.

Cheers,

Zorzi

roroarro

Newly Enlightened
Dear all
I'd like to know if these Eneloop are fake.
I bought them in a local shop here in Argentina.

They are made in China. No marking of production date.

I'm doing a test with Lacrosse BC700.
It ends the descharge fase (After charging them), marking around 2000 mAh (like 2004/2006 mAh) and around 1.5 V.

WP_20160518_010.jpg
WP_20160518_009.jpg
WP_20160518_011.jpg

roroarro

Newly Enlightened
i just received confirmation from Panasonic Argentina that the batteries are legit.