EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Not being able to see the forest for the trees is exactly about people quibbling over words in order to fool themselves into feeling clever. Totally ignoring the intent, and proving themselves the losers at both communication skills, and work ethic, those two could have simply been having fun with a customer, but the thing missing most in today's environment is the ability to read the atmosphere, and especially remembering they're supposed to be at work.

No job application ever asked if the new employee had the skills to make fun of customers or see themselves as more important than the job they expect to be paid for.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always thought about geting a black hose and run it from water heater tilll my roof where id have it in loops. to be some what solar water heater

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once, and only once, I made the mistake of asking where the hot water heater replacement parts were in our local Home Depot. My question was answered with - "We don't have any hot water heaters or parts for hot water heaters. We only stock cold water heaters." Then the two employees I'd asked looked at each other and snickered. Once, and only once have I asked about such a device. :twak:
Sounds like beavis and butt head got jobs, lol

Image 2-2-24 at 9.42 AM.jpg

Just because they serve you doesn't mean they like you.

Our local Taco Del Mar hired two guys who must have seen the movie way too many times. They didn't last long at their high-paying burrito rolling J O B.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having clerked in two different retail stores, let me add that (some) customers aren't all that bright, either. Before you ask a clerk where a product is located, turn around and look behind you, a lot of the time that is exactly where it is. I don't know how many times I had that happen. Customer came up to me at the counter, asked where such and such is, and I point to the end cap directly behind them. I'm sure they felt like an idiot, so don't feel like an idiot, look behind you before you ask. By the way, I've done it, and did feel like an idiot, and this was after having been a clerk, and knowing better. 🤪:wtf:🤬😱:censored:🤫

While the hardware store clerks were acting like jerks, sometimes the job of clerking gets oppressive, 😖😫😩 and the latent jerk pops out. :devilish: It happens in every profession, I'm sure. Yes, it is disrespectful, and yes, it is Karen bait, but people are a bit thin-skinned these days. However, I agree, you don't go into a retail establishment to have your intelligence insulted. I have been on both sides of this, so I'm a bit conflicted. Although, my pedantic side agrees with the snarky hardware store employees--just call it a water heater, not a hot water heater. Hot water heater is a bit silly, if not redundant. The English language is full of silly things, and I enjoy playing with it. :geek:

I considered the encounter to have been more educational than disrespectful. A lesson I haven't forgotten. It also reminded me to practice exercising my vocabulary. Words mean something. Choose your words carefully if you want to be understood.

Most of the time visiting a home improvement brick-and-mortar store is a relaxed affair. However, when I'm on-the-clock I'm on a mission to keep my invoice as low as possible for my customer. I don't want to L@@K around when I don't know where the item is or has been moved to.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Each time I go to the pharmacy a certain pharmasist is on the phone and slams it down, then picks it right back and says "pharmacy can I help you?" Today was more of the same. He says "everything I touch today blows up". I said "make note to self don't stand near that guy". He laughed and said "thanks, I needed that" and picked up the phone again "pharmecy can I help you?".....

Oh, copper cables getting stolen, how dare I take this one off topic (again) 😱

yearnslow

Enlightened
The truth hurts. Here is something else to ponder. The US Added 1.2 Million EVs To The Grid Last Year, & Electricity Use Went Down https://cleantechnica.com/2024/02/0...the-grid-last-year-electricity-use-went-down/
My house is entirely off-grid.. I wasn't referring to electricity, I was referring to your rather annoying approach at lecturing everybody else.
Do you have pink hair? Blue hair? It seems that people with odd coloured hair have a tendency to tell everyone else what they should be doing.
Shouldn't you be more concerned with cleaning up the human excrement where you live? Instead of worrying what people say on the internet?

I'll just place this here..

Smug Alert

Worth a watch. Probably one of the funnier episodes. It's about hybrid drivers, but seems to be equally (if not exponentially) true about some EV drivers.

Edit:
To clarify, I have no issues with EVs. In fact I'm blown away by the performance whenever I get to chauffeur my dad in his Tesla Model Y with performance package. EVs are a huge part of the future as are solar panels and cleaner sources of energy. Give me an EV with no nanny systems and a full manual transmission (or sequential shift) and I'll be ready with my wallet!

My problem is with the technology that comes with EVs (and includes many modern ICE vehicles). Specifically the "beta culture" that the world has adopted. Car manufacturers launch nanny systems and self-driving capabilities but fail to perform sufficient testing before they jump in with both feet. Companies are driven by competition and greed and they push to release features that aren't ready for widespread use.

Sometimes the feature (while tested and mature) itself fosters poor driving habits. There are many instances where people turn on self-driving capabilities and they irresponsibly perform other tasks that take their eyes off the road. Just because a feature could be developed and implemented doesn't mean it should. Refer to post #12 here to read about what happened to me. One pedal driving means people aren't putting their foot on the brake when stopped. I've verified this with three other Tesla drivers. They all fully trusted their "hold" feature. Well, not anymore.

Then there's also the attitude people adopt, believing their driving an EV makes them more modern and superior to anyone else. They feel compelled to evangelize and convert others. Which brings us back to the South Park episode referenced above.

Last edited: