Favorite User Interface

Burgess

Flashaholic
Re: Do you prefer Low/Mid/High or High/Mid/Low?

BTW --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:
_

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened

well, i prefer only a 2 mode setup:

low/high for backup lights
high/low for tactical lights

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Personally it just depends on the light you are using and in a way becoming VERY personal with your light. I don't have that big of a collection, but as a result I know exactly how all my light operate perfectly. My original LD20 cycled up from low and I loved that light. My TK11 is perma-locked on turbo and I like just knowing that it will come on full blast. My single digital switch Fenix lights are low/med/high with memory.

I don't own a TK09 but really like the way the turbo and then other modes function on that light.

Barry0892

Newly Enlightened

Thank you. You don't like mode memory, do you? I hate to click forever to the last mode I used.

Barry0892

Newly Enlightened

How long does your turbo mode last?
Personally it just depends on the light you are using and in a way becoming VERY personal with your light. I don't have that big of a collection, but as a result I know exactly how all my light operate perfectly. My original LD20 cycled up from low and I loved that light. My TK11 is perma-locked on turbo and I like just knowing that it will come on full blast. My single digital switch Fenix lights are low/med/high with memory.

I don't own a TK09 but really like the way the turbo and then other modes function on that light.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Two identical threads merged with similar threads, one duplicate post deleted - Norm

Last edited:

AirmanV

Newly Enlightened
For me it depends on the situation. I have different lights for different roles. For example, my recreational lights I use for camping/hiking/etc I prefer multiple modes that start out in a Low mode. For my work (LEO) I carry two duty lights (or 3 depending). One is a single output P2X Fury and the other a dual output P3X Fury. I carry both of them on my duty belt. This is why I prefer SureFire lights for my job (military reserve, LEO), and Fenix/Nitecore lights for recreational use, as they are more fitting. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

How long does your turbo mode last?

Sorry were you asking me a question? I got confused on whatever happend in the last few posts here lol. If so the turbo on the TK11 with an Eagletac 3100mAh is 2 or more hours? Maybe 3? I never really tested it. I don't know about the TK09... I really want that light though. I should have purchased one when they were I think 15-20 dollars off at BrightGuy. They still had supplies of the original TK09 which were dubbed the TK12 still and were discounting them. I think they are gone now though.

Stanley Spadowski

Newly Enlightened

From the small amount of flashlights I've tried so far, I am preferring my Eagletac T25C2's UI the most. Simple twisting with pre-select before turning the light on in the first place. In short order the positions become muscle memory and second nature to interface with. If I want to go low->med->high or high->med->low, all I have to do is twist the head accordingly before I turn the light on. Simple.

Superfluous blinky modes are available in abundance, but well hidden in the UI outside of regular use. There is no getting to them unless you purposefully do so. If desired, you can toggle the option for double click instant access to Strobe 1 on or off, or even program it into a tactical operating mode.

Great UI.

The only caveat I find with it is the way you access the lowest (4th) mode, and that the lowest mode could stand to be lower than it is, but it's not a deal breaker to me.

I much prefer the Eagletac's UI over the other lights I've used so far, which the others cover some of the common types of UI/mode switching available in lights. (Ultrafire WF-502B, Convoy S?, Thrunite TN12 2014, and a Niteye Eye10) After using the T25C2, I'm thinking my next light will be another Eagletac; if not an Eagletac, a requirement would definitely be something that is very very similar to the Eagletacs UI.

Cheers

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Airman and Stanley - Just wanted to say how much I like the way you posted why your favorite UI's are a good match for you, as I think this manner of posting is the best that can be offered to those trying to determine what they need, or will like.

Instead of saying that your favorites are the best, you explained why they're the best for you.

Look forward to reading many more posts from you guys in the future.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
User Interface...

I really dig the Zebralight SC600 UI. Even more the control ring of an HDS Rotary. One handedness IMHO is a must for any UI...

kj2

Flashaholic
ZL has a nice UI, but I would prefer a full click would turn on moonlight instead of high, and a long press would get me high instead of moonlight.

Also like the UI on my TK12, later named TK09. Comes on in High and with a tap it switches between modes.

Cato

Newly Enlightened
Original Novatac: high -press- strobe. Perfect for a defense oriented light

Tapis

Enlightened
ZL has a nice UI, but I would prefer a full click would turn on moonlight instead of high, and a long press would get me high instead of moonlight.
I never thought about that, but yes indeed it makes more sense and would certainly help avoid all the mistakes I make with this light.

kj2

Flashaholic
I never thought about that, but yes indeed it makes more sense and would certainly help avoid all the mistakes I make with this light.
Would avoid blinding myself too ;) Now I cover the lens with my hand, just to make sure, I won't blind myself.

Charles L.

Enlightened
Zebralight's UI is one of my two favorites for sure. I got over blinding myself pretty quickly -- not that it didn't happen at first ;) Still a quick click for moonlight and longer press for full-on is an intriguing suggestion.

Only UI I like more is an infinitely-variable ring, but added length and weight are an inevitable trade-off for the ring.

blackadder911

Newly Enlightened

Also like the UI on my TK12, later named TK09. Comes on in High and with a tap it switches between modes.
In the matter of self defense it's easier, practical and applicable that short click for full lumens.