FCW-4 Flashaholics Camping Weekend!

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you say "tri-mester"...
My wife gave birth to our daughter Madeleine on Friday May 30th. She was only 30 weeks along but all is going very well. My wife was discharged from the hospital today.

luxlover

Banned
Funny you say "tri-mester"...
My wife gave birth to our daughter Madeleine on Friday May 30th. She was only 30 weeks along but all is going very well. My wife was discharged from the hospital today.
Jimmy,
Well congratulations, POPS. Is this number one for the avid flashaholic? So tell me, which lights do you plan on buying for the little angel, to get her on the way to flashaholicism early in life?

For teething purposes, I suggest a small diameter single AA cell light that cannot be swallowed, is easy to grip.....and of course has an HAIII finish to break in those little jaws and make her teeth strong!

Any other comments for the new father, boys and girls, even though talking about the birth of a child is very very very....."off topic?" :ohgeez:

Be good,
Jeff

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've already got lights for my other 2 girls, this one will get a few too.

I just received a couple of UV lights. They're cheapie 5mm cluster lights that use 3xAAA cells. But, I'll be bringing them to FCW-4. In the pitch black of night, I wonder what will fluoresce in the woods. Then we'll let lasercrazy incinerate them with his HID. I still haven't had a chance to go out and get a head-light though. Been a bit busy as of late.

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
Add me to the list. PM sent.

Not sure if I'll be able to do both nights but I'll definitely be there for one. I used to swim at Hickory Run every summer when I was a kid but never camped there.

My camping experience is limited to a tent in my back yard:) This will be fun.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official updated reservations list for the FCW-4 campout as of 6-5-08.

If your name is on this list it means I have received or are awaiting to receive your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Space will be limited, so if you want to go sign up soon!

KartRacer31 - 1
Luxlover - 1
TOOCOOL - 5
JimmyM - pop up
senecaripple - 2 (awaiting funds)
Stan671 - 5/2 or 3 tents
lasercrazy - 2 (awaiting funds)
Lighthouse one - 3/2 tents (awaiting funds)
AyeMayanor - 1

Last edited:

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
:paypal:

I see a visit to Cabela's in my near future. hehehehehehe:naughty:

Hey Luxlover...did you bring the Optics HQ e-series heads to PF10? If so, could you bring them along? I thought I saw you with them at one point but I was so distracted by other lights that I didn't get a chance to check them out.

luxlover

Banned
Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
:paypal:

I see a visit to Cabela's in my near future. hehehehehehe:naughty:

Hey Luxlover...did you bring the Optics HQ e-series heads to PF10? If so, could you bring them along? I thought I saw you with them at one point, but I was so distracted by other lights that I didn't get a chance to check them out.
You are confused about the series of SF lights that the OpticsHQ kits accomodate. At PF10, I had a pair of kits that were made for C-series thread types. I will bring them to FCW-4 and PF11. You can play with them all day, and test them on your SF lights as you see fit.

OpticsHQ has a head/bezel/light module assembly made for E-series lights. I don't have them. Look at the very bottom of this page, for the various configurations..... http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/CTGY/Surefire-Accessories

Jeff

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
You are confused about the series of SF lights that the OpticsHQ kits accomodate. At PF10, I had a pair of kits that were made for C-series thread types.

Yeah, I was confused about what you had at PF10. I saw you with a box of parts and heard someone say "OpticsHQ", so I just assumed they were the E-series conversion heads but didn't get a closer look. I'd like to get one for my unused L4 body but would like to see it in person first.

So, if anyone attending FCW-4 that does have an OpticsHQ E-series conversion head, please bring it:)

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
My tent has arrived
transport-lfdpn-038.gif
now I'm a happy camper
smiley-channel.de_camping001.gif
Bananejump.gif
, but in case I don't arrive first save me a large flat area for Tentzilla 18' x 10' :whistle:

luxlover

Banned
My tent has arrived
transport-lfdpn-038.gif
now I'm a happy camper
smiley-channel.de_camping001.gif
Bananejump.gif
, but in case I don't arrive first save me a large flat area for Tentzilla 18' x 10' :whistle:
Mate,
I'll save you a BIG area next to where you promised to help me pitch MY tent. Remember that my bad back prevented me from attending camp-outs 1, 2 and 3. Just a little help from you and Kyle would be great.

No wonder it took so long for you to get your tent. You had it shipped by stagecoach, whereas mine came by UPS Ground. :nana:

Jeff

luxlover

Banned
You can have a lot of help from Me, Kyle, Nick and Tabby.
Someone called fartracer? said he would help, too. :D
I just looked at the post listing the attendees. I didn't see any "fartracer." With a name like that, whomever he/she is, better pitch a tent far away from the rest of us. :ohgeez: Nobody better light a match around that noxious person!!

Jeff

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at the post listing the attendees. I didn't see any "fartracer." With a name like that, whomever he/she is, better pitch a tent far away from the rest of us. :ohgeez: Nobody better light a match around that noxious person!!
Jeff
We better play it safe and bring "safety rated" lights like the Streamlight PP 4aa. I won't be charging any lithium batteries near him either.

luxlover

Banned
We better play it safe and bring "safety rated" lights like the Streamlight PP 4AA. I won't be charging any lithium batteries near him either.
Good idea. Some Pelican lights have "hazardous material" certifications, as do some streamlights. I have the same light as you, with seven LEDs.

Any mishap could cause the event known as "rapid disassembly."

Jeff

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm let me see, I need to figure out the square footage of a tent that is 18' X10' so that I know how much baked beans I'm gonna need to eat to be able to produce enough gas to fill the interior space of that new tent of yours Mr. Cool. :D

Jeff, no worries, I'll be happy to help with putting up your tent.... every good job needs a foreman. I'll make sure TooCool doesn't slack off. :twak:

Jimmy, no worries man I never fart in bed! :)

Last edited: