FCW-4 Flashaholics Camping Weekend!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official updated reservations list for the FCW-4 campout as of 6-21-08.

If your name is on this list it means I have received or are awaiting to receive your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Space will be limited, so if you want to go sign up soon!

KartRacer31 - 1
Luxlover - 1
TOOCOOL - 5
JimmyM - pop up
senecaripple - 2 (awaiting funds)
Stan671 - 5/2 or 3 tents
lasercrazy - 2 (awaiting funds)
Lighthouse one - 1
AyeMayanor - 1

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
Animalhousepa isn't coming again?
Animalhousepa is no longer free to do anything, since he is a pizza flinging store owner now. He can't be bothered with such frivolous activities such as going back to his primitive "roots" via camping! :sigh: Maybe he will surprise us, and show up with a few pies anyway?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did some scary math. I'll burn $81 in gas each way. Based on my average fuel economy from FCW-3. That's assuming gas doesn't go much higher than the $4.05 I'm paying now.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be more expensive elsewhere, but you'll burn less than half of what I do, unless you plan on driving with 4 flat tires and the e-brake on. I can get ~16 MPG towing, if I'm very careful. read: Slow. Gone are the days of towing at 75 MPH. On one trip in upstate New York, going up hill, I was pulling away from a friend behind me. He was doing 80. A utility body truck was trying to block me from passing. He gave up when I topped 90. Save the "you're an idiot flames". I know. I know.
That was back in the days of $1.25/gal. Thirsty as it is, that 6.0 litre engine sounds fabulous wide open at 4000+ RPM.
$4.40 gal. Eek! Fellow CPFer Petrev (lives in England) says he's paying about $9.93 USD/US Gal equivalent.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Animalhousepa is no longer free to do anything, since he is a pizza flinging store owner now. He can't be bothered with such frivolous activities such as going back to his primitive "roots" via camping! :sigh: Maybe he will surprise us, and show up with a few pies anyway?

well, if that's the case, we'll have to brand him. strip him of his flashaholic title.
maybe on the saturday, we all pile on one or two vehicles and surprise him with a visit to the pizzaholic's establishment, with our headlights on!
stuff in a burlap bag, and abduct him.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so looking forward to this camping trip. I could really use it right about now, I wish I didn't have to wait 88 days!

luxlover

Banned
I am so looking forward to this camping trip. I could really use it right about now, I wish I didn't have to wait 88 days!
Tim,
You don't have to wait. Take your funny little honey on a pre-FCW-4 camping trip locally, to get your juices flowing for the "main event." Now do you feel more better?

Jeff

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
let's do them in the summer next year.
summer doldrums sux. I have no problem taking off a couple of days during the summer time.
except for a few ball games and boring workshops, i'm free.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally don't care for summer camping due to the heat, humidity and bugs. But if everyone wants to I could be convinced to do it.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jimmy....can the pop up! You got a second small car? You got a tent? You need something small and manuverable anyways.....

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jimmy....can the pop up! You got a second small car? You got a tent? You need something small and manuverable anyways.....
Can the pop-up what? I do have a tent, but prefer not sleeping on the ground. I don't use the pop-up that often, so like to use it when possible.
As far as manouverablity, In the 9 years I've owned it, I've only removed a bumber, cracked a running board, and bent a Wendy's drive-thru display. Not too bad. :sssh: