FCW-4 Flashaholics Camping Weekend!

luxlover

Banned
Shall I hazard a guess and say that was the year Mr. Luxlover decided to grace the world with his presence...? Man this has been a rough 50 years for the world:nana:
Jason,
You are as right as two rabbits! I was extracted in 1952, and it was a vintage year. Hey, give me credit for the damage I have done with all of my 56 years. (2008 - 1952 = 56).

Jeff

Stan671

Enlightened
I am SOOOO looking forward to FCW-4!!! I always loved camping but just have not been able to do it for many years. The FCW's are the perfect thing to get me back into a tent.

Tim, any possibility of getting us in the site on Thursday? I'd gladly pay the extra for another night.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Stan, I too am totally looking forward to FCW-4! :twothumbs

I don't see why we couldn't get up there for an extra night. I'll check to assure that at least some of the sights will be available on Thursday night. In the meantime, is there anyone else interested in coming up on Thursday night? --Tim

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see if I can take that day off too.
If so. I'll be there on Thursday as well.

Edit: I just requested those days off. It will probably be approved.

Last edited:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
we could be there thursday night.
just came back from camping for 5 days in the rain ofcourse.
Heidi had the brightest flashlight in trumansburgh, ny . put my tk10 to shame.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official updated reservations list for the FCW-4 campout as of 7-23-08.

If your name is on this list it means I have received or are awaiting to receive your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Space will be limited, so if you want to go sign up soon!

KartRacer31 - 1
Luxlover - 1
TOOCOOL - 5
JimmyM - pop up
senecaripple - 2 (awaiting funds)
Stan671 - 5/2 or 3 tents
lasercrazy - 2 (awaiting funds)
Lighthouse one - 1
AyeMayanor - 1
teststrips - 3 (awaiting funds)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm working on the extra night (Thursday night). It doesn't make sense to reserve / pay for all 6 sites for that extra night, and as of now no one else has any of them reserved. So depending on how many people want to come up for the Thursday night will determine how many sites I'll need to reserve for that night. It should work out to a nominal addition for anyone who wants to do it. Probably an extra 3-5 bucks per person, again depending on how many participate.

Stan - do you want to use the same area you did last time we were there, which I believe was the area around site #11?

Jimmy - Please confirm when you can if you can make it up for Thursday too. The pop-up will be in site #6, which is the only site we can put it in.

senecaripple - are you guys gonna sleep in your car again?

Stan671

Enlightened
Tim, please book the whole area (or whatever is available if someone else is there) for Thursday evening also so that nobody has to move thier tent on Friday.

If there is a shortfall in the fees because too few people show up, _I_ will make up the difference without hesitation. I'll assume all risk.

Yes, I'd like to get into the same area I was in before - way at the far end away from the cars.

Thank you.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure where we'll be sleeping until we get there, all depends on the weather. based on previous experiences, and patterns, we'll most likely sleep in the car.
we should campout where there's a drought. we can make some money!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
GREAT NEWS!!!

As you may have read in the previous posts, enough interest in extending FCW-4 was expressed, and so I've added Thursday night!

Fortunately all 6 sites were available, and so I booked them, thus extending our FCW-4 by another day/night. By the way, Thursday nights up at Hickory Run are VERY dark. Most other campers arrive on Friday night, so on Thursday night you don't get much external light other than what nature provides. And as you know we have planned this event around a new moon, so it should be nice and dark!

The additional night is really being made possible by Stan, who has generously offered to pay for the majority of the costs involved with adding the additional night. With Stan's generosity we are able to reserve all 6 sites for Thursday. Stan has donated $100.00 towards the cost. So, for anyone who wants to add on Thursday it will only cost you an extra $5.00 per person. Whatever ballance is left after Stan's $100 and the $5.00 each is collected, I'll cover myself.

Anyone who is already going and wants to add Thursday night, please PM me for my paypal address to send the $5.00. Or for anyone who couldn't make the weekend, but can make it up for just Thursday night, (or any combination of nights/days) that's OK too.

Thanks again Stan for helping to make the extra night happen. :D

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I would love to do an extra night but will have to see how my work schedule fits into the equation. Stan is the Man :twothumbs

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
Tim,

Why don't you just update your first post with the attendance roster so that we don't have to read all of the following comments for that information. I am going to commit to a definite maybe for this camping outing, but only for one night - either Friday or Saturday. I want to break-in my new Lodge #12 cast iron dutch oven by cooking a "mountain man" breakfast recipe for everyone.

Take Care!
Dave