Fenix catalogue 2013

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah plenty of old lights in that configuration many of us still use. & i can understand why they haven't been made for a while too- unlike max lumen chasers who are willing to upgrade more often to keep up with the latest/greatest, it takes a bigger jump in efficiency for fans of these type of lights to justify upgrading to something with similar output, just for more runtime.

But I think we're well beyond that point now, considering the e05 outlasts the aa V1 & L1p at the same output, on an AAA. Imagine how long an e05-AA could last with that efficiency. That new e11 with a shrouded tailcap would be close enough for me though...

Do you know if it's now shrouded deep enough to tailstand?

:confused:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The big German discount supermarkets peddle lights every quarter or so and even they have moved on from a simple AA cell light to something more modern.There offering this week is a nice little budget light.

Torch_zpsfd9d4e94.jpg

• Impact-resistant housing made from anodised aluminium
  • Extra bright, long-life 3W Cree LED
  • 3 operating modes: full power, energy-saving and SOS
  • Batteries included
  • 3 year manufacturer's warranty

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one to notice they're bringing the TK11 back?!!!!!!!!

I'd take a HP25 with red LED.... why is it there's always one little thing missing to be my perfect headlamp?

nicvri

Newly Enlightened
Rather than higher medium-low and medium-high settings on most of the models (e.g. LD12 and LD22) I would have preferred longer runtimes.
For the rest I'm very curious when these updated lights will come out, and how they will hold up! :)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one to notice they're bringing the TK11 back?!!!!!!!!

OMG! ... But it looks like what they have listed in that catalog is the same R5 emitter version. The run times and lumen output is the same. I've been saying the TK11 is one of the best looking lights of all time for years. If they put an xp-g2 into it I'll finally get one. Everything is getting away from simplicity these days. I don't need side switches, memory functions, etc. The simple twisting of the head always let's you know whether the light will come on in full brightness or a good "general" brightness of around 50 lumens which is perfect. The TK11 with 2 modes and an xp-g2 would be flashlight nirvana as far as I'm concerned. Keep the same brightnesses even-- just give it that new "loss-less OP reflector" and maybe a matte black finish instead of glossy black...

.... Okay I'm starting to drool. Cya later.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! ... But it looks like what they have listed in that catalog is the same R5 emitter version. The run times and lumen output is the same. I've been saying the TK11 is one of the best looking lights of all time for years. If they put an xp-g2 into it I'll finally get one. Everything is getting away from simplicity these days. I don't need side switches, memory functions, etc. The simple twisting of the head always let's you know whether the light will come on in full brightness or a good "general" brightness of around 50 lumens which is perfect. The TK11 with 2 modes and an xp-g2 would be flashlight nirvana as far as I'm concerned. Keep the same brightnesses even-- just give it that new "loss-less OP reflector" and maybe a matte black finish instead of glossy black...

.... Okay I'm starting to drool. Cya later.

You made me drool too. You forgot about the excellent runtime of 10 hours on a 60 lumens low that looks more like over 100 lumens.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless this is a provisionary catalog without updated data I'm afraid they won't update the TK11 with an XP-G2: in the catalog the intensity is the same as the R5 version. At least they haven't stopped production yet.

Totally agree that the TK11 is a great light: yesterday I found a TK11 on sale and bit the bullet!

CyberCT

Enlightened
I am disappointed in:

LD01 was not upgraded to the XPG2 (Really looked forward to this)
TK60 still has XML T6 instead of U2 bin
Also noticed they have the TK45 as "Ansi" 760 lumens, but that light was rated 760 lumens before Fenix started using the Ansi method.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that some lights still have the same led does not necessarily mean that they won't be upgraded to newer LEDs but that they won't be upgraded soon.

As for the ANSI lumens, even before Fenix complied with the standard I think their ratings where close to it. The PD30, TK11, and TK12 ANSI ratings were very close to the previous ratings and the small difference might have also been partially due to the new R5 emitters together with some minor changes the how the emitters were driven.

Personally what I found most disappointing, though I expected it, is that the UI of the LD 12/22 PD 22/32 hasn't been changed in any way.