Fenix FD40 Review

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
We apologize for not answering clearly before, but we can confirm that it is definitely acrylic, not glass.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review!
It corresponds to reality. Flashlight is very durable and is not afraid of falls and water.
I had this flashlight since July 2017, then because of uncomfortable (for me) management, I gave it to my friend. A friend began to complain that the flashlight was discharging too quickly. I checked with a multimeter the current in the off state (that is, what the electronic button eats), it was 7.3 milliampere, then I made a video, This shows already 6.7 milliamps. In my opinion this is a lot, so the battery sits down quickly. Can someone do such a check on their flashlight. I'm wondering, is this the standard consumption current in the disconnected state or do I have a marriage?
I use se us18650vtc5 c5, at the time of the shooting, 2 cycles of full charge / discharge, a voltage of 3.86 V.

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you!
This is very useful information.
In except to consumption in the off state all functions work as expected.
I gave it in for a check in the store where I bought it, they said it was normal
and I just need to store it with a slightly unscrewed lid if I do not use FD40 for a while.

upd.
But I do not like this idea. With an unscrewing lid I store only my G2 and P6,
because cover rotary in any case. Today, I measured the leakage current with protected
battery eagtac 16650 2600, the result is the same.

If it was a pipe, then it was possible to put a clamp or a patch, but what about the button?

301832701000100490490no.jpg

Last edited: