Fenix TK-70

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK70 is a great light. I also buy older Fenix lights all the time: great deals and outside isn't darker now than it was a couple of years ago!:thumbsup:

ssideup

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for over 12months now and am still loving it. I am using Medion D cells giving about an hour on Turbo. I have measured the tail cap draw and it reads a little more than 11amps. Anyone else have info like this on their own TK70?

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have had mine for over 12months now and am still loving it. I am using Medion D cells giving about an hour on Turbo. I have measured the tail cap draw and it reads a little more than 11amps. Anyone else have info like this on their own TK70?

I did check it when I reviewed the TK70 long time ago, my copy draws slightly less:
Fenix%20TK70%20Turbo.png

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did check it when I reviewed the TK70 long time ago, my copy draws slightly less:
Fenix%20TK70%20Turbo.png

HKJ, why must the wattage increase with falling voltage for the brightness to be held constant? I thought that brightness is proportional to wattage :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
HKJ, why must the wattage increase with falling voltage for the brightness to be held constant? I thought that brightness is proportional to wattage :)

The brightness is proportional to the power that reaches the led, not to the power used from the battery, i.e. the culprit is driver efficiency!
It is probably due to the higher current, i.e. driver efficiency goes down with increasing current.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightness is proportional to the power that reaches the led, not to the power used from the battery,

Oh okay, that makes sense :)
Thanks for the evaluation!

xoomercom

Newly Enlightened
I sold this light a while back on ebay and dont miss it a bit. The thing was HUGE!!!. Fenix must be embarassed of that thing. I too noticed that its been removed from the website even though older lights are still in their lineup.

kj2

Flashaholic
I sold this light a while back on ebay and dont miss it a bit. The thing was HUGE!!!. Fenix must be embarassed of that thing. I too noticed that its been removed from the website even though older lights are still in their lineup.

I still got it and I like it :)
Yeah it's big and heavy, but the light it puts out still puts a real big smile on my face :D

Latest posts